Jump to content
BANGKOK
gerrygoat

Thais working in Israel

Recommended Posts

And if they get a call to supply services at an embassy, they should just say "sorry, me too busy, can not do".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the OP picked up a story by the BBC, a bastion of slanted reporting and a rich history of mudding israel image every time they have a chance to do so, didn't see the OP saying something about the maletretments of Thai workers in Taiwan and Korea and the thousands of Thai women working in the entertainment industry all over the world...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

Nonsense.

The story was well-researched and factual.

Your post is a good example of how anything negative about Israel is shouted down and demonized.

Just read posts like this Lungstib poster above malign and vilify  jews for being the " chosen people" reamark and you will understand why i write what i write,

Beside,, if the story was "well researched and factual" please direct to the link where i can read about it, so far it it has is a video...

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

Thailand and Israel, two countries that practice a similar theme; nationalism, which becomes excessive and produces a dislike for other nationalities. Thailand looks down on and abuses manual labour from its nearby and disliked neighbours. Israel, with its belief that it is a chosen people do the same with what they consider lesser people. They deserve each other and hopefully can learn something along the way.

Israel, with its belief that it is a chosen people

 

image.png.03c929cfffdacba2a5478de4ad9fe80a.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

Thailand and Israel, two countries that practice a similar theme; nationalism, which becomes excessive and produces a dislike for other nationalities. Thailand looks down on and abuses manual labour from its nearby and disliked neighbours. Israel, with its belief that it is a chosen people do the same with what they consider lesser people. They deserve each other and hopefully can learn something along the way.

What a load of thinly veiled anti-Semitic crapola. Dude, most any country in the world that is at all technologically advanced imports people to do work that most citizens don't want to do. But no, instead of showing respect to Israel for being in the company of advanced nations, you throw the "chosen people" insult at them. Do Canadians think they are the chosen people? Singaporeans? This garbage is as old as the hills -- ignorant hateful people that have no idea what chosen people means in the Jewish tradition twisting it to spread the disease of Jew hatred that they already have. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Just read posts like this Lungstib poster above malign and vilify  jews for being the " chosen people" reamark and you will understand why i write what i write,

Beside,, if the story was "well researched and factual" please direct to the link where i can read about it, so far it it has is a video...

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general. Such garbage shows up here pretty much every time there is a topic about Jews or Israel. 

 

As far as Thai workers being mistreated in Israel or anywhere, of course that's a legitimate issue worth talking about. But no need to bring Jew hatred into it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general. Such garbage shows up here pretty much every time there is a topic about Jews or Israel. 

 

As far as Thai workers being mistreated in Israel or anywhere, of course that's a legitimate issue worth talking about. But no need to bring Jew hatred into it. 

Could not agree more.. For me that applies to all groups of people, not just Jews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

 Do Canadians think they are the chosen people? Singaporeans?

 

Most "Imperial" states believe themselves so (Rome, Spain, Britain, United States, Russia, China) although the "terminology" may differ.  China, for instance, puts itself in a place above earth (and its "creatures") in the "Middle Kingdom" between heaven and earth.  The US of course had "A Manifest Destiny" and at one time to be born British was to have "Won first prize in the lottery of life".

 

That is how they justify (chiefly to themselves) ambition, aggression and violence.

 

Interpretations of the phrase which are less "provocative" to the "unchosen" can be found here:

 

Jews as the chosen people - Wikipedia

 

They probably will, however, be provocative to people of different "faiths" who covet the......."business".

 

 

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general. Such garbage shows up here pretty much every time there is a topic about Jews or Israel. 

 

As far as Thai workers being mistreated in Israel or anywhere, of course that's a legitimate issue worth talking about. But no need to bring Jew hatred into it. 

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general.

 

I am not sure I understand your statement (perverted use) here when reading the following as it seems they do believe it...……..

 

Chosen people, the Jewish people, as expressed in the idea that they have been chosen by God as his special people. The term implies that the Jewish people have been chosen by God to worship only him and to fulfill the mission of proclaiming his truth among all the nations of the world. This idea is a recurring theme in Jewish liturgy and is expressed in many passages of Scripture, as for example: “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people of his own possession, out of all the nations that are on the face of the earth” (Deut. 14:2). The term chosen people is a free translation of the biblical terms ʿam segullah (“treasure people”) and ʿam nahallah (“heritage people”).

I am not anti-Semitic in any way but am curious about your statement esp in reference to the above.

Anyway all of this religious claptrap puts me in mind of the title of a song from the Doobie Brothers, "What a fool believes".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...