mother of thai girlfriend

Jame1982

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her mother, her problem, not yours (I assume her mother is asking this of her, not you).

Unless she is very pointedly relaying these conversations (as a hint), in which case you do have a problem, but it's not with the mother.

46 minutes ago, Jame1982 said:

I was thinking of staying with girlfriend who stay with her mother from January . this kind of incidents confuse me if this is a good idea to stay with her .  she is 22   I am 52 . mother in law 60 . 

Avoid anything to do with mom.

Get a nice condo about 300Km away from where mom lives.

1 hour ago, Jame1982 said:

I was thinking of staying with girlfriend who stay with her mother from January . this kind of incidents confuse me if this is a good idea to stay with her .  she is 22   I am 52 . mother in law 60 . 

Must be a dream come through for the girlfriend to live with a guy almost 2.5 times her age.

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Must be a dream come through for the girlfriend to live with a guy almost 2.5 times her age.

Plenty of happy couples out there.  Fortunately they don't to answer to you.

My MIL finds me attractive and my wife gets quite embarrassed about it.  We've been together for years.  Takes all sorts and nothing to get excited about.

We all get along fine.

39 minutes ago, Horace Lamb said:

Plenty of happy couples out there.  Fortunately they don't to answer to you.

My MIL finds me attractive and my wife gets quite embarrassed about it.  We've been together for years.  Takes all sorts and nothing to get excited about.

We all get along fine.

MIL have never mentioned if she finds me attractive - it’d be bit weird... she’s about 30years older than I (Wife 3yrs younger)....

Money has never come up... funny that.

I guess mutually respectful relationships are not borne of financial need (from one party)...  the huge age difference does lend itself to the generalisation of younger girl with older guy for financial security...

Nothing wrong with that if both are truly happy - but we see so many guys pulling the wool over their own eyes all too often... especially when money rears it’s ugly head... 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

but we see so many guys pulling the wool over their own eyes all too often... especially when money rears it’s ugly head...  

Money talks as in all cultures.  Nothing new and hardly worth mentioning.  Man provides and wife looks after the household duties.  This isn't earth shattering news. 

14 minutes ago, Horace Lamb said:

Money talks as in all cultures.  Nothing new and hardly worth mentioning.  Man provides and wife looks after the household duties.  This isn't earth shattering news. 

That was how it was in the 1950's , these days , woman work as well .

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That was how it was in the 1950's , these days , woman work as well .

Depends in the status of the husband and the ability of the wife.  My ex told me she was too beautiful to work and she divorced me and found and married a wealthy guy who wanted her to stay home and look beautiful. 

Forget about the mother's comment. Ask the mother why money = love? Can there be love without money?

Just keep your sweetheart happy. Thai boyfriends don't give money to their Thai girlfriends, so there is no reason for a foreign boyfriend to give his Thai GF money.

Does your GF live with you? Where is your GF and where is her mother?

8 hours ago, Horace Lamb said:

Can there be lasting love the world over without the stability that finances provide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying folk fall in love after inspecting each others bank balance..?  ????

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you saying folk fall in love after inspecting each others bank balance..?  ????

Looks like it. And why not? In these third world countries it is common for a lady to inspect her potential husband's wealth. "How many goats you have teelak?" "You can give mom and poppa a little gold?" "You can buy sister a buffalo?" "Lady, in next village has land; hot sale. You can buy for us please? Good for future."

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Looks like it. And why not? In these third world countries it is common for a lady to inspect her potential husband's wealth. "How many goats you have teelak?" "You can give mom and poppa a little gold?" "You can buy sister a buffalo?" "Lady, in next village has land; hot sale. You can buy for us please? Good for future."

Are you saying the bloke I was replying too is a goat herder...????

9 hours ago, Horace Lamb said:

Can there be lasting love the world over without the stability that finances provide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, money has nothing to do with love. Life is a lot better with money and money is there for some people to forget about the nasty things in a relationship. .

12 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Did your thai wife marry you because of your pleasant personality ?

My wife went to Pattaya, in the first place, to work as a cashier. I met her outside a bar in Soi Diana, just waiting for a friend. Told me she was only interested in a loving future. Not interested in money at all. In fact she bought me a pair of nail clippers.

She didn't want an Arnie look-a-like. No, no no!! Just wanted a man with big heart. Didn't care for physical attributes. We got married 11 years ago.

Last month, every time we passed in the house, she would whisper "Blat Plitt"". I was quite flattered. A couple of days ago the man 'imself was on Thai Tele. "Teerak"; I called, "look who is on TeeVee?" She came over and watched, but looked bemused. "What you talk about, stupid man." "Brad Pitt, the guy you say I look like is in the flim." "I not call you Blat Plitt, I call you fat pig."

1 hour ago, transam said:

No, but I daresay most people want to know someone is good with finances.  I wouldn't bother with a guy with a ton of gambling debt, who couldn't hold a job, who would expect me to support him, etc.  Financial irresponsibility and/or lack of financial independence is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.  I wouldn't inspect a guy's bank account, and I don't give a crap how much he makes, but I'd certainly want to know he can and does pay his bills, and I'm sure he would want to know the same about me-- I would expect him to.

4 hours ago, Katia said:

No, but I daresay most people want to know someone is good with finances.  I wouldn't bother with a guy with a ton of gambling debt, who couldn't hold a job, who would expect me to support him, etc.  Financial irresponsibility and/or lack of financial independence is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.  I wouldn't inspect a guy's bank account, and I don't give a crap how much he makes, but I'd certainly want to know he can and does pay his bills, and I'm sure he would want to know the same about me-- I would expect him to.

Sorry but I am one of those who does not put a "price" on Love..????

8 hours ago, transam said:

Sorry but I am one of those who does not put a "price" on Love..????

I don't either, but I want someone who wants me as a partner, not a mommy; I want a mature adult relationship, not the dependence of somebody needy.  I've learned from mistakes of too many friends who ended up stuck supporting another grown-ass adult... nope.  I pay my own bills, can stand on my own two feet, and don't expect a man to support me, and I don't think it's out of line to ask the same from him.  If he works at McDonald's, fine.  If he's head surgeon at the Mayo Clinic or CEO of a big company, fine.  As long as he's responsible, I don't care.  THAT is what not putting a price on love is, not falling as a sucker for everyone out there who will suck you dry.

Archived