Aussie tourist robbed at gunpoint after dumped by Phuket taxi driver

webfact

A 19yr.- old (whatever nationality) surely does not have thb 10k plus an Iphone on him at 3 a:m in the morning just returning to his bunks from lust & sin Phuket downtown. He possibly spent all, was broke and needs a financial boost now - insurance claim (Thai government helps?)

the shirt can be picked up in Patong - a girl called Ting (or Daeng or Moo) keeps it for him

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Mr White reported the incident to police at Phuket airport, who took him to Sakoo Police Station who took him to Thalang Police......sheesh, talk about pass the buck!

Thats maybe how they worked out he was telling lies, when the story changed from police station to police station.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

My sister lives in QL. Her husband said he was taking her to a dressing down party, considering the lack of fashion consciousness and the usual sloppy casual attire that everyone seemed to wear in her area she asked how that was even possible.

It means .........no thongs allowed.............barefoot only.  :cheesy:

6 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Ha, TV is incredible, here you have an Auzzie robbed at gunpoint by a scumbag taxi driver & his mates, & all the TV wags can do is moan about him not having a shirt on...

Words fail me ???? 

Dead right. How dare they. Especially when he is in Aussie national dress. Seriously not funny is it. Especially when guns are involved. 

2 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Dead right. How dare they. Especially when he is in Aussie national dress. Seriously not funny is it. Especially when guns are involved. 

Maybe you haven't read the update, there were no guns or a robbery, the guy made it all up.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Lets' just say if I did nothing for then next 43 years I could survive a very comfortable life here in Thailand.

That said, I won't toss you, not a gambling man, although do invest heavily in the ASX which makes the tax free returns here worth living here.

Good luck to you, 5 is better than 4, but I like to keep my feet on the ground, to remind me where I came from as opposed to beating my chest.....lol

'although do invest heavily in the ASX which makes the tax free returns here worth living here.'

except when the market goes to shit and prices come tumbling down along with dividends

4 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

No, I didn't see the update. Insurance job to buy a new wardrobe was it?

Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__44212321.jpg

An Australian tourist, who had claimed he was robbed at gunpoint after being dropped off by a taxi, finally admitted that he was drunk and lost his belongings.

On Saturday an Australian male tourist, 19 year old Terrance John White from New South Wales, notified the receptionist at a hotel in Nai Yang where he was staying that he had been robbed at gunpoint by 4-5 suspects after being dropped by taxi near the hotel.

He says he gave his wallet with 20,000 baht cash to the alleged robbers brandishing firearms. The receptionist called police. Terrance was taken to the Thalang Police Station.

I knew it.
When the original story was posted I was ready to start tearing holes in it and after writing 2 paragraphs I decided, why bother ?

Most people wouldn't have believed it as they WANT to believe the guy was robbed. That he was set up. That is was all the "evil Thais" in collusion to rob every foreigner (yadda yadda yadda).

I should have posted it just to see all the flak it would have drawn - only to see that I was right a couple hours later.

My main surprise in the whole story was that it didn't appear first in the Sun or Mirror. Maybe the lad didn't know he could have gotten paid for his BS.

4 hours ago, Crustyhk said:

So all those stories plastered around the planet about JetSki operators in Phuket and Pattaya pointing very large handguns at customers are all made up?

“robbed at gunpoint” is probable the most real part of the story. 

Turns out it was the least probable part of the whole made up story.

Not sure why you would  be pushing a narrative that armed robbery of tourists is a common thing and very probable when its never actually happend.

Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__44212321.jpg

An Australian tourist, who had claimed he was robbed at gunpoint after being dropped off by a taxi, finally admitted that he was drunk and lost his belongings.

On Saturday an Australian male tourist, 19 year old Terrance John White from New South Wales, notified the receptionist at a hotel in Nai Yang where he was staying that he had been robbed at gunpoint by 4-5 suspects after being dropped by taxi near the hotel.

He says he gave his wallet with 20,000 baht cash to the alleged robbers brandishing firearms. The receptionist called police. Terrance was taken to the Thalang Police Station.

Apparently he's told a few porkies?
Never mind, nice try.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Shame that TV hasn't changed the topic headline to reflect the real story. Or even create a new topic with the true circumstances and close this one. But, hey, there's money to be made in pandering to their target audience.....

The sad thing is, many will just take on the original story and perpetuate it, it will go from barstool to barstool in the next few days, 5 guys were kidnapped by a mad taxi driver and robbed tortured and beaten by 20 armed Thais, lol

A guy in a bar told me !!!!

44 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

'although do invest heavily in the ASX which makes the tax free returns here worth living here.'

except when the market goes to shit and prices come tumbling down along with dividends

It all depends how much you have in reserves and how you play the market, and I am not going to give away what works for me, suffice to say, if you buy and sell daily and only buy dividend paying shares in there if the market goes south, then you won't really lose, although you might have to wait for the shares that dropped to pick up again, i.e. a year or two, in the meantime receive between 5%-6% tax free for your troubles while waiting ????

Each to their own of course

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Those of us that have money, know that we don't carry that kind of cash on us at anytime of the day in any country, especially in Thailand.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I do not have money, but carry more than that usually, repairing a flat tire or two, getting fuel, see something attractively priced,  whatever, cash is king in Thailand.
Unfortunately, or maybe not, other than some, I do not have a secretary with me all the time that takes care of minor inconveniences like cash.

57 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes the guy was broke and made up the story .

If he was a smart guy he would just start a go fund me page, make up a sobering story  and would get money in no time. 

It really is quite unbelievable.

The bloke has no moral compass whatsoever.

Archived