How do you answer these questions?

mii maker

At school, there are a couple of subjects students have to study with foreign teachers and health education class is one of them. Students study everything in English on this class except the teacher is Thai. And some of students confuse about the questions she give to them and give me their notebook. Surprisingly, the questions are full of grammar mistakes.

I don't get the drift on some questions here. Could anyone give it a shot?

IMG_20181126_095805~2.jpg

IMG_20181126_095444~2.jpg

1. How should you do to carry young children and pets?

2. What can you supervise young children. When they are taking a bath?

3. When you are cooking how to keep children and pets?

4. What is the basic of children when they are taking a bath?

5. Giving 5 ways to safe measures. (<deleted> is this question?)

That paper should be used as evidence #1, when making the case before the education ministry, of the dire need for foreigners, to teach english here in Thailand. Even the Thai english teachers, for the most part, cannot speak, read, write or comprehend english with any level of proficiency. How are their students expected to do so?

I assume something like this could be easily checked by a native speaking member of staff and these issues would be avoided. Although, I remember seeing errors on the national O - Net exams too.  

I use the Airport Link and have noticed recently three errors in their signage, as well as a wrong sentence that is read out over the tannoy. I would happily help rectify that, but what do I know. 

9 hours ago, roo860 said:

I struggled to read it, terrible writing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Same. I told students that I didn't understand and couldn't answer it. What a horrible questions. They should hire more foreign teachers, so teacher never get students to answer terrible questions like this.

There are only 2 foreign teachers anyways, and there are currently four subjects students study with foreign teachers. Science and mathematics are taught by foreign teachers, but Health ed. and social studies aren't because they don't have enough foreign teachers. 

Same. I told students that I didn't understand and couldn't answer it. What a horrible questions. They should hire more foreign teachers, so teacher never get students to answer terrible questions like this.
There are only 2 foreign teachers anyways, and there are currently four subjects students study with foreign teachers. Science and mathematics are taught by foreign teachers, but Health ed. and social studies aren't because they don't have enough foreign teachers. 

Where are you from mate?

Are you a native English speaker?

1. How should you carry young children and pets?

2. How can you supervise young children. When they are taking a bath?

3. When you are cooking how would you keep children and pets safe?

4. What is the basic safety for children when they are taking a bath?

5. Give 5 ways to take safe measures........

I would doubt the accuracy of the person who wrote those, because of the missing words. Grammar is another issue. Unless you were there, you dont know if its the person taking the notes or the one giving them or a combination of both.

Archived