Where to sell old Thai coins and rare bank notes

stevymac

I have seen some shops on Charoen Krung Road and west of Surawong Road, on past the Jewelry Hub Building going towards China Town on the opposite side of the street. It is not hard to spot the bills and coins in the store front windows. I have no idea about the prices, as I have never inquired or bought or sold Thai currency. Good luck.

There will be local and foreign dealers at the FIP International Stamp show, 5th Floor Siam Paragon, November 28 to December 3rd.  This is a major international show held only once a decade in Thailand.  While it is a stamp show, many of the local dealers also buy and sell coins and paper money.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Check & double check with different vendors & experts first.

You may have a pleasant surprise,

Some notes especially can be worth a lot of money.

A lot more than you and i thought.

But the vast majority are not, and it takes considerable knowledge and experience to distinguish which is which.

If no shop will offer a good price, try the old boy who sits on the sidewalk opposite Siam and fishes coins out of the drains - or so he would have you believe....but he may have retired on his ill-gotten gains, I haven't seen him in years.

I have used Eurseree auctions both for buying and selling. Totally reliable. They handle material on behalf of the Royal Household, among others.

www.eurseree.com

You'll do better with coins and bills that are certified and fated by one of the major agencies. Some of the rarest, most valuable Thai coins have various forgeries in existence.  And even with certified coins or notes, condition will be Ver important.

Between SaphanKwai and JJ (closer to JJ and the crossing), there is many, many selling coins, notes and stamps, Also lucky charms and antique stuff. I'm not sure if they buy, but I would guess so. Also Behind JJ close to Vintage Market I have seen a few.

Archived