Thais working in Israel

gerrygoat

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

This particular report was about Thai workers in Israel, not Singapore or Canada. As you are nit-picking my post, I assume that you agree with the general thrust of my post.

You are defending  the BBC which put out a story that is factually incomplete and biased. The person you were criticizing claimed that the BBC report was biased and that the BBC has a history of biased reporting against Israel. There can be no denying of the anti Israel bias at the BBC because its own former Chairman says it existed and still exists and Nigel Goodrich laid out the case in explicit terms in his summary article of 18-Aug-2018 in the Times.

I provided some specifics as to why the report was biased. The data from Singapore and Canada demonstrate that the sudden deaths of  Thai workers is neither unusual nor unexpected.

You can salivate over the former Chairman providing a nice example of the inherent bias at the BBC.  It's pathetic that the BBC report left out important scientifically established facts when presenting this story.

https://twitter.com/SussexFriends/status/882684436755697665

• Sad 2

Just now, geriatrickid said:

You can salivate over the former Chairman providing a nice example of the inherent bias at the BBC.  It's pathetic that the BBC report left out important scientifically established facts when presenting this story.

555 Lord Grade, prominent British Jew and pro Zionist. Obviously, he doesn't like the BBC telling the truth about Israel either.

The truth will out no matter how much Zionists try to cover it up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Considering Israel, how it started and where it came from, and it's previous persecution over the centuries and especially what happened in the holocaust to it's people, one would think they would have a bit more empathy with migrant workers and their Arab neighbors..............

But it seems they have not learned lessons on persecution nor poor working practices and been a role model in the modern world.

Pity.

Shame.

But then i've not had much sympathy for them in the last 3 decades as a nation anyway.

Any sympathy and admiration i had had drained away by the end of the 70's.

As one can tell, a subject such as this gets all the Jew/Israel Luvvies in a tizz.

It seems like the Israel demonization agenda types are even more excited by this.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

The younger brother of my Thai ex worked at an Israeli kibbutz with fellow Thais for several years.  The owner helpfully saved the major portion of their salaries in a bank account 'to attract the best interest rate'.

When it about time for the Thais to collect their savings and go back to Thailand, (my BIL hoped to start his own small farm with his savings), the police suddenly arrived at the kibbutz and arrested all the Thai workers 'for visa infringements' (there were none).

After a brief spell in jail, all the Thai workers were taken to the airport and kicked out of the country .. er minus the major portion of 3 years of hard-earned salaries of course.

Ezzra and Jingthing - don't try to defend the indefensible.  This is a far-too-common situation for Thai workers in Israel.

Although people on Kibbutzes do not get paid , they are communes and you just get some pocket money every month , a few $'s a day for expense's

A number of posts have been removed.

Please keep it civil and refrain from personal attacks/remarks.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

The younger brother of my Thai ex worked at an Israeli kibbutz with fellow Thais for several years.  The owner helpfully saved the major portion of their salaries in a bank account 'to attract the best interest rate'.

When it about time for the Thais to collect their savings and go back to Thailand, (my BIL hoped to start his own small farm with his savings), the police suddenly arrived at the kibbutz and arrested all the Thai workers 'for visa infringements' (there were none).

After a brief spell in jail, all the Thai workers were taken to the airport and kicked out of the country .. er minus the major portion of 3 years of hard-earned salaries of course.

Ezzra and Jingthing - don't try to defend the indefensible.  This is a far-too-common situation for Thai workers in Israel.

My male cousin joined a kibbutz in the 1960s for 1 year. He said he had the time of his life, in-fact he described it as being similar to the full moon parties in Thailand, only they had to do agricultural work during the day. Everything laid on for free including some paid wages. My cousin enjoyed it so much that he returned again 2 years later to serve another year. On the second time he met a beautiful Norwegian girl, brought her back to London and they married. 

Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that the Israelis threw out the legitimate Thais from the kibbutz community for no reasons. My cousin told me the only reasons anyone would be thrown off a kibbutz if they were doing drugs, disruptive behaviours or for stealing. I`m calling bull on your story.

Edited by cyberfarang

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

Don't worry good friend. I don't want to defend the indefensible, so why would I try?

Also indefensible -- calling people out by name and accusing them of wanting to defend the indefensible before they've actually expressed any interest in doing so. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Your comment is  idiotic.

Your  claim of apartheid  has absolutely NOTHING to do with this   situation. Nothing. SUDS is a known condition  in Thais. The fact that you are ignorant of the genetic predisposition and willingly accept   incorrect biased claims demonstrates that you are simply looking for a reason to bash jew people and Israel.

Why not deal with the actual scientific facts? Is it because the truth deflates the opportunity to launch into the promotion of false claims? Farm workers everywhere have it rough. Lack of respect for labour rules is common in every country where there is migrant farm labour. It's the same in Sweden, Canada, Norway etc.  These countries have some very strict labour laws that protect migrant farm workers and yet similar complaints occur.  Thai farm workers collapse and die every day of the week. It's called SUDS. Educate yourself.

The programme advised that no autopsies were carried out on Thais working in Israel. Cause of death commonly described as unknown.

Also sad that the Thai Government does not seem to care too much either.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, champers said:

The programme advised that no autopsies were carried out on Thais working in Israel. Cause of death commonly described as unknown.

Also sad that the Thai Government does not seem to care too much either.

Is it not the same for us expats staying in Thailand that our governments couldn`t give a knat`s chuff what happens to us over here.

Israel is classified as a first world country but it`s not in the true sense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Is it not the same for us expats staying in Thailand that our governments couldn`t give a knat`s chuff what happens to us over here.

Israel is classified as a first world country but it`s not in the true sense.

