Thai drag queen Nes age 12 buys house for parents

Jingthing

https://www.advocate.com/youth/2018/11/26/pre-teen-drag-queen-buys-house-family

Twelve-year-old Thai drag sensation Nes parlayed his success as a beauty guru and brand influencer into a new house for his family, reports Tilllate, a Thai website.

Nes’s parents saw his interest in makeup at a young age, and instead of discouraging him, they gave him pointers. He is one of the biggest influencers in Thailand with over 300,000 followers on Instagram and is often seen attending celebrity galas, rubbing elbows with other Thai celebrities.

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But if a guy looks at a 12 year old pretty girl then he is called pervert...

I suppose it depends on how you are looking at them.

But you had to try to twist a feel good story about a talented kid helping out his wonderful supportive parents and suggest it's something perverted. Now, that is SICK!

Child celebrities. They're a thing. Nothing new.

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I suppose it depends on how you are looking at them.

But you had to try to twist a feel good story about a talented kid helping out his wonderful supportive parents and suggest it's something perverted. Now, that is SICK!

Child celebrities. They're a thing. Nothing new.

Yep, well said.

Just now, Bob12345 said:

Hope this will not end by parents forcing their kids to become drags just for a quick buck.

Yeah, that indeed would be a bad thing. But allow me to turn that around and hope that parents don't force their kids to be ANYTHING that goes against the child's feelings of who they are. That could include lots of things -- to play football, to study to be a dentist when the kid wants to be an artist, etc.  But of course the type of pressure I mention is fully accepted even encouraged by mainstream societies everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, that indeed would be a bad thing. But allow me to turn that around and hope that parents don't force their kids to be ANYTHING that goes against the child's feelings of who they are. That could include lots of things -- to play football, to study to be a dentist when the kid wants to be an artist, etc.  But of course the type of pressure I mention is fully accepted even encouraged by mainstream societies everywhere.

First thing that came to my mind Jingthing was Thai boxing , I loathed it at school nearly 60 years ago and I still do. How many I wonder over here get told that is what you will do !

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He's got an unusual talent for his age. Thus … the new house. Don't be a hater.

Ok, let look how normal this kid will grow up.

Will he still be a drag queen in a year or 3 or 5 years? Does he wants to do that?

It seems lots of people want to be celebrities but if you read articles what happened with people who were famous and then not anymore a lot of them didn't end up very happy.

It seems especially YouTubers are under a lot of pressure from their viewers. And probably some are also under pressure from their families to continue to make money.

I have my doubts if growing up like that is healthy for the kid.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, let look how normal this kid will grow up.

Will he still be a drag queen in a year or 3 or 5 years? Does he wants to do that?

It seems lots of people want to be celebrities but if you read articles what happened with people who were famous and then not anymore a lot of them didn't end up very happy.

It seems especially YouTubers are under a lot of pressure from their viewers. And probably some are also under pressure from their families to continue to make money.

I have my doubts if growing up like that is healthy for the kid.

Normal is a loaded word. I'm sure you're abnormal in your own special way. As far as this kid's psychological situation, that he appears to have supportive parents will do him a lot more good over the long term than any pressure from his public will do him harm. "Normal" parents may have crushed his obvious talent worrying what other people would think. That would not have been healthy. 

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But a 12 year old drag queen is perfectly normal? Really?

Even younger in the "developed" world:

Meet the 8-Year-Old Boy Who Transforms Into a Drag Queen Named ...

"A new girl on the Montreal drag scene is making the city's other queens look geriatric by comparison. That would be Lactatia — a.k.a. Nemis Quinn Mélançon Golden, an 8-year-old who started getting into drag at the ripe old age of 7."

He says, with absolute confidence, that he loves the song "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga.

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Hope this will not end by parents forcing their kids to become drags just for a quick buck.

I hope my kids won't force theirs to become drags, but if they do, I'll expect at least the ground floor of the house for me, exclusively...

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK. But was it covered here?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe not but the collapse of the Berlin wall wasn't covered here either.  Will they now report on that??!!

I think I first read about this on MSN two or three weeks ago.  Seems the lad was making money from his make-up skills and tutorials on instagram.  It was reported that other than his instagram hobby, he's a normal boy.  He's had lucrative offers from agencies in South Korea and China.

Archived