Non-Alcoholic Beer in Ubon

Patriot

10 hours ago, elliss said:

Old Papa  told me , never trust a man , who doesn't  drink .

Never tried it myself , good luck .

Doctor’s orders, Elliss, believe me it’s horrible. Apparently my liver makes George Best’s look as smooth as a baby’s bum

On 12/1/2018 at 8:34 PM, BlueScouse said:

Saw something in Tops today. Erdlinger beer for 129 baht for a small bottle.

Thanks again, Picked up some Erdinger and Paulaner n/a beer from Tops yesterday as well as a couple of others, so it’s a non-alcoholic beer tasting session this afternoon ..... can’t wait. 

Also bumped into “Sandgroper” Mike; so yesterday was a good day !

45 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Thanks again, Picked up some Erdinger and Paulaner n/a beer from Tops yesterday as well as a couple of others, so it’s a non-alcoholic beer tasting session this afternoon ..... can’t wait. 

Please post the results of your testing session.

The low/non alcohol beers I've tried in the past have been pretty rank to be honest. But if it looks, smells and tastes like beer without being stupidly expensive, I'm in.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

The low/non alcohol beers I've tried in the past have been pretty rank to be honest. But if it looks, smells and tastes like beer without being stupidly expensive, I'm in.

That is one thing I can not wrap my head around. The imported n/a beers cost just as much as imported regular imported beers...doesn't make any sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, Crossy said:

A nicely chilled Erdinger or Clausthaler are pretty pleasant. 

But Oettinger is, as Starky alluded, just like soda water

I discovered n/a. beer last summer in Canada,by the end of our 3 month stay the whole fam. was swilling the stuff!....I can finally drink AND drive!! yipee...

Apparently there is a demand for it,many brands now including Heineken have a non-alco. foot in the market.

The best Ive tasted is a Dutch brand called Grolsch,tall boys for less than 50b.

The thing about this beer is the massive calorie reduction(70%), I like the taste of beer but can do without the heavy bloated feeling and the dull meat'n potato buzz that tends to slow the gears.

There is a BKK-based website: wishbeer.com  they have a huge selection of every kind of swill and will do free-home delivery anywhere in Thailand with purchases over 2,000b. I buy El Jimador Tequila from them for a reasonable price. They have non.alco beer but like so much import booze in Thailand is at a premium price.

Unfortunately I have not found a source for the n/a.beer here yet, but have taken a liking to the line of new Thai "craft-beers" such as Snowy & Kopper at 4.5% alco. I can live with that since Im not under doctor's orders.

Archived