How Hot Is It In Your Region?

Easy Come Easy Go

In the 8 and a bit years that I've lived in Thailand, October and November have never been this hot and humid. Normally I relish and look forward to these months, as they obviously should provide some respite. But this year in HH it hasn't really let up at all, still up in the low to mid 30s day in day out! 
Are things normal where you're living?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Have noticed the same in Pattaya this year, defiantly hotter than others years for the time of the year. It was on the news the other day, hottest autumn and winter for years.

Much, much hotter and more humid here just outside Tha Bo near Nong Khai, even the locals are saying it is much hotter than in previous years.

• Like 1

My Long John's are gathering a musty smell in the wardrobe.

All the little DIY household repair jobs that I had been saving up for the cool season would now keep a platoon of engineers busy for a week.

29C indoors and hotter than the surface of the sun outside.

Global warming....its real !!

Even our 5 dogs stay under the house in the shade until 5 pm.

This is in lower Petchabun. Probably cooler in the north of the province.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Denim said:

All the little DIY household repair jobs that I had been saving up for the cool season would now keep a platoon of engineers busy for a week.

I looked online at Chiang Mai weather, and it seems to be around 30-32 in the day, which is pretty hot for this time of year, and, and more so for Chiang Mai! 

in bangkok, sukhumvit/asoke area, it has been quite hot.  for the last 10 days or so, the temp has been 32-34C.  but the 'feels like' temp has been 39-41C from roughly 11am to 4pm.  i've been checking it every day.  i don't remember a november like this in the last 10 years.  today is the first day where the 'feels like' temp tops out at 36C.  i walk around the area alot during the day and it isn't pleasant at 39C+. 

2 hours ago, buick said:

in bangkok, sukhumvit/asoke area, it has been quite hot.  for the last 10 days or so, the temp has been 32-34C.  but the 'feels like' temp has been 39-41C from roughly 11am to 4pm.  i've been checking it every day.  i don't remember a november like this in the last 10 years.  today is the first day where the 'feels like' temp tops out at 36C.  i walk around the area alot during the day and it isn't pleasant at 39C+. 

It literally feels like Songkran some days here in HH! 
I remember a few years ago it dropped down to around 20C degrees on a November, and I had to wear socks to bed as I'd become used to the temperatures and climate here over a few years!

• Like 2

Same here in the Sisaket/Ubon area...very hot and especially humid which makes it even less bearable.

Since yesterday, we have a Northeastern wind which is cooling things a bit, but altogether it certainly doesn't feel like the winter season...used to be...

17 hours ago, Denim said:

I agree global warming is real. But it is egotistical to believe it is all caused by man.

20 hours ago, Denim said:

Absolutely beautiful up here. Wandering around the the property this evening with beer in hand, shorts and singlet, could not be better.

Starting to cool off now 6.30pm so will be perfect for sleeping later.

3 hours ago, Kurtf said:

I agree global warming is real. But it is egotistical to believe it is all caused by man.

I think of it like this
When you stand outside and feel the burn on your skin, the blinding light in your eyes, most people forget that it's a huge ass burning ball of energy doing all of that. Like if you sit next to a camp fire, you can feel the heat on your skin and the light in your eyes. Yet this is a ball of burning matter many millions of miles away, and yet it has even greater affects on everything than a camp fire. 

But also that camp fire over time will get stronger and weaker, stronger and weaker. This happens from moment to moment with flickering flames, hot spots etc. The sun is no different, and operates in many non formal cycles. I feel this is just one of the cycles where the sun is pumping out more energy than prior to recent years