Thailand moves one step closer to legal marijuana

rooster59

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering, why does the current government, which has problems with promiscuous dressing at Song Kran, bars opened late, Walking Street, sexy girls used in advertising, etc etc, have a seemingly strong desire to legalize marijuana? It seems that the current policy of having it technically illegal, but readily available to those who want it, is much more in line with their way of doing things.

And then it hit me. With Canada, many parts of the US and Western world legalizing it, Thailand wants to be a major exporter of the stuff. Huge bu$ine$$ opportunity here. The Generals are woke.

6 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:
8 hours ago, shy coconut said:
Are you saying that they don't?
Thailand exports huge amounts of fruit and meat products to the UK, do
you think these would be allowed to enter the EU untested?

Correct, I know from first hand that foods for export produced in Thailand needs to comply with heavy regulations and companies need to be certified for this. Believe it or not, Thai authorities are very very strict about this.

And the local food supply? The supply I was referring to? Ever see any testing done between farms and markets? 

And the local food supply? The supply I was referring to? Ever see any testing done between farms and markets? 
Between farms and markets directly I guess not much regulation there. Food fabrics do have regulations for the internal market. Maybe not as strict as export, but I'll inform myself about it. ;-)

12 hours ago, car720 said:

Why do they always show pictures of smokable reefer when they are talking about medicinal grass.  The end product will be something weirdly different.

Probably because most people recognise it.  Would you recognise cannabis oil or a pill? Those are the two forms that are likley to be used for medicinal purposes.

14 hours ago, neeray said:

You think Thai driving is bad now !!!

You make two faulty assumptions.

1. Legalization increases use. False. People smoke weed all the time, doesn't matter if it's legal or not. It's available everywhere already.

2. Stoners drive bad. False. They actually drive more careful in general, this offsets the few that doesn't. Look at Colorado or other states in the us where it has been legalized and the number of accidents didn't go up.

1 hour ago, ftpjtm said:

I've been wondering, why does the current government, which has problems with promiscuous dressing at Song Kran, bars opened late, Walking Street, sexy girls used in advertising, etc etc, have a seemingly strong desire to legalize marijuana? It seems that the current policy of having it technically illegal, but readily available to those who want it, is much more in line with their way of doing things.

And then it hit me. With Canada, many parts of the US and Western world legalizing it, Thailand wants to be a major exporter of the stuff. Huge bu$ine$$ opportunity here. The Generals are woke.

Yes, and if they realize the tourism they would get if they legalized it for recreational use ....

I just want to smoke. Please government speed it up. My back hurts. My mind is a seething cauldron of reality. I want to enjoy a pizza. It helps me edit my photos and vids, although frequently I will spend hours on just one cropping it down to its last pixel (wow, nice pixel dude, yeah dude, hey stick a slice in the nuker and get me a Dew. And dont leave the slice in there for 20 minutes you dumbass stoner, right on dude, but remember when it came out you started playing triangular pizza frisbee, hahahahah, wheres the bong).

I think Ill go to Phnom Phen

18 hours ago, mindfulness said:

... so wrong dude. In the US states that have prescription you are able to have pure green to roll via prescription in the US. 

In the US dude.  Please remember though that the US is not the centre of the world.  Not all countries that are legalizing are doing it that way.

On 11/24/2018 at 9:34 AM, car720 said:

Why do they always show pictures of smokable reefer when they are talking about medicinal grass.  The end product will be something weirdly different.

Yes. My thought, too.
I have no interest in getting "high" at this stage of my life.
I just want higher levels of pain to go away, and would be happy if the brain repair reports are true, and several other reported benefits.
I am thinking about the sudden unavailability of Tramadol. This has been a very good medicine for me for years. My Doc prescribed it 120 50 mg. tabs at a clip. That allowed for the prescribed dose, one every six hours, for a month. I never got "desensitized", or whatever the correct term should be, because I did not take it if not needed. Sometimes a little ibuprofen would do. It is such good medicine that I was careful to maintain its effectiveness by taking a periodic break.
Because of some useless members of society deliberately misusing it, the typical government response is to make it difficult, if not impossible, for the folks who use it responsibly and medically correctly to get it anymore.
When pushed, the doctors at hospital prescribe ten tabs, and say "Okay, come back in ninety days". !!!!

Why do they have to do tests at all?
Many countries (with more sophisticated testing methods) have done comprehensive tests and published their results.
Do the Thais think they can do it better? Or just too arrogant to accept others findings?
What tests are you referring to?

Archived