Second summons issued for businessman accused of slapping waiter's face

rooster59

Second summons issued for businessman accused of slapping waiter's face

By The Nation

Ayutthaya police on Saturday issued a second summons for a Nakhon Ratchasima businessman after he allegedly slapped a ladyboy waiter in the face for prohibiting him from smoking in a hotel restaurant.

The second summons has been issued for Surasee Haengsisuwan, director of the Nava Nakhon Sung None Industrial Estate in Nakhon Ratchasima, Pol Col Sa-nga Thirasriyanon, deputy Ayutthaya police chief, said.

Sa-nga said the first summon was issued on Wednesday but Surasee ignored the order.

The second summon requires Surasee to meet police no later than November 29 or face an arrest warrant.

The ladyboy, Panita Kachaprapha, 25, alleged that Surasee slapped his face after he told the businessman that it was illegal to smoke in the hotel's restaurant.

Panita said the attack happened at 7pm on November 6 when Surasee and 10 other people were dining at the restaurant.

Panita said he filed a complaint with Ayutthaya police but no progress was made so he posted a video clip on Facebook of Surasee hitting her.

After the clip was posted, support poured in for the ladyboy. A celebrity lawyer, Atchariya Ruangratanapong, offered to help her fight the case.

After the clip made headlines, the first summons was issued for the businessman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359228

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-25

Although many ladyboys of the Pattaya clan are more than deserved of a reprimands for their behaviour, this guy however isn't for just doing his job, did he businessman slapped because a ladyboy dared to tell him what to do, or just feeling macho and disliking ladyboys in general..

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Panita said he filed a complaint with Ayutthaya police but no progress was made so he posted a video clip on Facebook of Surasee hitting her.

After the clip was posted, support poured in for the ladyboy. A celebrity lawyer, Atchariya Ruangratanapong, offered to help her fight the case

Aside from the complainant changing gender in mid-sentence, I see the police only got off their backsides when the details were posted on social media.

It does seem some of the local population have realised how the police and other bureaucracy work: bad publicity forces them from inaction in to action.

21 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Aside from the complainant changing gender in mid-sentence,

Very observant! I did not notice that in the beginning of the sentence the subject was referred to as "He"  and by the end referred to as "she". Perhaps by that time the hormones had kicked in. LOL

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

After the clip was posted, support poured in for the ladyboy.

A word of caution to anyone searching for this clip online....

If you're around your family, or with kids, best not to look for "ladyboy slapper smoking thai businessman".

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The second summons has been issued for Surasee Haengsisuwan, director of the Nava Nakhon Sung None Industrial Estate in Nakhon Ratchasima, Pol Col Sa-nga Thirasriyanon, deputy Ayutthaya police chief, said.

The rich, wealthy, and connected are issued 'summons' - "Please come to us."
Everyone else the cops track down and arrest.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Aside from the complainant changing gender in mid-sentence, I see the police only got off their backsides when the details were posted on social media.

It does seem some of the local population have realised how the police and other bureaucracy work: bad publicity forces them from inaction in to action.

I tend to rail about social injustices even at home.  Mrs. Connda keeps pointing out to me that the new model in Thailand is that when rich, wealthy, connected scum commit unconscionably acts and crimes that used to be pushed under the rug by cops, leaders, and 'the authorities' (i.e., these jerks peers), social networking is now outing these vile, arrogant, narcissistic elitist low-lifes.  Submit a police report and nothing happens; post it on Facebook and half the country becomes enraged.

Example: remember Piset Nakapan, the 52-year-old assistant to NACC secretary-general Worawit Sukbun who pulled a gun on a cabbie who honked at him at Chang Wattana in Bangkok.  In the English speaking Thai press this had gone down the memory hole; Thai social media refuse to let it go.  As such, this guy has been fired from his job and is still facing pending criminal charges.  I point out to Mrs. Connda that nothing has happened in the justice system yet.  She tells me that it's still hitting Thai TV news and that it ain't over.  So in a corrupt world where there is a well-establish dual system of justice where the elites routinely escape prosecution, know that the Thai public are keeping the issues alive on social media and that they don't conveniently get flushed down the memory hole.  And interestingly enough, at least one English speaking Thai news outlet picked up the story a couple of days ago as it surfaced that Thai prosecutors are now seeking more severe charges against Mr. Piset.  Prosecutors are planning to charge Mr. Piset with a crime that carries a penalty of five years in jail and/or a fine of 100,000 baht as opposed to one month in jail and/or a 20,000 baht fine. 

One a side note, it's interesting that writing graffiti on Thapea Gate wall will get you a harsher penalty in Thailand than will carrying an firearm illegally and threatening to use it on someone. 
Carry a firearm illegally and assault someone with it: 5 years in jail and/or a fine of 100,000 baht
Spray paint the letter 'B' on Thapae Gate wall: 10 years in jail and/or a fine of 1,000,000 baht

I wonder of the Thai social media crowd will ever pick up on that particular paradox?  Penalties that fit the crime.  Well, at least they aren't letting the wealthy walk away any longer without a fight.  That's positive changes.  Guess they have to walk before they run.

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

because a ladyboy dared to tell him what to do, or just feeling macho and disliking ladyboys in general..

Saw the video on news last night. The person probably thinks

he controls everyone 

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

Although many ladyboys of the Pattaya clan are more than deserved of a reprimands for their behaviour, this guy however isn't for just doing his job, did he businessman slapped because a ladyboy dared to tell him what to do, or just feeling macho and disliking ladyboys in general..

Serving staff in Thailand and asean countries are considered the lower rung of society . Being a lady boy didn’t help matters. Worst was the loss of big face infront of his large group of friends. Thailand is a patriarchal society... 

17 hours ago, YetAnother said:

prevailing attitude amongst locals here; laws ? they don't apply to me !

The guy must be assuming that firstly, the ladyboy had to make a police report ( with permission of the restaurant management.?) 

secondly, the police had to take action ( issue and serve the summon) if the complaint warrant it.

but he never reckon on the social media to highlight the issue.

Archived