BANGKOK 19 March 2019 00:32
jimmybarret

I want to loss my weight

Just now, Concrete said:

The fat adaptation process on keto can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks or more so for a study to have any meaning you would need 3 months plus 4 weeks. So 4 months+ would show how it's working.

So comparing a low fat dier to keto over 8 weeks is meaningless junk.

It shows the guys in white coats don't understand keto and probably paid off by food companies that sell high carb foods.

show me some research on that because that would mean our body is really really bad at converting to fuel. There is no way that its bad like that nature would not have allowed that.

Again more keto B.S.

So basically the anti keto white coaters are judging it on 2 weeks only when it is just starting to work.

Junk study.

The 12 month data says keto wins.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

show me some research on that because that would mean our body is really really bad at converting to fuel. There is no way that its bad like that nature would not have allowed that.

Again more keto B.S.

Just proves you don't understand keto.

Keto test strips can be bought from chemists. I find it fascinating that we can forcefully change how are body uses fuel and its scientifically proven to work by peeing on a strip.

• Like 1

Adte

Phil Maffetone was one of the pioneers in fat metabolism as a competitive tool with his Maffetone Method of HR training which happens to be an important part of the training component of OFM. Phil, via Mark Allen and others, demonstrated pretty clearly from a results/observational evidence perspective that fat does, indeed, play a vital role. If one follows Phil's writings, you can see his shift more and more into the camp of carbohydrate restriction as another means to enhance this ability to tap into fat at higher and higher levels of physical activity.

So, if consuming lots of carbohydrates induces a strong insulin response, then sharply restricting them obviously brings insulin levels down and increases insulin sensitivity. When this happens at the level we are doing with the VESPA/OFM program the body makes a profound metabolic shift in which it prefers to burn fat aerobically, especially saturates. So now the saturated fats, the ones we have been told are harmful, become our most potent source of base energy.

This level of carbohydrate restriction is termed "Nutritional Ketosis" and the goal is to get an athlete at or near this level for a prolonged period during their base building or off season so this fundamental shift can get set. This is the foundation for the program. To become fat adapted, the initial phase can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks of carb addiction withdrawal, then a second phase of about 6-8 weeks of hormonal up-regulation. The third phase is really about making it a habit (which seems to happen after a year or two of practicing

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

Keto test strips can be bought from chemists. I find it fascinating that we can forcefully change how are body uses fuel and its scientifically proven to work by peeing on a strip.

The body has no chance if you eat no carbs it can't burn them. Problem is if you eat too much protein you can still be kicked out of ketose. 

But what i find facinating is that people can eat carbs (i know I do) and still lose fat. According to keto that should not be possible because it takes many weeks to adapt to burning fat 🤣

So basically a comparison study under 10 weeks is not a good guide at all as it can take 10 weeks for the best of a keto diet to work.

My experience was similar. After 3 months the diet worked better with greater energy levels.

2 minutes ago, Concrete said:

Adte

Phil Maffetone was one of the pioneers in fat metabolism as a competitive tool with his Maffetone Method of HR training which happens to be an important part of the training component of OFM. Phil, via Mark Allen and others, demonstrated pretty clearly from a results/observational evidence perspective that fat does, indeed, play a vital role. If one follows Phil's writings, you can see his shift more and more into the camp of carbohydrate restriction as another means to enhance this ability to tap into fat at higher and higher levels of physical activity.

So, if consuming lots of carbohydrates induces a strong insulin response, then sharply restricting them obviously brings insulin levels down and increases insulin sensitivity. When this happens at the level we are doing with the VESPA/OFM program the body makes a profound metabolic shift in which it prefers to burn fat aerobically, especially saturates. So now the saturated fats, the ones we have been told are harmful, become our most potent source of base energy.

This level of carbohydrate restriction is termed "Nutritional Ketosis" and the goal is to get an athlete at or near this level for a prolonged period during their base building or off season so this fundamental shift can get set. This is the foundation for the program. To become fat adapted, the initial phase can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks of carb addiction withdrawal, then a second phase of about 6-8 weeks of hormonal up-regulation. The third phase is really about making it a habit (which seems to happen after a year or two of practicing

Funny if you can't burn fats when you eat carbs.. because you are basically saying you need to be fat adapted to burn fat. How is it possible that people who still eat carbs still burn fat ? Don't we have to be fat adapted for that ? Do explain that.

The body does not work like that it can switch when it wants not being fat adapted does not mean the body cannot burn fat. So it should have shown enough in the 8 weeks.

Again I don't say keto does not work, it can work but so can all the other diets. With equal calories it all does not matter much. Unless your diet is unhealthy like a twinkie diet yo can still lose weight just not good for your health.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

The body has no chance if you eat no carbs it can't burn them. Problem is if you eat too much protein you can still be kicked out of ketose. 

But what i find facinating is that people can eat carbs (i know I do) and still lose fat. According to keto that should not be possible because it takes many weeks to adapt to burning fat 🤣

You lift weights. That burns fat and speeds up metabolism. Early morning exercise  ie after 12 hours of no food burns more fat as the body has less glycogen to access. Lots of people walk in morning. 

1 minute ago, Concrete said:

So basically a comparison study under 10 weeks is not a good guide at all as it can take 10 weeks for the best of a keto diet to work.

My experience was similar. After 3 months the diet worked better with greater energy levels.

basically its just finding excuses why keto did not work better as you think. They are talking 3 days to two weeks. It should have shown already in the tests. You found something that works for you fine. But by thinking there are no other ways your as intolerant as a religious fanatic. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Funny if you can't burn fats when you eat carbs.. because you are basically saying you need to be fat adapted to burn fat. How is it possible that people who still eat carbs still burn fat ? Don't we have to be fat adapted for that ? Do explain that.

The body does not work like that it can switch when it wants not being fat adapted does not mean the body cannot burn fat. So it should have shown enough in the 8 weeks.

Again I don't say keto does not work, it can work but so can all the other diets. With equal calories it all does not matter much. Unless your diet is unhealthy like a twinkie diet yo can still lose weight just not good for your health.

No the body adjusts to become more efficient at fat burning. After years of high carb the body isnt used to high fat burning. That process takes up to 10 weeks to be more effective.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

basically its just finding excuses why keto did not work better as you think. They are talking 3 days to two weeks. It should have shown already in the tests. You found something that works for you fine. But by thinking there are no other ways your as intolerant as a religious fanatic. 

Wrong again. Takes 10 weeks for proper efgmficient fat burning and hormonal adjustment.

You are the classic flat earther. 

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Over 12 months it worked better. Proven science.

You are just making up excuses for the result by quoting an 8 week study which is a short term insignificant time period.

Anyone with a clue about diet knows 12 month results matter a lot more than 8 weeks and people who did keto for more than 3 months know this. You gave up before the best results start to happen. Maybe you are a quitter.