I want a hot sandwich at BK's and McD's in Thailand. Am I a jerk?

ThaiRebound

Hi All, 

I hope this doesn't come off as petty, but I am annoyed that I cannot get a hot burger or chicken sandwich at BK's or McDonald's in Udon Thani. I don't know if this is generalizable to other such venues in other areas, but the heat lamps here do not seem to keep sandwiches warm. I have taken to asking for a "new" sandwich when ordering, leading to all kinds of looks of consternation and cognitive confusion among the staff at times. Most recently, I asked for a new one, as previously instructed to do if I want a fresh one made up, and watched them as they removed a patty from one of the sandwiched under then lamp, and re-fried it. Am I being a jerk if I ask for a freshly made sandwich, and then asking for a refund when they deliver something other than? I get that it's fast food, not a Michelin-starred restaurant, but I go in for it 1-2/week if that and I like to enjoy a hot meal when I do. 

I suggest to all. If you want to taste fastfood the way it was meant to taste -- it can be quite delicious! -- ask for a fresh ("new") sandwich when you order.

TR

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ThaiRebound said:

I suggest to all. If you want to taste fastfood the way it was meant to taste -- it can be quite delicious! -- ask for a fresh ("new") sandwich when you order.

Sorry, should have added vote with your feet.  Thousands of other Thai establishments will provide you with a tasty, nutritious and hot and, if you like, spicy meal for next to nothing.  Come all the way to LOS to patronise BK or Maccy D's?  What's wrong with you?

Move on and enjoy life.  

50 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Sorry, should have added vote with your feet.  Thousands of other Thai establishments will provide you with a tasty, nutritious and hot and, if you like, spicy meal for next to nothing.  Come all the way to LOS to patronise BK or Maccy D's?  What's wrong with you?

Move on and enjoy life.  

MCTHAI Co, the local operator of McDonald's quick-service restaurants, plans to double the number of its stores by 2020 (to 400), and 14,000 staff to become one of the top three operators of McDonald's restaurants in Asean in terms of store count.  People go to MacDonald's because they like MacDonald's. 

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

McDonald's. McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the largest fast-food restaurant chain in the world, with almost 37,000 locations in over 115 countries.  Lotta jerks out there.????

the planet is flooded with jerks

in how many countries do McDonald serve alcohol, beer - whisky - wine etc?

Kim J., our politics may be different, but I agree. People are easily satisfied, so there's not motive for them to improve. That said, BK advertises freshly grilled. I see them picking patties out of small plastic bins which were sitting there before I walked in. All of this, of course, is written expressly without the intention to inflame a certain member further.  

Just now, DJ54 said:

I Infrequent BK and MCD in China here the Thai food is very good so don’t got to the above once in 6 months and most the time what you were dreaming of tasted like crap....so why go! 

I don't like Thai food, actually. I cook for myself. Very occasionally, I like fast food. Cleans out the pipes. 

I would like Thai food if everything didn't include oyster sauce and/or fish sauce in it. Even if you order grilled chicken, you can't escape it in the marinade. If you like that, then great. I don't think I need to leave the country if I don't find the food agreeable. This isn't China after all ????

I have a strict policy about complaining about food in Thailand i can describe in 1 word - never! 

If i get the wrong order because of miscommunication with the waitress or whatever I'll eat it anyway and reorder the correct thing rather than send it back into the kitchen with a complaint attached! 

Anyone who has worked in a kitchen will know what I'm talking about and In Thailand some businesses will make the staff pay for a mistake out of their meagre wages... 

If the food is bad ill just not go there again than piss off the waitress and the chef who can do anything to your food in the back.... ???? 

8 hours ago, ThaiRebound said:

I would like Thai food if everything didn't include oyster sauce and/or fish sauce in it. Even if you order grilled chicken, you can't escape it in the marinade. If you like that, then great. I don't think I need to leave the country if I don't find the food agreeable. This isn't China after all ????

Everything does not include oyster sauce or fish sauce. 

cmg.jpg

snapper-hero21.jpg

mk.jpg

14 hours ago, ThaiRebound said:

Perhaps you should invest some money in a gas cooker and some kitchen utensils.

You know; DIY.

7 hours ago, Patriot said:

McDs in Ubon at Central and up near BigC always fresh and hot, never a problem. In fact the most bland, cold and disgusting BK I’ve had was in Fort Lauderdale SE17th and US1, ..... worst ever

US1? I think you mean off the 95.    I was under the misimpression that US-1 turns into I-95 for some reason.

At Mc here in Pattaya, I insist on hot food, and the complete order served simultaneously. Sometimes, when ordering a set, they say I'll bring you the burger or fries later. I say no,  I want hot food served as a set because eat it altogether, not burger and then fries. They comply and when delivered, they ask if the food is hot enough. It is Mc policy to serve hot fresh quality food.

BK also prides themselves of selling hot fresh food. Ask to see the manager, if anyone tries to serve anything less than quality food. BK website for feedback should be on the bottom of your receipt.

9 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

BK also prides themselves of selling hot fresh food. Ask to see the manager, if anyone tries to serve anything less than quality food. BK website for feedback should be on the bottom of your receipt.

If in doubt make the complaint.  Make a fuss and will occasionally get a voucher for a free meal.

23 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, jerks visit mcdonalds

I like their Samarai Pork burger myself. Its only big enough to feed quadrant one in my belly, but the gooey ooziness of the ersatz mayo combined with the industrial sweetness of the fake Teriyaki accentuates the crispy flavourlessness of the cardboard like pork. My only complaint (and I try not to complain here) is that the sauce combo drips into my beard and begins to immediatley congeal and since they don't ever give you more than one napkin, I have to use my shirt to clean up. But thats a minor issue.

Archived