Three Filipino pickpockets targeting foreign tourists on the BTS arrested

webfact

Three Filipino pickpockets targeting foreign tourists on the BTS arrested

46718893_714198948935953_1127021881149358080_n.jpg

Picture: Thai Immigration Bureau

The Thai immigration website has announced the arrest on warrants of three Filipino nationals for stealing from a Japanese tourist on the BTS in upper Sukhumvit earlier this month. 

The victim had 100,000 baht in cash and valuables stolen. Credit cards from the theft were used to buy goods at a department store. 

Those arrested on warrants from the Bangkok court were named as two men - Fernando Gamboa and Michael Jumadiao - and a woman Ainie Rabe. 

The arrests were a joint operation of immigration tourist police and Thong Lor cops. 

The thieves would spot potential foreign victims using the BTS and then crowd round them on trains. 

The latest incident occurred on November 2nd and was reported by the tourist to Thong Lor police. 

The IB site on Facebook said that foreigners are being targeted by gangs from the Philippines, Cambodia, Mongolia and Vietnam.

Foreigners represent easier targets and are less able to report crime quickly, said the IB site.

The Filipinos in this case had come and gone to Thailand many times. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-23

Re the OP photo:-

How much effort, relative to actually catching, interrogating, prosecuting and convicting the alleged criminals, goes into the production of that infographic that nobody bothers to try to read? 

I even wonder if they produce it first, then pick suspects to fit!

Detective work, 3 man hours.

Publicity, 3 man weeks.

10 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Re the OP photo:-

How much effort, relative to actually catching, interrogating, prosecuting and convicting the alleged criminals, goes into the production of that infographic that nobody bothers to try to read? 

I even wonder if they produce it first, then pick suspects to fit!

Detective work, 3 man hours.

Publicity, 3 man weeks.

But where are the obligatory 10 officers that always gather behind the crooks?

Tourists are great targets for two main reasons. 1/ They have money and are usually carrying it. 2/ They go home. So even IF it is reported and IF the criminals are caught, there is nobody to testify against them.

25 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Tourists are great targets for two main reasons. 1/ They have money and are usually carrying it. 2/ They go home. So even IF it is reported and IF the criminals are caught, there is nobody to testify against them.

They'll testify against me for the beating they'd receive if I caught them.  And I'm highly aware and bumps, distraction and crowding isn't going to work with me.  The retribution would be immediate and their blood splashed all up the walls of the BTS car.  Stand back.  

18 minutes ago, fanjita said:

They'll testify against me for the beating they'd receive if I caught them.  And I'm highly aware and bumps, distraction and crowding isn't going to work with me.  The retribution would be immediate and their blood splashed all up the walls of the BTS car.  Stand back.  

You seem so hard.

13 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Family at home hard at work organizing another drunken Farang gofundme campaign.

I have extensive travel insurance policy coverage that covers both my wife and I.  

No need for GoFundMe campaigns.  

2 hours ago, fanjita said:

My God , I hope I don’t accidentally bump you while the train is bouncing and lurching. I sure wouldn’t want that thrashing. 

16 hours ago, Ulic said:

That doesn't seem to be the case here, does it?  

On 11/23/2018 at 11:19 AM, webfact said:

The IB site on Facebook said that foreigners are being targeted by gangs from the Philippines, Cambodia, Mongolia and Vietnam.

Yes , because a Thai would never do this....

Archived