Aussie tourist robbed at gunpoint after dumped by Phuket taxi driver

webfact

I just spent 5 days in Phuket and have seen this guy several times with 4 or 5 of his drunken mates on Bangla road or beach road during the day and night . all shirtless with cans of beer in their hands, yup I dont think any of them owned a shirt.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, simtemple said:

If this scumbag did this in Australia he would be facing a maximum penalty of $10,000 or 2 years imprisonment.

Sorry - I was drunk! (I need help?)

Yawn! - Do not pass Go - Do not collect $200

Sorry - TIT - a Wai and 500 baht should fix it!

12 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__44212321.jpg

An Australian tourist, who had claimed he was robbed at gunpoint after being dropped off by a taxi, finally admitted that he was drunk and lost his belongings.

On Saturday an Australian male tourist, 19 year old Terrance John White from New South Wales, notified the receptionist at a hotel in Nai Yang where he was staying that he had been robbed at gunpoint by 4-5 suspects after being dropped by taxi near the hotel.

He says he gave his wallet with 20,000 baht cash to the alleged robbers brandishing firearms. The receptionist called police. Terrance was taken to the Thalang Police Station.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/drunken-aussie-tourist-admits-he-wasnt-robbed-at-gun-point-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-11-26

What a <deleted>! Stupid as Tumbleweed.

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Dude this had nothing to do with the sun, sea, sand or testosterone!!!! But you did ( not) hit it right on the head with alcohol!! 

Of course, it does,

A young Aussie lad let loose on holiday with his mates in Thailand.

Such behaviour is typical of youngsters, getting drunk, losing control and regretting it when they have sobered up.

He is a clown for saying he was involved in an armed mugging and will have to face the consequences of his actions.

No doubt it will cost him to make the problem go away and he certainly will know about being involved with REAL armed robbers now.....in uniforms as well.

19 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I doubt your BIL story. If he just went out for a quick walk why would he take much with him. Also about “10 years ago “ is hardly worth mentioning and on Thai Visa forum I have found that usually means 1999 or sometime before that. So now there are 2 more urban myth reports from Phuket and Bangkok 20 odd years ago. 

He got robbed at 5am while out for a walk? I usually  go out for a walk when unable to sleep  buy with my house key not wallet ????

17 hours ago, rtco said:

Errr did you read the headline??? ... "Drunken Aussie tourist admits he wasn’t robbed at gun point in Phuket"

That was a subsequent update. Why would anyone do something so dumb? Five minutes of fame is one thing, but to be forever known as the clown who reported a fake robbery? What is up? Off his meds maybe?

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Of course, it does,

A young Aussie lad let loose on holiday with his mates in Thailand.

Such behaviour is typical of youngsters, getting drunk, losing control and regretting it when they have sobered up.

He is a clown for saying he was involved in an armed mugging and will have to face the consequences of his actions.

No doubt it will cost him to make the problem go away and he certainly will know about being involved with REAL armed robbers now.....in uniforms as well.

It happened at night ( said he was brought to a dark area) not near the beach. Quite frankly I don’t even agree with the youngster part because almost always when you read a TVF story about some fake crime it’s someone over 30 or 40. But this time he was 19. 

56 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

He got robbed at 5am while out for a walk? I usually  go out for a walk when unable to sleep  buy with my house key not wallet ????

And how many times have you been mugged in the last 10 or so years ( in BKK or anywhere in Thailand) doing this??

21 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Er, i am an Aussie, and currently have 15,000plus in my shorts. i have cash, and always carry cash. I have never been robbed. I dont live in fear.

I normal night out is about 10,000.

It always amuses me that poor or tightarse people think people think everyone is the same as them. 

The kid is in Phuket, hardly a cheap charlie place and I doubt an aussie would bother doing an insurance claim for petty change.

