Pattaya or . . .

SpokaneAl

We are in Korat where we split our time between Thailand and the US. I am a road bike rider (as well as a runner and swimmer) and like to ride 60 KM and run 10k or so three to four times a week as well as lap swim three times a week.

In Korat there is a safe, albeit a bit boring paved bike path where I can get my bike fix in. There is also a nice paved running trail that circles a lake here. I swim in a 50 meter pool at the local army base.

We are looking to find a decent condo for two to three months beginning in January somewhere down on the coast where I could do my daily workouts, that is hopefully safe for biking and running.

Would anyone here have some insight and/or suggestions?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

Thai roads and safe are never said in the same sentence usually. This is #1 for car accidents in the world so I think cycling is suicidal outside a track/path. Dogs, buses, potholes, no manhole covers, illegal oncoming traffic, foodcarts, jaywalkers, drunk drivers... all the time and everywhere.  I guess look up routes on Strava or ride organized events so safety in numbers.

Archived