BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThaiRebound

I want a hot sandwich at BK's and McD's in Thailand. Am I a jerk?

Last month I was in Bangkok and ate at the McD's in the new mall across from Tesco OnNut. I had the Angus beef burger set with the free soda refills.  Never being a connoisseur of mayonnaise or mustard on a burger, I ordered mine without sauce. The cook prepared mine to order and I will say that it was hot and delicious. The secret to getting fresh, hot fast food is to special order. For hot fries tell them no salt, then salt them yourself. 

Update: After a 2 month hiatus from BK, I decided to roll the dice again. The manager was new, the staff looked completely new as well. This time when I asked for a "new" burger, the manager took the order seriously. Of the dozen or so times I had been there in the past, this was the best of all. I am glad I saved my first time to wai anyone in Thailand for something special like this. 

When I was 16 I worked at a McDonalds in the US. They had very strict standards about how long a sandwich of any type can sit without being sold. It's 4-6 minutes as I recall. That being said, this ain't the US. If you want something out of the ordinary here, such as a HOT sandwich, ask them to make you a special order sandwich. Customize it with no pickles, extra ketchup, or something of the like. They will grill it up for you and smile. As for fries, if you want them hot, as for NO SALT fries. Those must be made separate also. Make an ass of yourself, it's the Farang thing to do. And if they don't comply, ask again but LOUDER.

Almost hard to believe but I have seen on a walking market french fries sold cold. They made a lot of them, waiting on a table  and gave it to the  customers without reheating in oil, I had never seen before anyone daring to sell cold french fries :sad:

On 11/24/2018 at 4:04 AM, marcusarelus said:

Everything does not include oyster sauce or fish sauce. 

cmg.jpg

snapper-hero21.jpg

mk.jpg

slide_321493_3018328_free.jpg

I found McD's rather impressive 'victoria sponge' (burgers in their menu) to be smaller than a coffee cup in reality and somewhat light in content.

No, you're definitely not being a jerk. It is a God given right to expect a hot 🔥 Big Mac when you go to McDonald's! 😊 

Why is it  every time I pick a burger at McDonald or chicken fillet sandwich at KFC it crumbles and fall apart before it reaches my mouth?

I go to a MCD's a couple of times a year...  I don't really notice a difference if a burger if freshly cooked , or been under the lamps for a few minutes.  What freaks me out, is the "vegetable mush" that is created by building a bastardized burger, with the lettuce, tomato etc, on the bottom, with the meat patty on the top.  Buddha, give me strength.... 

This is correct:

image.png.a36fb8cefa5a33feb50bbb08d1e26433.png

This is sooo wrong:

image.png.37024bf7d9553c1c1a60e5f6d949f651.png

When Thais put food out on the table, it is always just warm. That's how they seem to like it. They eat spicy hot but not heat hot.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:49 PM, marcusarelus said:

MCTHAI Co, the local operator of McDonald's quick-service restaurants, plans to double the number of its stores by 2020 (to 400), and 14,000 staff to become one of the top three operators of McDonald's restaurants in Asean in terms of store count.  People go to MacDonald's because they like MacDonald's. 

And people are stupid because they are stupid.