What Are They Building?

Easy Come Easy Go

2 hours ago, Aquaman2016 said:

New rail station and elevated track for services between Nakhon Pathom and Chumpon. If you Google “Hua Hin rail extension” there’s a TV thread from earlier this year.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for that.. it seems a little obsolete in that area, especially considering how busy it may make the surrounding mini area. I'd rather see money spent on roadways around this area, but that's just my 2 cents, which aren't worth that much lol 

It is a hugely important project. My understanding is that the entire line will be elevated, and it will be a high speed rail, initially linking Bangkok with Prachuap and Hua Hin, and eventually to Singapore. The trains in Thailand are so outdated, and slow. The highways are congested with far too much truck traffic. There are no airports in use, within the Hua Hin area. There should be 40 flights a day out of Hua Hin. Why that is not the case is a complete mystery, and further evidence of the gross incompetence of this administration. But, to their credit, the high speed rail moves forward. One small step for the Thai people, one giant step for Thailand. 

15 hours ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Thanks for that.. it seems a little obsolete in that area, especially considering how busy it may make the surrounding mini area. I'd rather see money spent on roadways around this area, but that's just my 2 cents, which aren't worth that much lol 

stop making sensible suggestions!

that is an offence in Thailand.  ????

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is a hugely important project. My understanding is that the entire line will be elevated, and it will be a high speed rail, initially linking Bangkok with Prachuap and Hua Hin, and eventually to Singapore. The trains in Thailand are so outdated, and slow. The highways are congested with far too much truck traffic. There are no airports in use, within the Hua Hin area. There should be 40 flights a day out of Hua Hin. Why that is not the case is a complete mystery, and further evidence of the gross incompetence of this administration. But, to their credit, the high speed rail moves forward. One small step for the Thai people, one giant step for Thailand. 

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we maybe confusing the high speed rail fantasy with the dual track project?  In either case, I drive past this area between soi 88 and 94 in Hua Hin often and they have been working on this section for months now, primarily just moving dirt around as far as I can tell.  Granted we have experienced a fair amount of rain here during that time.  That said, at the current rate of progress I'm guessing it will likely take about 5 years just to get from there to the crossing near Khao Takiab which is less than 10km to the south.  To Prachuap town and eventually Singapore seems almost inconceivable, in my opinion anyway.

2 hours ago, JKfarang said:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we maybe confusing the high speed rail fantasy with the dual track project?  In either case, I drive past this area between soi 88 and 94 in Hua Hin often and they have been working on this section for months now, primarily just moving dirt around as far as I can tell.  Granted we have experienced a fair amount of rain here during that time.  That said, at the current rate of progress I'm guessing it will likely take about 5 years just to get from there to the crossing near Khao Takiab which is less than 10km to the south.  To Prachuap town and eventually Singapore seems almost inconceivable, in my opinion anyway.

They have already begun clearing many areas between Hua Hin and Prachuap. The high speed elevated line being built between Bangkok and Korat is coming together at a surprisingly fast pace. It is a wonder what can be done when you throw hundreds of billions of baht at a project. The high speed train is not a fantasy. It is happening right now. And it will be amazing to be able to get from HH to BKK in a little over an hour. 

4 hours ago, JKfarang said:

I was also under the impression that the work currently is for the dual track project.  However, plans for the high speed train also seem to be in the making.

• 6 months later...

Archived