First world country doesn't mean much. Take the USA. (Please.) Does a first world country have massively homelessness and a huge portion of the population without adequate access to health care? I'm only saying such labels have very little relevance. Israel is a very specific country in a very specific situation. It's not first world or tenth world -- it's Israel world. 

Edited by Jingthing

i has in israel church volunteer one year, and we go near gaza ewery month help thai plant or egg fartm worker, because farm owner NOT sure help thai workers anythink, thais live in tractor/truck garage hall backsidfe, not have rooms, washmachine,kitchen,shower,etc many not have food too longtime, and no can go to city has wery far and no can walk and not has car,chuech help lot move to city at car,buy food,buy clothes,if we has.thais lives all farm poorest than american nikker slaves before,.farm owner not like church come help,many place we need go fast out if farm owner come. thais need work alltime no manytime can sleep all night because owner want he go drive tractor to land, salary no have, money thais not see newer all contract time, minimum contract time has 5 year at slave and owner pay wery bad salary to thai bank. some thai worker can speak isreal and english has little foreman then salary has 100 000 $ all 5 year contract, not good. slave salary. thais has wery poor life and hard work and owner no help anythink no room,no food,no anythink. wery sad i see thats.and angry how today peoples can keep other peoples wery bad slave. sotty my english but ewery understand this basic engöish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

First world country doesn't mean much. Take the USA. (Please.) Does a first world country have massively homelessness and a huge portion of the population without adequate access to health care? I'm only saying such labels have very little relevance. Israel is a very specific country in a very specific situation. It's not first world or tenth world -- it's Israel world. 

Staying on the subject relevant to the topic of this thread, I have been told by Israelis that like Thailand foreigners have very few if any statutory rights in Israel. I have not heard of any employers in Israel being prosecuted for maltreatment of foreign workers. 

As you say; it`s Israel world that do seem to be law among themselves.

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:
Staying on the subject relevant to the topic of this thread, I have been told by Israelis that like Thailand foreigners have very few if any statutory rights in Israel. I have not heard of any employers in Israel being prosecuted for maltreatment of foreign workers. 

As you say; it`s Israel world that do seem to be law among themselves.

Each nation has its own laws. Israel is a nation. 

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Concerning my BIL and the kibbutz, he tells me that it wasn't a kibbutz, but a normal working farm.  He and his Thai co-workers worked for a reasonable salary (not beer money), but were 'shafted' by their Israeli employer when it was near the time to go home.  They worked hard, no drugs and no drinking (my BIL doesn't drink..)

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2018 at 7:04 AM, simon43 said:

Concerning my BIL and the kibbutz, he tells me that it wasn't a kibbutz, but a normal working farm.  He and his Thai co-workers worked for a reasonable salary (not beer money), but were 'shafted' by their Israeli employer when it was near the time to go home.  They worked hard, no drugs and no drinking (my BIL doesn't drink..)

First it was a kibbutz and then changed to a farm worker after I called you out of this.  RightyO I`ll believe you.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:26 PM, finnishmen said:

salary has 100 000 $ all 5 year contract

I couldn't understand most of your post since your English is pretty broken, but $20K/year is an awesome salary for Thais. ~55K baht a month. I wouldn't dare call it a "slave salary" (reminder: slaves did not have salaries).

Edited by moana

On 11/26/2018 at 7:04 AM, simon43 said:

This happens all over the World though  and it was rather stupid of your BiL to allow his boss to keep all his salary for a few years

We have a few cousins that have been working on an Israeli farm for a couple of years. They are very happy, getting paid much more than they could ever make in Thailand.

They also get a trip back to Thailand once or twice a year.

They have made enough money to buy their own tractors, trucks and other things back in Thailand.

I suppose it all really depends on who you are working for?

When we Skype them, they appear to be happy and having a good time.

Only complaint is they miss their families.

On a side note, my brother in law and his wife have made a couple of trips from Issan to Sweden to Pick berries.

Interesting to note, they go to Sweden on a tourist visa???????

Not sure who arranges this from Thailand, but they go every year.

This last trip they came back with enough to buy a pickup truck.

• Like 2

We have a few cousins that have been working on an Israeli farm for a couple of years. They are very happy, getting paid much more than they could ever make in Thailand.

They have made enough money to buy their own tractors, trucks and other things back in Thailand.

On a side note, my brother in law and his wife have made a couple of trips from Issan to Sweden to Pick berries.

Your post makes sense. It seems obvious that there would be good employers and bad employers. In most any country. However it's good for the abuses that happen to be exposed in the press because maybe that will persuade the governments involved to try harder to prevent the abusive situations.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

I liked this post – Thank you.

I read these boards and sometimes I Pity those who don't understand, who can't or won't see the "story within the story". This post (FOR ME) teaches us that our own attitudes, prejudices, opinions, values, etc, are what determine our view(s) of the life, of others. These are things we carry with us - simply changing one's location ultimately changes little, as these boards so often "teach".

Israel Like all nations has it's share of good and bad. Like ALL they should not be immune to being called out on "issues" - healthy debate is constructive - your own prejudice is not.

My example: I personally love Chinese people, but, I am of, - what "used" to be described in anthropology - of Caucasian decent. The Chinese dynamic in young adults is something that works best with "compassion and understanding". Social skills are difficult with the “only one child per family”. I found they created "brothers and sisters" from extended family AND close friends, plus MUCH more.

Far too many dynamics to extrapolate here..

A few of you will find a way to set aside prejudice and preconception against all members of our species – a wonderful, colourful world awaits those that succeed – it does not fix the issues, healthy debate is best for that.

• Like 1

This happens all over the World though  and it was rather stupid of your BiL to allow his boss to keep all his salary for a few years

As you say, it happens all over the world.  Naivity, not stupidity, and trust in one's fellow man.  Pity there are so many sh*ts in the world....