BANGKOK 18 July 2019 14:10
jimmybarret

I want to loss my weight

There is a way!! Don't go on some fad diet.

Eat Plant only based food - eat as much as you like and lose weight! And start a regime of exercise. Ask me in a personal message how to get started.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the most important part is that you have to be motivated to do it. Really motivated!

I have also a couple of kg too much and I like the idea about losing weight. But then again I like good food and cake and chocolate and pasta and ice-cream.

What would I gain if I lose weight? Would the girls be 50B cheaper? How much would I have to lose and how much would I have to exercise before the girls would decide something like: He is old but so handsome...

Summary for me: Not enough motivation.

Over to you, maybe you are better motivated.

I think the real motivation is your long term health. If you are over weight it puts stress on your body. Keeping to a good weight increases your chances of a longer active life.

Google or Youtube "Keto Diet" ... it involves cutting out the sugars and carbs in your diet, and it will explain to you why. I have been on it ( and not hungry at all  ) for about 10 weeks now and have lost 10Kg. A kilo er week is pretty good for a 56 year old. Stay active and stick to the diet and the weight will come off.

Good luck !

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

There is a way!! Don't go on some fad diet.

Eat Plant only based food - eat as much as you like and lose weight! And start a regime of exercise. Ask me in a personal message how to get started.

Yours is a fad diet too but good luck if it works 🙂

Edited by evadgib

Exercise  is the key word plus eat the right food cut down the portions 

you need to motivate yourself to do this

set yourself a obtainable target each week 

all these quick fix Diets cost money and usually don't work in the long term 

I have tried many many diets and the only one that has worked in my 79 years of life has been the one that turns the food pyramid upside down. Eat lots of protein, fats, fruits and vegetables and very few if any carbs. Your body will go into a state of ketosis. (A good thing) and start eating up your own body fat as it’s source of energy. In the very beginning you may find yourself having a lack of energy but that soon passes as your body adapts to the new diet. One major side benefit besides removing a lot of weight off of your hip and knee joints is it eliminates (cures) type 2 diabetes so you won’thave To take meds like meteor in to control your blood sugar.

Edited by Kurtf
I want to add something also. Forget all that crap about exercising to lose weight. Moderate exercise to maintain muscle tone is fine but as a weight reducing method, it doesn’t work unless you use the exercise of pushing yourself away from the table. Ohh

I am on a low-carb lifestyle now in 10 weeks lost nearly 10 kilo's and still feels good no need anymore for rice, pasta's, potato's and bread even my blood sugar has gone to good levels went from 107 kilo's to 97,4 today still a few kilo's to go but it is going slower by now................

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

This is a bad place to look for help losing weight. If the OP wants a few tips, PM me.

Many people on this thread are bagging the diets proposed by others. It's like religions - you can't all be right.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the most important part is that you have to be motivated to do it. Really motivated!

I have also a couple of kg too much and I like the idea about losing weight. But then again I like good food and cake and chocolate and pasta and ice-cream.

What would I gain if I lose weight? Would the girls be 50B cheaper? How much would I have to lose and how much would I have to exercise before the girls would decide something like: He is old but so handsome...

Summary for me: Not enough motivation.

Over to you, maybe you are better motivated.

"What would I gain if I lose weight?" You will have a better chance of a healthy life.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:42 AM, jimmybarret said:

Please suggest how i can loss the weight?

Check you fasting blood sugar and east after that, combined with some level exercise.

Read more...

"Danish researchers develop test that reveals diet needed for weight loss"

A scientific study behind blood sugar diet...

"Fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin identified as new biomarkers for weight loss"

–and in general, don't eat too much – more fuel input than burn off/output will cause an accumulation – a two or three day so-called "water cure" can help get started; i.e. don't eat, but drink (enough) water only for two or three days. Just drinking a glass of water before a meal might make you eat little less. Also be aware of alcohol consumption of more than average two to three units a day, as alcohol can make one gain weight.

🙂

Don't eat much. Easy as that. 

But I suppose you will get now a bunch of advice by TV-"Experts " and google-"doctors"

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Many people on this thread are bagging the diets proposed by others. It's like religions - you can't all be right.

Yet some ( or at least one ) would disagree with you and keep going and going and going. It’s sad that even a couple posters before you have to leave the OP a message to PM them instead of joining in.  What has become of this forum? Hope 2019 is not a monopoly by a handful of vociferous posters. The OP simply asked what he can do to loose some weight, jeez! 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Edited by alex8912

I have lost 48 kilogram = 105.821 885 85 pound, over the last 11 months in Thailand.

I cut out all thai food and eat only Steak with the fat on, eggs, little portions of fish with lots of whiskey. Minimum salads. One cup of coffee per month, water of 475ml per day. I ration wine and fruit as I am a T1 Diabetic.

Called the Banting Diet.

Beats the Keto diet hands down.

Sugar and carbs are your killers.

Remember, meat is meat is man must eat. Duck is duck.......and man must.....eat poultry too. I don't eat any poultry.

Breakfast: Bacon (could be any meat), toast, and tea (no milk or sugar)

Lunch: Fish, toast, fruit, poultry or game (think pheasant, venison, rabbit, chicken etc), and a couple glasses of claret (wine) or sherry

Snack: Fruit, a rusk (type of biscuit), and a cup of tea (no milk or sugar)

Dinner: Meat or fish, some vegetables, fruit, toast, poultry or game, and a couple glasses of claret

Pre-Bed Snack: Two glasses of sherry