Former Russian consul charged with forging Thai visas

snoop1130

Former Russian consul charged with forging Thai visas

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

11402636_822810814463542_6520489914598643813_o-696x551.jpg

Vitaly Kulyushin at the annual general of the Thai-Russian Chamber of Commerce’s annual meeting in April 2015. Original image: Thai-Russian Chamber of Commerce / Facebook

BANGKOK — Police have arrested a Russian in Chonburi on Thursday for allegedly forging hundreds of visas to Thailand.

Vitaly Garyevich Kulyushin was taken into custody by officers from the Technology Crime Suppression Division and accused of selling forged Thai visas to Russians, Maj. Gen. Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn announced Thursday.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/11/22/former-russian-consul-charged-with-forging-thai-visas/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-22

Former honorary consul held for selling counterfeit visa stamps to Thailand

By Suriya Patatayoh 
The Nation 

739b11a2ed46cec0c35704a0e6fdd9dc.jpeg

POLICE HAVE arrested a former honorary consul for allegedly producing counterfeit entry visa stamps and immigration documents and selling them to Russians wishing to come to Thailand.

Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpan, acting immigration department chief, said the arrest of Kuliushin Vitalii in Phuket province was in response to a court-ordered arrest warrant against him.

“Police sought charges against him for falsifying official documents and fraud, as well as for violating the Computer Act and possibly harming the national security,” he said.

Thailand often appoints local people as honorary consuls in different countries to help facilitate immigration work.

Vitalii, 60, had held the position in Vladivostok, Russia but his appointment was revoked by a Cabinet resolution in 2006.

Responding to a request from the Consular Affairs Department of the Foreign Ministry, police found that Vitalii ran a website where he advertised his services, claiming that he was still authorised to do immigration processes, such as stamping visas and certifying documents.

He allegedly collected about 5,400 rubles (Bt2,700) in fees from each customer.

Surachet told reporters that the Russian’s alleged acts violated multiple laws, including the Computer Act. “The suspect had committed more than 100 offences before coming to Thailand and lying low,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30359123

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-23

The stupid bit was coming to Thailand.

When you have been caught doing something clearly illegal, do not then fly halfway across the world to the one jurisdiction where you can be arrested and imprisoned for years. I can only assume he must have had protection from somebody in Thai officialdom and that protection must have expired.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Vitalii, 60, had held the position in Vladivostok, Russia but his appointment was revoked by a Cabinet resolution in 2006

I believe that should read 2016. I was wondering how he managed to keep up the fraud for 12 years until I read the other link.

4 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Just typical of Russians, the top knobs feel that they are entitled to disregard any other countries laws because of their Mafia style mentallity. If its OK for the President, then its OK for them.

Russians may be especially egregious in this regard, but they are hardly the only nationals who feel that they are a law unto themselves  or who believe themselves to be innately privileged wherever they go.

RE - Though his right to use the official consular stamp was revoked, Kulyushin did not surrender it despite a warning that year to do so.

There is no exaggeration in claiming that he is stamped for life...:whistling:

his apointment was revoked in 2006

iThailand no have a regular statutory limitation period 

??

and before 2006  ahhah  you can look the half of the consuls in the world.

Visas as Non o multi and B , was just a matter of payment and passports sending arround the world from consulates, even in europe  , dornbin,hull and others

Long ago many time i was in the philippines, during stay there i was  sending assport to  europe for new one year visa, easy task....

18 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Russians may be especially egregious in this regard, but they are hardly the only nationals who feel that they are a law unto themselves  or who believe themselves to be innately privileged wherever they go.

Yes, Thailand and the Thais lack of any regular adherence to their own laws tempts all of us, from all nationalities to follow suit. 

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Yes, Thailand and the Thais lack of any regular adherence to their own laws tempts all of us, from all nationalities to follow suit. 

hahaha how funny...that's the excuse...sorry I don't wear a helmet or whatever because so many others here don't so why should I.  The old 'when in Rome' is just DUMB!!!

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Reading some of the posts on this site I think there are some here who fit your definition.

11 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Thai elites believe Thai laws are implemented for the masses not for them. They have the resources to make it all go away..... 

11 hours ago, ttrd said:

RE - Though his right to use the official consular stamp was revoked, Kulyushin did not surrender it despite a warning that year to do so.

There is no exaggeration in claiming that he is stamped for life...:whistling:

Maybe his Thai 'contacts' were still collecting their share (a reason not to insist about getting that stamp back, or not issuing another, new, different one...). Na-ah, not possible, Thais don't do that, they are honest people, LOL!

On 11/24/2018 at 12:41 PM, hobobo said:

How about somewhere really hot, like Hell?

Hell is in Norway , and he will get welfare and everything handed to him there, so Siberia sounds more like the real hell. 

maxresdefault.jpg 

Archived