Two monks injured in brawl after drinking session

rooster59

Two monks injured in brawl after drinking session

By The Nation

Two monks were injured in a brawl and subsequent knife fight after they drank together at their temple in Ang Thong's Pa Mok district late on Friday night.

Pa Mok police were alerted to the incident at Wat Amphawan in Moo 1 village in Tambon Pa Mok of Pa Mok district at 11pm.

When police arrived at the scene, they found Phra Wannop Roengjai, 52, soaked in blood. He suffered cuts to his head, back, arms and chin. Medics performed first aid and took him to the district hospital.

Phra Wannop told police that he drank with Phra Chuchart Boonloh, 43, and they engaged in a dispute before Phra Chuchart attacked him.

Phra Wannop said he seized the knife and threw it away.

After Phra Wannop was sent to the hospital, Phra Chuchart, who had a big cut on his chest, said Phra Wannop attacked him with the knife first so he seized the knife and hit him back with the knife.

Phra Chuchart was also sent to the hospital.

Police will wait for them to recover before asking the abbot to defrock both of them so that they would face legal charges.

Drunken Knife Brawl Between Monks Leaves Both Bloodied

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

10_h7qjAnt-696x456.jpg

Rescue workers apply first aid to Phra Chuchart Boonloh.

ANG THONG — Two monks were sent to hospital after an alcohol-fueled knife fight broke out late Friday night, police said.

Phra Wannop Roengjai, 52, and Phra Chuchart Boonloh, 43, both suffered knife wounds from the altercation between them at Wat Amphawan in Ang Thong province.

According to police, Phra Chuchart said he and his senior monk were drinking liquor together inside temple grounds Friday when he complained to Wannop for not allowing monks to accept invitations to perform ceremonies outside the temple.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/11/24/drunken-knife-brawl-between-monks-leaves-both-bloodied/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-24

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

when he complained to Wannop for not allowing monks to accept invitations to perform ceremonies outside the temple.

Drink plus not allowing him to go out and earn money,maybe

for more alcohol,that would make him angry.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, connda said:

"Two Ex-monks injured in brawl after drinking session."

Sugar harvest started.

Helpers wanted!

Swing the machete instead of hanging around in the temple.

Just too many wasters/lazybones without the slightest idea of Buddhism in the temples.

Many just flee wife/kids, prosecution.

They come for drug/alcohol rehab which obviously didn't work in this case.

(for one elderly guy in the neighborhood it worked, coming back sober after about two years in the temple)

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Any credibility monks have must be dwindling on a daily basis for anyone reading the news.

You'd think before joining the monkhood, they would at least learn the 5 precepts of Buddhism even if the general populace don't follow them!

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The tatoos suggests that he's been a convict before he joined the 'monkhood'. 

Many of these creatures are ex criminals and totally unemployable - A lot of the younger generation Thais understand this but are usually prevented from discussing this as it is an extremely sensitive subject, especially for the older generation. Just picture it, those entrusted for years to take care of your spiritual wellbeing, your scendence to the next world, those that you have donated cash to and listened to and believed for all these years then turn out to be nothing more than workshy, lazy, drunken ex criminal perverts, not fit to tread this earth. I imagine it causes a bit of soul searching.

3 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Many of these creatures are ex criminals and totally unemployable - A lot of the younger generation Thais understand this but are usually prevented from discussing this as it is an extremely sensitive subject, especially for the older generation. Just picture it, those entrusted for years to take care of your spiritual wellbeing, your scendence to the next world, those that you have donated cash to and listened to and believed for all these years then turn out to be nothing more than workshy, lazy, drunken ex criminal perverts, not fit to tread this earth. I imagine it causes a bit of soul searching.

These monks are a disgrace to the Buddhist community. I don’t think they are practicing Buddhism . Just two clueless monks. 

I am a practicing Buddhist and I revere Buddha and his teachings. Go to temples ,made  merits , ... however I always have my reservations towards the monks in the temples. I don’t know their integrity and spiritual practice so my reverence is solely to the Buddha image. 

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

What an disaster, and people keep giving money and food to the Bludgers ,,, Get of your ass and get a job,,, 

Buddhism and all other religions, nothing more than brainwashing crap for money and power.

People give food to make merit. They are not giving it to the monks per se. Just the motion of giving to charity. Buddhism insist upon oneself to make spiritual advancement and not counting on others to help out. You cultivate your spiritual self and you reap the rewards yourself no others. ...

It is sad in Thailand that abbots of the temples did not vet the candidates who wanted to enter monk hood. Whether they have the sincerity to pursue spirituality. In certain countries, monk hood is highly regarded and candidates must have the inner strength and calling to make it. At least here in Thailand, there are merits  in numbers.. some of the monks evidently make good as there are 23 monks of eminent repute.

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The tatoos suggests that he's been a convict before he joined the 'monkhood'. 

No, The tattoos indicate he had another life before joining the monk-hood !!

He could as well have been a convict but the tattoos don't indicate that.

Regards.

Archived