Thais working in Israel

gerrygoat

So the OP picked up a story by the BBC, a bastion of slanted reporting and a rich history of mudding israel image every time they have a chance to do so, didn't see the OP saying something about the maletretments of Thai workers in Taiwan and Korea and the thousands of Thai women working in the entertainment industry all over the world...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

Nonsense.

The story was well-researched and factual.

Your post is a good example of how anything negative about Israel is shouted down and demonized.

Just read posts like this Lungstib poster above malign and vilify  jews for being the " chosen people" reamark and you will understand why i write what i write,

Beside,, if the story was "well researched and factual" please direct to the link where i can read about it, so far it it has is a video...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

Thailand and Israel, two countries that practice a similar theme; nationalism, which becomes excessive and produces a dislike for other nationalities. Thailand looks down on and abuses manual labour from its nearby and disliked neighbours. Israel, with its belief that it is a chosen people do the same with what they consider lesser people. They deserve each other and hopefully can learn something along the way.

Israel, with its belief that it is a chosen people

image.png.03c929cfffdacba2a5478de4ad9fe80a.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

Thailand and Israel, two countries that practice a similar theme; nationalism, which becomes excessive and produces a dislike for other nationalities. Thailand looks down on and abuses manual labour from its nearby and disliked neighbours. Israel, with its belief that it is a chosen people do the same with what they consider lesser people. They deserve each other and hopefully can learn something along the way.

What a load of thinly veiled anti-Semitic crapola. Dude, most any country in the world that is at all technologically advanced imports people to do work that most citizens don't want to do. But no, instead of showing respect to Israel for being in the company of advanced nations, you throw the "chosen people" insult at them. Do Canadians think they are the chosen people? Singaporeans? This garbage is as old as the hills -- ignorant hateful people that have no idea what chosen people means in the Jewish tradition twisting it to spread the disease of Jew hatred that they already have. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Just read posts like this Lungstib poster above malign and vilify  jews for being the " chosen people" reamark and you will understand why i write what i write,

Beside,, if the story was "well researched and factual" please direct to the link where i can read about it, so far it it has is a video...

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general. Such garbage shows up here pretty much every time there is a topic about Jews or Israel. 

As far as Thai workers being mistreated in Israel or anywhere, of course that's a legitimate issue worth talking about. But no need to bring Jew hatred into it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general. Such garbage shows up here pretty much every time there is a topic about Jews or Israel. 

As far as Thai workers being mistreated in Israel or anywhere, of course that's a legitimate issue worth talking about. But no need to bring Jew hatred into it. 

Could not agree more.. For me that applies to all groups of people, not just Jews.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Do Canadians think they are the chosen people? Singaporeans?

Most "Imperial" states believe themselves so (Rome, Spain, Britain, United States, Russia, China) although the "terminology" may differ.  China, for instance, puts itself in a place above earth (and its "creatures") in the "Middle Kingdom" between heaven and earth.  The US of course had "A Manifest Destiny" and at one time to be born British was to have "Won first prize in the lottery of life".

That is how they justify (chiefly to themselves) ambition, aggression and violence.

Interpretations of the phrase which are less "provocative" to the "unchosen" can be found here:

Jews as the chosen people - Wikipedia

They probably will, however, be provocative to people of different "faiths" who covet the......."business".

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're absolutely correct about the perverted use of "chosen people" to insult Israel and the Jewish people in general.

I am not sure I understand your statement (perverted use) here when reading the following as it seems they do believe it...……..

Chosen people, the Jewish people, as expressed in the idea that they have been chosen by God as his special people. The term implies that the Jewish people have been chosen by God to worship only him and to fulfill the mission of proclaiming his truth among all the nations of the world. This idea is a recurring theme in Jewish liturgy and is expressed in many passages of Scripture, as for example: “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people of his own possession, out of all the nations that are on the face of the earth” (Deut. 14:2). The term chosen people is a free translation of the biblical terms ʿam segullah (“treasure people”) and ʿam nahallah (“heritage people”).

I am not anti-Semitic in any way but am curious about your statement esp in reference to the above.

Anyway all of this religious claptrap puts me in mind of the title of a song from the Doobie Brothers, "What a fool believes".

This has tones of the 19th century American plantation owners and their black slave labourers.

Just out of curiosity, does Israel have human rights laws? If it does why are they not being enforced?
There is room for improvement but Israel is doing quite well in that department relative to their neighborhood. It's in the Middle East. It's not Canada.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

throw the "chosen people" insult at them. Do Canadians think they are the chosen people? 

...Yip.  THE CHOSEN PEOPLE to freeze our <deleted> off in the winter, sweat our bags off in the summer, and smile about debilitating over taxation

12 hours ago, AnnaBanana said:

Your post is a good example of how anything negative about Israel is shouted down and demonized.

