I want a hot sandwich at BK's and McD's in Thailand. Am I a jerk?

ThaiRebound

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Really? Thin sliced rare Roast beef heaped on Deli Rye with a light spread of mayo, ketchup, horseradish and a slice or two of Vidalia or Bermuda onion.

Dont be a Philistine.

PS. I like the packages of ketchup with pizza. Dont have to buy it in the store then.

I have so much free ketchup , oregano and chilli sachets i was starting to wonder if pizza hut would buy them back from me....

Or maybe we could haggle a deal to exchange them for some  free pizzas every once in a while... ???? 

Win/Win

5 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I have so much free ketchup , oregano and chilli sachets i was starting to wonder if pizza hut would buy them back from me....

Or maybe we could haggle a deal to exchange them for some  free pizzas every once in a while... ???? 

Win/Win

Do you want to swap some ketchup sachets for some 7/11 straws ?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Do you want to swap some ketchup sachets for some 7/11 straws ?

Maybe not a bad idea ???? 

I could use some straws to drink my excess ketchup supply .... ???? 

Anyone interested in swapping anything for a few thousand maxvalu bags ? 

5 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Maybe not a bad idea ???? 

I could use some straws to drink my excess ketchup supply .... ???? 

Anyone interested in swapping anything for a few thousand maxvalu bags ? 

Maybe we need a swap meet forum

You are a jerk, sure, but that has nothing to do with ordering a a hot sandwich at BK's and McD's. It's the fact you made a post out of it that puts you in the jerk category.

BTW Are hopes and prayers are with you

On 11/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, ukrules said:

I occasionally go to McDonalds and the burgers are heated freshly every time.

I know this because they always make me wait for at least 5 minutes and I can see them constructing the burger in the back.

I haven't read the other posts yet, but............................  yes, they construct the burgers while you wait , but the actual meat burger is stored in a water bath. I know this as an employee I work with told me.

No, the burgers are not hot. Neither are the pies. I waited 7 minutes for a corn pie the other day only to find it was luke warm.

I stopped going to McDonalds a year ago, but had to go to a meeting with someone and chose a coffee (instant) and a corn pie.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, tingtongtourist said:

So you probably get something that cost 85-100baht

and now having a pop about the portion of french fries?

its $3-4....

$3-4 for most of the set have chicken, fries and drink!!!!

at that price surely you can buy a side serve if you dont think its enough.

wow, bring a Charlie to Thailand and watch him get even cheaper.

amazing!

I didn't know you could pay in USD in Thailand.

I have 27 Chinese Yuan,. Can I pay using them?

On 11/26/2018 at 10:02 PM, onekoolguy said:

I frequently eat at fast food places such as McDonalds. The food is just ok, so why would I eat there? The main reason is that there is a better chance that food safety procedures are followed! Having spent 13 years as a franchisee I know that food safety is stressed and a lot of time is spent training staff on this subject. Having seen how food is handled in the markets and many restaurants I am very concerned about this! Nothing is perfect, but you have a better chance of staying healthy eating food in a restaurant where food safety is required and enforced at least to some degree.

Are you serious?

Were the 13 years in Thailand?????

I saw a guy come out of the toilet without washing his hands, straight back to McDonalds and start serving fries.

I have students who have worked at McDonalds and they have told me that the hygiene is very poor.

I and my friend have been violently sick two times and suffered from food poisoning after eating chicken nuggets at a fast food restaurant. Daren't mention the name.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, LomSak27 said:

You are a jerk, sure, but that has nothing to do with ordering a a hot sandwich at BK's and McD's. It's the fact you made a post out of it that puts you in the jerk category.

BTW Are hopes and prayers are with you

As long as I'm not in the same category as whatever you are, I am overjoyed. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 2:19 PM, marcusarelus said:

He said it was fried not grilled.  He thinks an American grill fry's burgers.  Below is Macdonald's grill.

Wendy's has a prettier one.  But a grill is a grill. 

Mcds-Products-Page-Grills.jpg

Where are the flames and where does all the grease go?

On 11/27/2018 at 11:22 AM, marcusarelus said:

It is a lie and you could be sued for saying that. 

Ingredients: 100% pure USDA inspected beef; no fillers, no extenders. Prepared with grill seasoning (salt, black pepper)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mcdonalds-100-beef/

Seems the 100% beef is from Austrailia at our local thai McDonalds. Am sure 100% beef standard is the same , which I did not know.  Will may give them a try in the future.  https://www.asiaoutlookmag.com/outlook-features/mcdonalds-thailand

No beef at the McDonalds in India though -555

I eat at BK in Udon (2 locations), Highway 7 (1 location), Pattaya (3 of their locations) and Bangkok (1 of their locations). I have always had to wait for the burger which is being constructed to-order and they invariably politely request that I wait for fries as they do tend to make them in smaller. fresher batches. TBH I have never seen a pile of cooked and wrapped burgers under any heat lamp like at any of those franchises. I have only seen that at some US franchises of Wendy's at peak-times. Here, the freshly-cooked and wrapped burger comes down a short slide from the kitchen at the back. None of these locations offer any opportunity of observing staff "picking patties out of small plastic bins which were sitting there before I walked in". However, I understand from a former employee (US) that this is how they fulfill the 'freshly grilled' promise as there's a secondary, searing process that along with certain additives, yields the 'freshly grilled' look and taste. From order/pay to pickup/eat is invariably a 3-5 minute experience and it's always served hot.

I don't do McDonalds.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Nyezhov said:

Its OK, some folks are just born wrong, I can still be polite

Ubon Burgers: Probably the best is NJoy, not sure about the Wrong Way as they use sour bread - still tasty though, the Outside Inn has a good selection - if the kitchen is open!!, Bennys burgers, either on the river or the outlet on the eastern end of Sappasit Road, 100 or so metres before the temple, or, if youre south of the river then Bull Burger, on the #24, southbound carriageway before hitting the University traffic light system. Please note, these burgers are ALL hot when served, my son burnt his mouth on the fries at Bull Burger

On 1/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, Patriot said:

Please note, these burgers are ALL hot when served, my son burnt his mouth on the fries at Bull Burger

...but didn't burn his mouth on the actual burger.

But your point is well taken. The hand-made burger joints I ate at in the US delivered a far hotter burger than any fast-food outlet. Then again, these places tended to make bigger burgers, had tables an chairs for loads of dine-in's and no drive-through.

Archived