Pair arrested in Chonburi hotel raid are wanted Liverpool brothers

webfact

Pair arrested in Chonburi hotel raid are wanted Liverpool brothers

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Immigration Bureau

Thai Immigration have announced details of an armed nighttime raid earlier in the week at a Chonburi hotel. 

The men arrested have been named as Joseph Mulhare, 43, and his brother Gregory Mulhare who is 38. 

Their arrest followed a cat and mouse game as the pair moved from Pattaya to Bangkok before they were eventually taken in at gunpoint in the early hours of Tuesday morning. 

The Thai Immigration website said that the brothers were wanted by the North West Regional Crime Unit in the UK who made representations to the British Embassy in Bangkok.

They are wanted on charges related to dealing in cocaine, amphetamines, ecstasy, MDMA and cannabis. 

The Liverpool Echo in the UK reported that the brothers were originally from the Wirral and had gone to Thailand earlier this month.

Thai immigration discovered they were staying in Soi Bua Khao in South Pattaya at The Link Hotel.

They were often seen frequenting Unique Blue Sports Bar run my Mr Neil Smith. 

They discovered they were wanted by the Thai police and subsequently went to Room 305 at The Loft in Pratumnak hill owned by Wirawan Luangleu. 

On the 18th of this month the pair paid Wirawan 2,000 baht to take them to Pannee Lodge Hotel in Khao San Road Bangkok. 

From here they went to Suvarnabhumi airport attempting to give officers the slip. They changed taxis at the airport and proceeded to Sukhumvit Suites in Asoke back in downtown Bangkok. There they stayed in rooms 405 and 406. 

At 10pm on the 19th they checked out and went by taxi to Panda Resort in Don Hua Lor district of Chonburi where they were arrested at 2.30 am the next morning in room B33. 

Their visas have been revoked and they are being prepared for deportation back to the UK. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-23

1pm1.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These guys are not scousers, they come from the Wirral and so they would be called Woolly Backs.  The name derives from the fact that The Wirral is located near the vicinity of the welsh border.  I also come from the Wirral and I am well aware of the scum that we have within the lower echelons of our populace but let me assure you, they are in the minority.  The Wirral is a beautiful peninsula and the people you would choose to be in the company of are warm, passionate and genuine.  The scallies of the town are just like the rats in any city, we know they are there but we avoid them like the plague.

As for the often repeated slur that if you venture into Liverpool by car you will have your wheels stolen, this has become a tedious old joke often repeated by the sort of lower class clientele you would find in a Bernard Manning club.

JAF

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

These guys are not scousers, they come from the Wirral and so they would be called Woolly Backs.  The name derives from the fact that The Wirral is located near the vicinity of the welsh border.  I also come from the Wirral and I am well aware of the scum that we have within the lower echelons of our populace but let me assure you, they are in the minority.  The Wirral is a beautiful peninsula and the people you would choose to be in the company of are warm, passionate and genuine.  The scallies of the town are just like the rats in any city, we know they are there but we avoid them like the plague.

As for the often repeated slur that if you venture into Liverpool by car you will have your wheels stolen, this has become a tedious old joke often repeated by the sort of lower class clientele you would find in a Bernard Manning club.

JAF

As a proud scouser myself I can confirm that whilst these may be brothers, they are neither scousers or from Liverpool.

Some valid points above about the Wirral although certain parts are very rough, other parts are beautiful, pretty much in line with any part of the country.  

The jokes about scousers belong in the 70s and 80s, probably the people making these tedious jokes have probably never been and come from a place with worse crime statistics.

1 hour ago, kingkenny said:

As a proud scouser myself I can confirm that whilst these may be brothers, they are neither scousers or from Liverpool.

Some valid points above about the Wirral although certain parts are very rough, other parts are beautiful, pretty much in line with any part of the country.  

The jokes about scousers belong in the 70s and 80s, probably the people making these tedious jokes have probably never been and come from a place with worse crime statistics.

Know what you mean, had an old mate from north Wales whom a mutual (Irish) friend used to insist was a scouser.

Likewise, an old friend from the Wednesbury area would take issue if I referred to him as a Bummie, apparently Black Country people are "Yam-Yams", he informed me!????

