Aussie tourist robbed at gunpoint after dumped by Phuket taxi driver

webfact

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I doubt your BIL story. If he just went out for a quick walk why would he take much with him. Also about “10 years ago “ is hardly worth mentioning and on Thai Visa forum I have found that usually means 1999 or sometime before that. So now there are 2 more urban myth reports from Phuket and Bangkok 20 odd years ago. 

You doubt my post??? You think I'm lying??? <deleted> is wrong with you? Why would I lie? 

And where did I wrote that my BIL took a lot of money with him? I wrote that he was robbed at gunpoint. They got his wallet with some cards and about 1000 baht in cash. 

About 10 years ago means 1999 for you???

What, you can't count either? 

You better refrain from commenting any further!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fortunately, for all of us, this type of event is rare here. I just do not hear about alot of violent crimes against foreigners, like in many other countries, such as the PI, and Cambodia. Hopefully, it will stay that way. 

Hope they catch the goons who did this. And hope they are able to find a judge willing to lock them up. Not an easy thing to find. 

But there were no goons, it didn,t happen, the Aussie made it all up !

33 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Shame that TV hasn't changed the topic headline to reflect the real story. Or even create a new topic with the true circumstances and close this one. But, hey, there's money to be made in pandering to their target audience.....

Thaivisa cannot change news headline as published by the news media.

Fortunately, for all of us, this type of event is rare here. I just do not hear about alot of violent crimes against foreigners, like in many other countries, such as the PI, and Cambodia. Hopefully, it will stay that way. 

Hope they catch the goons who did this. And hope they are able to find a judge willing to lock them up. Not an easy thing to find. 

Errr did you read the headline??? ... "Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket"

Once back in Australia, the poor chap should widely post the serious incident in all australian social media, to warn his people on what Thailand is becomming.

When tourism and retirees numbers drastically drop, then perhaps some steps may be taken to treat visitors with a minimum of respect and decency in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Once back in Australia, the poor chap should widely post the serious incident in all australian social media, to warn his people on what Thailand is becomming.

When tourism and retirees numbers drastically drop, then perhaps some steps may be taken to treat visitors with a minimum of respect and decency in Thailand.

Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__44212321.jpg

An Australian tourist, who had claimed he was robbed at gunpoint after being dropped off by a taxi, finally admitted that he was drunk and lost his belongings.

On Saturday an Australian male tourist, 19 year old Terrance John White from New South Wales, notified the receptionist at a hotel in Nai Yang where he was staying that he had been robbed at gunpoint by 4-5 suspects after being dropped by taxi near the hotel.

He says he gave his wallet with 20,000 baht cash to the alleged robbers brandishing firearms. The receptionist called police. Terrance was taken to the Thalang Police Station.

I just can't let this one go with a comment...

Years ago I was in the airline industry and used to fly plane loads of similar brainless individuals to Bali... my only regret was that at a later date I had to fly them back home. Cheap airfares drag up the dregs of humanity.

This is fake news, he was not robbed, he got drunk and lost it. Lock him up for 2 months, deport the the younh huligan

As soon as I started reading this and by the cut of him my BS alarm was sounding...

My only surprise in reading the thread is the anti Brit brigade has not mentioned its 'always Brits & Aussies blah blah blah'

Just a young man doing what young men do - making a complete knob of himself

58 minutes ago, KKr said:
6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Those of us that have money, know that we don't carry that kind of cash on us at anytime of the day in any country, especially in Thailand.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I do not have money, but carry more than that usually, repairing a flat tire or two, getting fuel, see something attractively priced,  whatever, cash is king in Thailand.
Unfortunately, or maybe not, other than some, I do not have a secretary with me all the time that takes care of minor inconveniences like cash.

Yes same here.  I don't have any credit cards so I have to carry cash, or keep going to the ATM for more.   It all depends what I'm doing of course.

28 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

After an admitted false allegation like that he should be fined 10,000 baht and asked to leave the kingdom immediately.Who need visitors like that !

Agreed.A false allegation is an indictable offense.

First plane out of the country-and I am an Aussie.

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Yes same here.  I don't have any credit cards so I have to carry cash, or keep going to the ATM for more.   It all depends what I'm doing of course.

I carry cash until it runs out then its off to the police station with a story about being robbed.

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket

Yep, thought this would be the case with this stupid Aussie bogan/dork...……..

And it could have been an English or American or Italian dork.  We have all got plenty of them and many seem to make their way to the Kingdom.

11 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Not sure what crime the lad's committed, tbh, other than being a complete dope. No mention of an insurance claim. 

I imagine there was a plan for an insurance claim, he reported an iphone and 20k stolen (that we know about). Otherwise, a complete idiot if not for a claim.

Thai police are pretty good at picking up on insurance claims, if you report a lost/stolen camera, iphone etc, whilst you are filling out the report they send another policeman to have a look in your hotel room, often they return with the camera before the report is finished. and the game is up.

Archived