Anyone aware or have experience with TM 30 form

The title of it explains what it is for. 

image.png.9aef6febd7b64dde2bc625dd38c83626.png

The aliens info is entered on page 2 of the form

Under section 38 of the immigration act it is required.

Whether you need one or not depends upon the immigration office that you would be going to do something at.

Hi ubonjoe

I've been told by immi. this form must be submitted by every landlord regarding his tenant in 24H also when tenant every time returns from a trip abroad.

This 30TM form came to my hears from a Thai landlord who was recently 2000 bht fined coz he did not submit this form regarding his foreign tenant

Every time a foreigner stays overnight at a new address someone — the; owner, or house-master, or possessor, or hotel/guesthouse manager — is supposed to, by law, submit the TM.30,

It is meant as a way to track our whereabouts. Only arrival is reported so when you depart you’re still shown as staying at the last address reported. For the system to work properly, which it doesn’t, requires all responsible people to always make a report.

For years it wasn’t really enforced because most IO’s don’t like it anymore than we do, but since the Bangkok bombing it’s becoming increasingly enforced, with the enforcement varying across the country. Until recently CW immigration weren’t enforcing it for private residences, but that may be changing based on a few reports.

When you leave the country, as far as immigration are concerned, your current stay ends, so when you return someone should report your new stay even if returning to the same address. I’m regularly in and out of Thailand, but never bother submitting a TM.30.

It is mainly an issue for tourists and expats applying for extensions of stay. As part of the extension application process some offices check that a TM.30 has been submitted. They may fine one of the responsible people if it hasn’t been done, and probably won’t issue the extension until one is completed.

Hotels, guesthouses can register to report online. Some offices allow individuals (landlords, condos etc.) to register online too.

If you are within the CW catchment I doubt they will enforce a new report from your landlord every time you return from abroad, but they might insist one is on file if/when you apply for an extension of stay. However, note that if you stay at a different address within Thailand, and are reported at that address, you’ll remain at that address on the system until you’re reported as returning to you ‘home’ address.

• Thanks 2

@ elviajero

My wife read and share your comment, apparently the case that initiated CW immi. is "Wat Sai Temple case" recently.

My wife owns condo where we stay (private residence) and she is been told by IO CW to register me online....she is not willing to take any risks and just do as been told by IO.

I live here so many years on a marriage visa and do my usual 90 days and never heard of TM 30 until now....this is just crazy!!

Whats next walking around with a badge as the jews ones or an Orwell 1984 situation?

• Like 1

In my experience my wife was fined for not reporting me with the TM30 when I did my 1 year first extension of stay in 2012 and they found out (Sri Racha imm.) They explained to my wife that she has to do it every time I came back to Thailand within 24 hrs. And the TM30 receipt of notification must be always stabled to my passport. When I do my 90 days report renewals they always remove my old 90 report receipts but never the TM30 receipt from wife. But When I left the country to go to work the TM30 was removed from my passport at check in counter at airport which I dont know why. after the fine my wife always report me when Im back and its been always like that. 

• Thanks 1