Video: Lady boy waitress accepts 40,000 baht after slap from angry "top civil servant"

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Gosh - whenever there is any post about trans people on this forum- we do seem to get some small minded ( putting it politely) people crawling out of the Thaivisa wood work . 

The world has moved on a bit . 

Yup.

It's the TVF "Trip Down Memory Lane".

Like a "museum village" of the past.

Telling smokers to take it 3 paces away from a doorway is "the end of fun" and governmental persecution and related to Nazism.

Catastrophic global warming doesn't exist, and if it does it's a good thing because people like it warm when they go on vacation.

A story of trans people leads to pages of homo "jokes".

Everyone has the right to refer to themselves as any pronoun they prefer. And everyone else has the right to refer to anyone else with whatever pronoun they (the speaker) prefer. Anyone who tries to dictate what pronoun any other person uses to refer to anyone else is an idiot.  I prefer to use the following catch-all pronoun: (for all genders, groups or trans) or faggot for short. 

just joking, I am in fact a trans myself. Language police go home...........

When I first read this story in a newspaper a couple of days ago there was no reference to the gender of the maid who was slapped and that is how it should be. The issue is that a customer was abusing the hotel staff and got their comeuppance.

Why the ThaiVisa headline chooses to highlight "Ladyboy" is beyond me

And as for the transgender phobes on this forum, perhaps they are the ones who deserve a god slap, only don't expect compensation

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are you confused?

He was born male, will be male until the day he dies, nothing/ nobody can change that.

Dont know if you guys know this but their sex in their pasport can be changed to female so actually their female (if the whole operation is finished by the way)

Oh Lordy. Gender sensitivity. Calling someone their actual gender when they are pretending to be something else. How offensive. Not.

Not calling a spade a spade encourages incorrect thought in the whole population. The 6ft tall, big-foot, deep voiced, gender queer thing is not fooling anyone (apart from really, really, really,really, really, really drunk guys at 3am rolling along the beach road)

Having said that we should call a cat a cat, and a dog a dog, regardless of what it considers itself to be <snigger> my experience of living in tinsel town for 20 years, is that one should be worried about is the high heel wielding Thai Lima-Bravos - as they tend to lash out when offended, just like guys do. Sta-range that. ????

What I actually like about the West is that you usually can't buy your way out of a crime.  Prosecutor's prosecute based on the 'criminal' code that was violated and has nothing to do with a civil settlement.  He still committed a crime and it's the prosecutor's job to sanction crimes in the name of the public in order to deter such crimes.  Well, silly me, not here.

This simply sets the height of the bar.  If I am 'in a mood' and feel like slapping restaurant employees who are doing their job, then I know what it will take to be able to step away from criminal prosecution.  In this case, 40,000 THB was the magic number. 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Wow 40.000 just for a slap !!

I have just come up with a way that i can make money, anybody want to come and slap my backside and pay me 40.000 baht, no problem for me as i have no feeling there.:cheesy:

My slapper says I should give her 40,000 for each session!

5 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Good for her. Why should one slap her when asked to not smoke inside a smoke free restaurant. I think she should be given 100K.

I read years ago of a doorman telling a soldier that he couldn't double park outside and the soldier shot him. A slap was mild by comparison. Can't remember what, if any, punishment the soldier received.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"In light of the financial settlement Sanook did not report if the civil servant would still face possible criminal charges for the assault. "

I bloody hope so,these "do you know who i am" types.think they can do anything,

get caught at it ,pay money and get away with it,its about time this two tier system

of law was done away with.

regards worgeordie

Unfortunately it's how the system works & is tolerated in Thailand... even the police will turn a blind eye if a "payment" has been made... 

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are you confused?

He was born male, will be male until the day he dies, nothing/ nobody can change that.

You are mistaken Thai Doctors change that all the time. Breasts, a vagina turn guys into girls all the time.  ????

Archived