Income statement letters from embassies no longer required, confirms Phuket Immigration

But in Phuket and Pattaya ++ can you NOT open a bank account in any bank if you don't have a B-Visa and work permit. The banks here are afraid of money laundering and black money, so here are not Immigration in phuket with on their own rules.

Edited by nasa123
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Bit silly to include all 195 countries in this discussion (especially Thailand - there isn’t a Thai embassy in Thailand of course). Many of those have very few citizens living on non-immigrant O visas in Thailand and some are thoroughly corrupt. I don’t think there’s anything strange about what’s happened, from what I’ve read so far. I’m glad my country’s embassy has refused to lie or to agree to follow convoluted verification procedures that would be impossible for them to implement at a reasonable cost. As individuals, it’s hard for us to fight immigration but our embassies obviously have no intention of being pushed around by them. Perhaps thousands of expats will be forced to leave because of these decisions but I seriously doubt it.

If you cant see there are very strange things going on behind the scenes..Not much I can do....Thai Immigration policies should apply to ALL embassies..And if that were the case...Thai immigration could just say WE WILL NO ACCEPT INCOME VERIFICATION LETTERS FROM A-N-Y COUNTRY....

They could knock out all 194 countries in a day...

But this is not happening is it?

You embassy is only doing what they were told to do...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

And how many countries are there? And how many countries are not issuing the income letter? So that leaves loads of countries still issuing the income letter...Does any one see any thing strange with this?

So your saying ALL other embassies are just fine with verifying income?
I say not a chance in hell... 

Different countries have their own interpretations. One might expect some more to follow suit though and add to the 4 already withdrawing letters. Those 4 cover the majority of those who apply for extensions based on retirement or marriage to a Thai. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, nasa123 said:

But in Phuket and Pattaya ++ can you NOT open a bank account in any bank if you don't have a B-Visa and work permit. The banks here are afraid of money laundering and black money, so here are not Immigration in phuket with on their own rules.

And therein lies their whole, flawed logic. If Thai banks deem certain people unqualified to open an account through not having the requisite visa or a WP, then they simply all must be money launderers and felons. Since Thai Immigration are well into their illusory white good guys in, black bad guys out campaign, such (mostly  white) felons are in the latter category. Simples.

• Thanks 1