Any Udon Happenings?

TRIPxCORE

Will be coming up to Udon Monday for yet another week of the wife visiting family. I need something to do as I get a little stir-crazy sitting around all day. I have access to transportation so can anyone recommend any day trips or local happenings that I can take advantage of so my week isnt spent wastefully? Thanks in advance.

Sorry Joey,

It does not look like anyone's biting.

I have never been there so I cant help. Actually, I recently found out some places to go where I will live. So maybe a day trip to Korat :o . But that might take more than a day.

Can anyone help ??

Oh yeah, ..GO CUBS !!!

Jeff

Hi. If you are interested in History you could visit the Udon Thani museum on Phosi road, they have information about the Udon area. Udon has a nice park in the central area with lot's of good restaurants to try in the evenings. Hightech night plaza and Lum Udon night market are worth a visit. There is also a good selection of nightlife for a town of it's size.

Maybe you can get a few ideas for things to do on the udonmap website Udon Map they have a good community forum there.

I hope this helps,

GLR

Go to Nhon Khai, go thru the markets, have a meal in one of the restauraunts overlooking the meekong, go to the Wat just out of town, forgot the name but has heaps of old statues.

KhonKaen is another place to go, Ubolat dam is on the way.

Get onto the Khonkaen site and post there, you could organise a hotel over night, have a beer with some locals and they could put you right for entertainment.

:D:o