Thailand moves one step closer to legal marijuana

rooster59

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Yeah, just like beer makes one want to mainline whisky and vodka. it's an old, tired argument. I know people who smoke and have no interest in ice, heroin or cocaine.  Just because it affected you adversely doesn't mean it does to others. Time to change the record.

Didn't I state "its potential as a "gateway drug""? Partaking a wee bit of whatever is your favorite?

19 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Research has shown that road users who have consumed marijuana alone, are extremely cautious drivers. Marijuana consumed with alcohol is a different story.

Maybe "cautious" because they're scared skinny about getting pulled over and charged with impaired.

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

Glad to see they’re testing the weed but it would be better for the entire country to start testing the fruits, vegetables, meats and water.

Are you saying that they don't?

Thailand exports huge amounts of fruit and meat products to the UK, do

you think these would be allowed to enter the EU untested?

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

And that's assuming the pure plant is not in itself harmful. Not to mention its potential as a "gateway drug".

I know in my case that it was psychologically harmful and certainly would have affected my ability to produce software under stringent quality standards within difficult deadlines and even stay employed or even desire to stay employed. I know from my experience as a veteran software developer and team leader in Silicon Valley that stoned people cannot produce complex software, no matter how intelligent they are.

In my experience and life, alcohol was the gateway drug according to such theories. I started drinking with friends on Friday at age 14, and then came weed, so should we ban alcohol because it's a gateway drug? 
Smoking anything is harmful for you, but the benefits of cannabis do not need to go through the combustion avenue. 
Paracetomol damages the liver, morphine is essentially heroin, and nitros dioxide is given to people at the dentists, should we remove all of said medicines because they can be abused?

Out of everything listed in this comment, cannabis is still proven to be the safest for consumption 

5 minutes ago, car720 said:

but every article that I read points to the fact that there is no high attached.  So what is the point.

What are you even talking about lol? CBD offers no 'high' - but medical cannabis that contains THC can get you very high indeed. It depends if you want to get a high, get medicated, or get both. 

2 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

What are you even talking about lol? CBD offers no 'high' - but medical cannabis that contains THC can get you very high indeed. It depends if you want to get a high, get medicated, or get both. 

What I am reading is that they will not be allowed to sell with THC.

What I am reading is that they will not be allowed to sell with THC.
And for that I think they don't have the knowledge nor the right varieties.
And even they contain a small amount of THC.
Further, the latest research has shown that the interactions between different cannabinoids in the human body are very complex and that only one single cannabinoid has a lower effect than in combination.
That's why single synthetic cannabinoids are not of much use.
Just compare it to human food.
You could eat carbs, protein and fat plus multivitamin supplement but still not the same as a balanced diet of real food.

5 hours ago, car720 said:

Why do they always show pictures of smokable reefer when they are talking about medicinal grass.  The end product will be something weirdly different.

... so wrong dude. In the US states that have prescription you are able to have pure green to roll via prescription in the US. 

Are you saying that they don't?
Thailand exports huge amounts of fruit and meat products to the UK, do
you think these would be allowed to enter the EU untested?
Correct, I know from first hand that foods for export produced in Thailand needs to comply with heavy regulations and companies need to be certified for this. Believe it or not, Thai authorities are very very strict about this.

39 minutes ago, CLW said:

And for that I think they don't have the knowledge nor the right varieties.
And even they contain a small amount of THC.
Further, the latest research has shown that the interactions between different cannabinoids in the human body are very complex and that only one single cannabinoid has a lower effect than in combination.
That's why single synthetic cannabinoids are not of much use.
Just compare it to human food.
You could eat carbs, protein and fat plus multivitamin supplement but still not the same as a balanced diet of real food.

There are many cannabinoid receptors in our brains, which is interesting if you think about it. Our brains have evolved with this plant. But yes it's a complex system alrite, but you can get full spectrum CBD products, and I wouldn't suggest getting anything else 

4 hours ago, neeray said:

Safe ....... At the risk of a moderator accusing me of derailing a topic (I am not), are you aware of the massive advisory going on at this time in North America regarding romaine lettuce, E. coli bacteria?

It is advised not to buy, not to sell, dispose of if on hand, do not eat, do not order in restaurants.

And right at American Thanksgiving time.

Yeah, what's your point exactly?

Nothing is 100% safe. I'm just worried about the situation here with usually zero accountability, vast corruption. I'm sure it's even worse in other countries but I live in Thailand now and I'm worried about the food here. I'm not trying to compare with other countries.

7 hours ago, neeray said:

You think Thai driving is bad now !!!

I will rather see stoned people behind the weel then drunk, I will rather be in a street with stoned ones, drunks are causing problems, not all but many.

why are you bringing in their driving behavior to this topic ??  This is about legalization for medical use...

10 hours ago, 3stan said:

i cant believe they just were thinking of using the old dirty and nasty confiscated weed that probably just sat somewhere for months or more and use it for medical MJ. Anything medicinal needs to be grown under professional care. Just trying to cut corners and make a quick buck i suppose...

They probably smoked all of it already. For research purposes that is.

8 hours ago, neeray said:

"Black market". Who said "black market"? Here are your own words "Canada legalised it last month". So why bring up black market? Let's stay on topic.

I will try and explain it to you as you may be confused. Legalization doesn’t end the black market. If the government can’t meet demand, the market that has existed for the last 60 years certainly can.

To see the effects of legalization, we don’t have to wait for government supply to meet demand as you suggested, as abundant supply has been available for many years.

I believe that I stayed on topic and you misunderstood my comment.

Archived