As opposed to everything about Israel and their people being demonized. 

6 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

...Yip.  THE CHOSEN PEOPLE to freeze our <deleted> off in the winter, sweat our bags off in the summer, and smile about debilitating over taxation

Up in Alaska, the local shul called themselves the Frozen Chosen. And the Rabbi carried a 1911. And moose and caribou are kosher.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, ezzra said:

So the OP picked up a story by the BBC, a bastion of slanted reporting and a rich history of mudding israel image every time they have a chance to do so, didn't see the OP saying something about the maletretments of Thai workers in Taiwan and Korea and the thousands of Thai women working in the entertainment industry all over the world...

Looking for excuses are you, take every opportunity to slam the Thais but when it is getting close to home, you are deflecting. Very SAD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Actually the program was part of a series on the BBC entitled "Why Slavery?". The most harrowing episode was about African women being imported into the Middle East to work as domestics. Also a recent episode of "Stacey Dooley Investigates" featured foreign sex workers in Turkey. Probably the most celebrated of recent documentaries featured North Koreans exported by their government to work as slave labour in countries such as Russia, primarily to boost the economy by importing Dollars.

The BBC has long highlighted the issue of modern slavery. The documentary on Israel is just one of many on this subject.

The BBC, more than any other news outlet, has a reputation for being the least slanted or biased news outlet in the world. This is because it is funded by the British public and doesn't have a paymaster to kow tow to.

Why deo you think that it's anti Semitic? It clearly isn't, It's produced countless documentaries on the plight of Jews throughout history, particularly the Diaspora and the Holocaust. However it doesn't shy away from reporting the truth and has exposed the Zionist government of Israel and it's practices of alienating, removing the human rights of and even genocide of the Palestinian people. I think that this is where you have your problem with the BBC, not with biased reporting but simply telling it as it is, which is clearly unpalatable to you and other well known posters on TV.

It is anti Israel because the report is biased and left out key medical information. How much time was spent discussing the genetic predisposition of Issan gene pool workers to SUDS?

Had the BBC been fair it would have had a more detailed discussion of the 220+ deaths in Singapore in the early 90's and it would  have discussed the SUDS situation in Canada with the Thai farm workers. Are you even aware of these facts? 

I hear crickets.

17 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Israel enforces apartheid. Caucasian Jews on one side and Arabs and non-whites on the other. Thais sadly fall on the wrong side.

Your comment is  idiotic.

Your  claim of apartheid  has absolutely NOTHING to do with this   situation. Nothing. SUDS is a known condition  in Thais. The fact that you are ignorant of the genetic predisposition and willingly accept   incorrect biased claims demonstrates that you are simply looking for a reason to bash jew people and Israel.

Why not deal with the actual scientific facts? Is it because the truth deflates the opportunity to launch into the promotion of false claims? Farm workers everywhere have it rough. Lack of respect for labour rules is common in every country where there is migrant farm labour. It's the same in Sweden, Canada, Norway etc.  These countries have some very strict labour laws that protect migrant farm workers and yet similar complaints occur.  Thai farm workers collapse and die every day of the week. It's called SUDS. Educate yourself.

17 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

It is anti Israel because the report is biased and left out key medical information. How much time was spent discussing the genetic predisposition of Issan gene pool workers to SUDS?

Had the BBC been fair it would have had a more detailed discussion of the 220+ deaths in Singapore in the early 90's and it would  have discussed the SUDS situation in Canada with the Thai farm workers. Are you even aware of these facts? 

I hear crickets.

This particular report was about Thai workers in Israel, not Singapore or Canada. As you are nit-picking my post, I assume that you agree with the general thrust of my post.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Your comment is  idiotic.

Your  claim of apartheid  has absolutely NOTHING to do with this   situation. Nothing. SUDS is a known condition  in Thais. The fact that you are ignorant of the genetic predisposition and willingly accept   incorrect biased claims demonstrates that you are simply looking for a reason to bash jew people and Israel.

Why not deal with the actual scientific facts? Is it because the truth deflates the opportunity to launch into the promotion of false claims? Farm workers everywhere have it rough. Lack of respect for labour rules is common in every country where there is migrant farm labour. It's the same in Sweden, Canada, Norway etc.  These countries have some very strict labour laws that protect migrant farm workers and yet similar complaints occur.  Thai farm workers collapse and die every day of the week. It's called SUDS. Educate yourself.

By your own quote, the conclusion is that SUDS in Thai workers is probably stress related. i.e. unacceptable working conditions and a feeling of desperation. I suggest that it's you making the false claims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1