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

JAF

No wooley backs are St Helens area although it would be fitting I agree

It's great to see the UK and Thai police working together like this. Such a shame that the UK police are stalling the Red Bull case though, preventing the esteemed Thai forces from catching the man they promise us they are doing all they can to apprehend. ????

4 minutes ago, Katipo said:

It's great to see the UK and Thai police working together like this. Such a shame that the UK police are stalling the Red Bull case though, preventing the esteemed Thai forces from catching the man they promise us they are doing all they can to apprehend. ????

Please give it a rest about the Red Bull heir , he gets a mention in nearly every thread .

Every thread seems to get compared to the RBH

3 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Maybe he gave someone a backhander in the UK? Then again, does anyone really think that the Thai establishment are trying their hardest to get him back?!????

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

JAF

Call them what you want 

I call them lowlife scumbags 

Thailand don't need people as them 

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

JAF

or a ThaiVisa forum.  :cheesy::clap2::intheclub::hit-the-fan:

I thought I was being educated about 'scousers'.  However Wiki and The Liverpool Echo says that people from the Wirral are indeed 'scousers'.  It's reported that 'scouse' spread to Birkenhead in the early 19th century and later to the rest of The Wirral.

Just saying.   I'm from Hull and there are lots of derogatory terms referring to ourselves.  Fish-Heads being common!

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Maybe he gave someone a backhander in the UK? Then again, does anyone really think that the Thai establishment are trying their hardest to get him back?!????

Absolutely. They tried to call him, he didnt answer so they gave up

I commented the other day that they blocked out the face of an Asian woman who had murdered a man from India by drugging him.

Yet these two knobs have done nothing wrong in Thailand or so it seems and they are paraded in front of Big Joke and the lads while they are all laughing.

Bloody annoys me it does. 

4 minutes ago, irishken said:

I commented the other day that they blocked out an Asian Womans face who had murdered a man from India by drugging him.

Yet these two knobs have done nothing wrong in Thailand or so it seems and they are paraded in front of Big Joke and the lads while they are all laughing.

Agreed but if there was an International arrest warrant out on them then the police have the authority to arrest them

1 hour ago, Katipo said:

The UK cops are far too busy sat at their computers looking for hate and racist crime to be bothered with serious stuff.

21 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I thought I was being educated about 'scousers'.  However Wiki and The Liverpool Echo says that people from the Wirral are indeed 'scousers'.  It's reported that 'scouse' spread to Birkenhead in the early 19th century and later to the rest of The Wirral.

Just saying.   I'm from Hull and there are lots of derogatory terms referring to ourselves.  Fish-Heads being common!

You were right.

Wiki is wrong.

The Liverpool Echo has misled you. They, the drug dealers, originally came from the Wirral but moved to Liverpool.

Someone born and bred on The Wirral (yours truly) is definitely not a scouser (by mutual agreement).

Back to the drug dealers :- Sounds like they Irish roots. That'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.

5 minutes ago, irishken said:

I commented the other day that they blocked out the face of an Asian woman who had murdered a man from India by drugging him.

Maybe to do with defamation laws here? They have a tendency not to name condos etc where people top themselves (also not same falang!)? There doesn't seem to be so many pictures of people 'pointing' at the perp anymore!???? 'Formation-pointing' either, with more than one witness or victim.

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

JAF

Although my secretary did go up to Liverpool by car once, to get me a visa, and on returning to her car, the sidelight was broken, and her tax disc was missing. Admittedly a few years ago now.

1 minute ago, RandG said:

Although my secretary did go up to Liverpool by car once, to get me a visa, and on returning to her car, the sidelight was broken, and her tax disc was missing. Admittedly a few years ago now.

Tax disc?? Yes, rather some time ago.

6 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You were right.

Wiki is wrong.

The Liverpool Echo has misled you. They, the drug dealers, originally came from the Wirral but moved to Liverpool.

Someone born and bred on The Wirral (yours truly) is definitely not a scouser (by mutual agreement).

Back to the drug dealers :- Sounds like they Irish roots. That'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Unless they have a Liverpool passport or valid visa they are not scouse

Archived