We come from the land of plenty.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/wealth/new-report-reveals-why-australians-are-the-wealthiest-people-on-earth/news-story/9097dd51631c0ec2064d89d0047e5d59

If you actually read the article you will see most of the "wealth" is in superannuation  (which cannot be accesed before around 60[at a very high tax rate] or currently at 65 1/2 raising to 67 in the coming years.  Or Real Assets and resources which again are taxed very heavily upon cashing. And living expenses are crazy, if you don't live in a share house around 1/3 of your wage goes to rent/electricity/ etc.

2 minutes ago, Alanmel said:

If you actually read the article you will see most of the "wealth" is in superannuation  (which cannot be accesed before around 60[at a very high tax rate] or currently at 65 1/2 raising to 67 in the coming years.  Or Real Assets and resources which again are taxed very heavily upon cashing. And living expenses are crazy, if you don't live in a share house around 1/3 of your wage goes to rent/electricity/ etc.

Yes thats right, its like saying we are all rich because we own some property in a giant real estate bubble.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, JimP said:

I applaud the young traveller for insisting on the meter.  These types of taxi drivers are a <deleted> menace to all the decent ones out there. I simply refuse to get in a taxi until I see the meter pressed, but hey, that's me.  Of course it took a gaggle of Thais to rob the Aussie.  They do like to fight unfairly, and a gun!  Wow.  Cowards.   

Actually, I have to eat those words because this pos was lying.  What an effin' idiot.  I hope they toss this stupid Aussie in jail and let him sober up for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, JimP said:

Actually, I have to eat those words because this pos was lying.  What an effin' idiot.  I hope they toss this stupid Aussie in jail and let him sober up for a long time. 

Good to see someone posting a retraction, far to many people are too quick to repeat the Thai stereotypes and jump on the Thai bashing wagon.

123.thumb.JPG.7927b993c88ed31ea98f30388fef2cd5.JPG

4 hours ago, Alanmel said:

Ha..ha..ha..

A modest Aussie country town.

As the pelican implies-you are deluded.

123.JPG

020.JPG

DSCN0053.JPG

20 hours ago, wozza said:

I just spent 5 days in Phuket and have seen this guy several times with 4 or 5 of his drunken mates on Bangla road or beach road during the day and night . all shirtless with cans of beer in their hands, yup I dont think any of them owned a shirt.

I don't spend very much time at all on Bangla.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:14 PM, Suradit69 said:

"Words fail me"

Certainly a good grasp of what actually happened failed you. Wonder why you were so eager to believe some farang and assume any Thais in his vicinity were scumbags.  Another example of Bar Stool - Crime Scene Investigation ... BS-CSI.

I never said that I believed him, I was commenting on peoples reactions to being held at gunpoint as opposed to not having a shirt on...

1 minute ago, zyphodb said:

I never said that I believed him, I was commenting on peoples reactions to being held at gunpoint as opposed to not having a shirt on...

Yup-when all's done and dusted the major impact will be-most assuredly-that the brain dead loon was sans shirt..

Probably without a shirt in Innisfail as well.

When he returns his family will,no doubt,give him some bong stinking,wife beater garment if only to meet the Aussie press who will spruik it up as some form of dire oppression inflicted on yet another innocent Australian abroad.

56 minutes ago, balo said:

19 years old , what are you doing in Thailand , is it really that bad in Aussie land ? 

A tourist,

T-O-U-R-I-S-T.

Obviously things are really good in OZ if you can afford to visit Expatria at his age-even with somewhat less than a full rig out.

But..does he have a boogie board?????

On 11/26/2018 at 11:27 AM, Cheops said:

My BIL was robbed at gunpoint about 10 years ago in Bangkok (at 5am when he went out for a walk, because he couldn't sleep) on a main road (no dark alley). You don't hear it often in Thailand but it does certainly happen. 

In this case he wasn't robbed after all, but gunpoint robbings do happen.

Or it was by a lady boy with a high heeled shoe..........

Archived