Nigerian romance scammer arrested by Big Joke on four year overstay

webfact

Nigerian romance scammer arrested by Big Joke on four year overstay

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath's columnist Pluengpayak reported that Immigration Chief Maj-Gen Surachate Hakparn had arrested another romance scammer from Nigeria. 

Evidence of 41 victims were found on the African's phone along with pictures of young white men, eligible bachelors and handsome soldiers used to make fake profiles on Facebook and Instagram. 

The columnist outlined the methods of romance scammers that Surachate - known as Big Joke - has been targeting since his days as assistant chief at the tourist police. 

Through online chat the scammers - unashamedly described as blacks by Pluengpayak - chat up Thai women from all walks of life nationwide. The blacks pose as farangs, he said. 

Then they purport to have sent gifts through the mail - these get stuck at customs. Thai women who aid the scammers then pose as state officials to request tax payments be sent to release the gifts. 

Some victims part with 20,000 to 30,000 baht initially. Others are conned into parting with "late payments" up to 90,000 baht. 

The latest arrest was Kerry Samuel Madubuchi, 30, a Nigerian who was living in a rented house in Nonthaburi. 

He was found to be on overstay of four years six months and 29 days. 

He was nabbed along with the phone evidence and other items such as bank records. 

Plueangpayak said that the Maj-Gen had also charged the house owner for not reporting a foreigner at his address. 

And he was following up with the owners of the accounts used in the scam. 

The columnist said that all this should act as a warning to Thai women not to be taken in. 

In the body of his column he said that Thai women "took pity" on the people who scammed them regarding the gifts that were stuck at customs. 

The word greed was not mentioned. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-27

I always find it difficult to comprehend why people worldwide still fool fall for these scams. It is very easy to check online, reverse photo searches, reverse text searches in Google, IP addresses and phone number checks online.

If some Nigerian sends an email offering to pay $26 million into my bank account or some stunning beautiful 25 year old Russian model claims to have seen my profile somewhere, fallen madly in love with me and then asks me to book our wedding, I press the delete button immediately. 

How can some people be so stupid as to send money to people they don`t know and have never met just based on a photo and a few nice words? Sure beats me.

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I always find it difficult to comprehend why people worldwide still fool fall for these scams. It is very easy to check online, reverse photo searches, reverse text searches in Google, IP addresses and phone number checks online.

If some Nigerian sends an email offering to pay $26 million into my bank account or some stunning beautiful 25 year old Russian model claims to have seen my profile somewhere, fallen madly in love with me and then asks me to book our wedding, I press the delete button immediately. 

How can some people be so stupid as to send money to people they don`t know and have never met just based on a photo and a few nice words? Sure beats me.

They must be the same people who believe the word 'gullible' is no longer in the dictionary.

Seems like a couple of times per month, my wife forwards a line message from one of her friends, asking if a message/request for cash from a "farang suitor" is legitimate.  Legit or not, I say go/have someone go to customs, and pick up the gift, never send money.  It's a sad never ending game that the ladies fall (or almost fall) victim to...

5 hours ago, blowin said:

Its great these African scammers are being caught. DEPORT them all Big Joke ????.

They should deport all breaking the law, including European kiddie diddlers (the north and northeast are infested) and African scammers. All lawbreakers out. There is no better lawbreaker. DEPORT them all Big Joke. ????

59 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they should all be banned for ever as none are genuine tourists ,they only go to thai for purposes of crime and racketeering

Why stop there Thailand is full farangs who are not geniune tourists...let deport and ban them as well 

I am tempted to offer myself for free and tell them I'm a millionaire. I wonder how many FB friends I will get...  

Just play the game until after our first date , then rinse and repeat. :crazy:

It's good to hear Big Joke continues to do his job....but why is doing his job such an amazing feat? Is it because the rest of the law enforcement officials at his rank are not doing theirs? No wonder the lower ranks have so many who are just there for the tea money. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:57 PM, Machiavelli said:

They should deport all breaking the law, including European kiddie diddlers (the north and northeast are infested) and African scammers. All lawbreakers out. There is no better lawbreaker. DEPORT them all Big Joke. ????

If you know of any of those perpetrators above give big joke a bell and does all a favor .

Archived