Two Chiang Rai men arrested with 5 million meth pills

webfact

Two Chiang Rai men arrested with 5 million meth pills

By The Nation

d370f752d34ce018b4400937b17a50c7.jpeg

Two suspected drug mules were arrested in Chiang Rai on Wednesday night while allegedly trying to transport 5 million methamphetamine pills from a border village.

28da707b5472741b37748b00673c21d2.jpeg

The arrests were made at 9.30pm in Ban Huay Ya Sai village in Tambon Pa Daed in Mae Saruay district.The arrest were made after police and Army troops, manning a road checkpoint on the Chiang Rai-Chiang Mai road in Tambon Pa Daed, spotted a pickup truck parking and changing route apparently to avoid the checkpoint.

ef44b4b6358f886ae33e56e3fd665f2f.jpeg

The troops trailed the pickup from a distance until it stopped in front of Ban Huay Ya Sai village. They waited until the two men carried several boxes onto the pickup before they arrested them.

The two suspects were identified as Jessada Promsai, 42, and Phet Phonatee (age unknown). Both are Chiang Rai residents.

An estimated 5 million meth pills were found in 13 boxes.

The authorities believe the suspects were trying to move the drugs from the border area into downtown where they would then be smuggled down to a central province.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359073

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-22

5 million!!! Who is making this sh!t? That should be the focus of every cop. Thee poor buggers look like uneducated farmers who were told they could make an easy baht or two. I feel for them and their families. The big guys, the top dogs, why aren't they ever found?

Sorry, stupid me....I know...they're making the sh!t.

5 minutes ago, THE REVERAND said:

Yes these men would be The Puppets but I think while they getting checked a bigger order would have gone elsewhere.  The stooges get caught with low grade tablets whilst the professionals head elsewhere for the Big Coup.  

Do you know that as a fact , or is that just what you think may have happened ?

15 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

So you don't think 5m tabs would be a major load ?

In this part of the world - NO. Across the border in Burma there are many factories producing met-amphetamine on an industrial scale - billions of ya-ba tabs per year! The chemicals used to produce the drug come from India and China as Burma cannot manufacture them. (Ref: Australian Broadcasting Corporation - ABC- July 2018)

Archived