Aussie tourist robbed at gunpoint after dumped by Phuket taxi driver

webfact

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Olmate said:

And no mafia in Phuket, sound familiar?

I blame the Aussie tourists lies . He lead me to believe that there is organized crime and that the taxi guys are involved in it. That's why defamation is illegal because it makes common folks like myself get the wrong impression.

Now that I know he lied I also know that there is no mafia on Phuket . Thank Buddha.

6 hours ago, hobz said:

I blame the Aussie tourists lies . He lead me to believe that there is organized crime and that the taxi guys are involved in it. That's why defamation is illegal because it makes common folks like myself get the wrong impression.

Now that I know he lied I also know that there is no mafia on Phuket . Thank Buddha.

No so convincing attempt at an apology,guess that’s the best you got!

21 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:
22 hours ago, balo said:

19 years old , what are you doing in Thailand , is it really that bad in Aussie land ? 

A tourist,

T-O-U-R-I-S-T.

Obviously things are really good in OZ if you can afford to visit Expatria at his age-even with somewhat less than a full rig out.

But..does he have a boogie board?????

Someone said they had previously spotted him in Bangla with a bunch of fellow idiots.

Probably an end of season footy trip. Used to be hundreds of them a few years back.

For me the curious thing about this is that he is staying in a hotel near the airport.

These young pissheads normally flock to Patong.  Lucky for him I suppose, I'm fairly sure the Patong coppers wouldn't have let him walk with no charge.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Someone said they had previously spotted him in Bangla with a bunch of fellow idiots.

Probably an end of season footy trip. Used to be hundreds of them a few years back.

For me the curious thing about this is that he is staying in a hotel near the airport.

These young pissheads normally flock to Patong.  Lucky for him I suppose, I'm fairly sure the Patong coppers wouldn't have let him walk with no charge.

Correct, not like those here that wanted him in the slammer and blackbanned. Very understanding of them, never put a foot wrong and no doubt never will!

And Patong police are very understanding from what I’ve heard,bit similar to police in Innisfail! 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, zyphodb said:

Ha, TV is incredible, here you have an Auzzie robbed at gunpoint by a scumbag taxi driver & his mates, & all the TV wags can do is moan about him not having a shirt on...

Words fail me ???? 

yes true worry about no shirt but its ok he lost his money 

more important no shirt nothing more 

On 11/26/2018 at 5:13 PM, GTgrizzly said:

You dot get much change out of that for a GOOD night out

Sounds like a lot with the big figure, but really only $400.00 Auss les is USD

I guess I was right. He lied about the incident happening. He just didn't look like someone who would carry 10K.

On 11/26/2018 at 11:11 AM, Argus Tuft said:

..but what?

10,000 is the minimum I draw out from the ATM here. Pain in the assh0les to go back more often to draw smaller amounts

And I imagine a young Aussie tourist on holidays and about to have a big night out could easily blow through 10k baht

Well, he admitted he lied.  You have a great name BTW.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, Olmate said:

No so convincing attempt at an apology,guess that’s the best you got!

It wasn't an attempt to apologise. The taxi mafia deserves their reputation even if they didn't commit this particular crime.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, Alanmel said:

If you actually read the article you will see most of the "wealth" is in superannuation  (which cannot be accesed before around 60[at a very high tax rate] or currently at 65 1/2 raising to 67 in the coming years.  Or Real Assets and resources which again are taxed very heavily upon cashing. And living expenses are crazy, if you don't live in a share house around 1/3 of your wage goes to rent/electricity/ etc.

A third of your wage going on electricity, rent etc sounds fairly reasonable to me.

The problem with Aussies is they want everything free, or the government to pay for it.

A third of your wage going on electricity, rent etc sounds fairly reasonable to me.

The problem with Aussies is they want everything free, or the government to pay for it.

That’s not the Aussies main problem!!Its people making ridiculous posts !

Archived