Pair arrested in Chonburi hotel raid are wanted Liverpool brothers

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

That's the half American Indian brother-in-law called Angonamo.

I recall visiting Bootle and the city of Liverpool back in '86 and the guys were all wearing shell suits and sporting some rather nifty hair dos.  Great camaraderie and a good laugh was had even if the place was the most depressing I've ever visited in life, and I don't joke.  

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

These guys are not scousers, they come from the Wirral and so they would be called Woolly Backs.  The name derives from the fact that The Wirral is located near the vicinity of the welsh border.  I also come from the Wirral and I am well aware of the scum that we have within the lower echelons of our populace but let me assure you, they are in the minority.  The Wirral is a beautiful peninsula and the people you would choose to be in the company of are warm, passionate and genuine.  The scallies of the town are just like the rats in any city, we know they are there but we avoid them like the plague.

As for the often repeated slur that if you venture into Liverpool by car you will have your wheels stolen, this has become a tedious old joke often repeated by the sort of lower class clientele you would find in a Bernard Manning club.

JAF

Please do no insult the deceased, brilliantly funny gentleman.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:
5 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Call them what you want 

I call them lowlife scumbags 

Thailand don't need people as them 

Apart from being wanted in UK, they did nothing illegal in Thailand.

Where I said they did something illegal??? 

But they changed rooms for not get caught meaby that's is illegal in Thailand because every time you change address you need inform the immigration 

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

I recall visiting Bootle and the city of Liverpool back in '86 and the guys were all wearing shell suits and sporting some rather nifty hair dos.  Great camaraderie and a good laugh was had even if the place was the most depressing I've ever visited in life, and I don't joke.  

Worked in Birkenhead for a few months in the 80's and had similar experiences to yourself. The place was a bit rough but the guys were good fun on a night out after work.

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

These guys are not scousers, they come from the Wirral and so they would be called Woolly Backs.  The name derives from the fact that The Wirral is located near the vicinity of the welsh border.  I also come from the Wirral and I am well aware of the scum that we have within the lower echelons of our populace but let me assure you, they are in the minority.  The Wirral is a beautiful peninsula and the people you would choose to be in the company of are warm, passionate and genuine.  The scallies of the town are just like the rats in any city, we know they are there but we avoid them like the plague.

As for the often repeated slur that if you venture into Liverpool by car you will have your wheels stolen, this has become a tedious old joke often repeated by the sort of lower class clientele you would find in a Bernard Manning club.

JAF

Please. Back in the early seventies, the Oldham Bernard Manning club was so funny from beginning to end. The clientele were not so low class and the women weren't bad either.

What annoys me is the fact that now even the town or city In the UK is becoming relevant to the storyline.

If the perpetrators were from say, Uganda would the headline say "Wanted Kampali brothers"? Or if they were from Kenya would the headline specify that "Wanted brothers are from Nairobi", or "Wanted brothers are from Mombasa"?

These type of headlines imply that people from certain towns/cities in the UK are more likely to be a danger to society than others - what does it matter whether they are from "Liverpool", "London", "Manchester" or "Ecclefechan"?

The mere fact that they are from the UK should be enough - usually it's "Brits" or "Swedish" or "Norwegian" or "Russian" or "Chinese" or "Mongolian" - why bring the cities where they hail from into it? 

7 hours ago, simon43 said:

Huh? Cars in the UK don't have tax discs now?? (totally off-topic question, but it's news to me!)

Stopped displaying discs about 4 years ago. Number plate recognition cameras do the job now.

35 minutes ago, balo said:

They are wanted and the first thing they do is to visit Pattaya and Soi Boakaow where all the other Brits are hiding.  Brain dead comes to mind. 

Not sure about that, hiding among many similar souls makes you harder to find. Well done Thai police finding and arresting these guys, poor show UK letting them leave the country!

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

Please give it a rest about the Red Bull heir , he gets a mention in nearly every thread .

Every thread seems to get compared to the RBH

It gets mentioned so often because it is a disgrace and a stain on Thailand. No amount of wishfull thinking can change that.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure about that, hiding among many similar souls makes you harder to find. Well done Thai police finding and arresting these guys, poor show UK letting them leave the country!

Absolutely. Hiding in plain sight. elsewhere they would stick out.

14 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Where I said they did something illegal??? 

But they changed rooms for not get caught meaby that's is illegal in Thailand because every time you change address you need inform the immigration 

Ok, you didn't say that. My bad. About the change of address, the hotels are supposed to inform Immi about your whereabouts when you check in.

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

He could sue for 'name and shame'.

I think that's a possibility here! Loss of face. Unless he actually is a bit dodgy and he just keeps his head down, but for the article just to name him for no reason is poor. Hardly unusual though, consider the general standard of 'online' journalism (in the West almost as much as here). 

23 minutes ago, taxin said:

Im so pleased they reported the hotel room numbers they were staying in, im sure everyone will agree something of such huge relevance should also be included in the report.

See Post #52 - and I like "Paid by the word!"

On 11/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, sanemax said:

Please give it a rest about the Red Bull heir , he gets a mention in nearly every thread .

Every thread seems to get compared to the RBH

So, why should we just forget about the Red Bull heir and give it a break? Wouldn't that just help people forget about it?  That may be exactly what the Red Bull heir wants.

13 minutes ago, smotherb said:

So, why should we just forget about the Red Bull heir and give it a break? Wouldn't that just help people forget about it?  That may be exactly what the Red Bull heir wants.

I didnt suggest that he should be forgotten about (although I do wish that he was) , I would just prefer if if people didnt constantly keep going on about him , he gets mentioned in numerous threads and do you really think that Boss reads Thai Visa and hopes that posters would stop mentioning him ?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I didnt suggest that he should be forgotten about (although I do wish that he was) , I would just prefer if if people didnt constantly keep going on about him , he gets mentioned in numerous threads and do you really think that Boss reads Thai Visa and hopes that posters would stop mentioning him ?

If people stop talking about it, no matter the forum, no matter the language; he would be more likely to be forgotten. I simply stop reading when the material bothers me.

Archived