Thai govt offers free dinner, free visa too 

webfact

40 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

What about free visa to skilled foreingers that can help develope the country _

You are kidding right?It is not about making anything better in this country. It is about making money. Here nothing is more important and there is nothing that the folks here will ever replace it with. 

As for developing this country... again you have to be kidding. No one here wants that. Though we have 5G now and everyone is equipped with a smart phone (copy or not), nice cars, improving infrastructure (though very slowly... and then by Thai standards which can be a joke) and seem to an important player in ASEAN (that is yet to really be seen). The real trouble is that this country is still... as that wonderful English expression says... "It is all fur coats but no underwear". 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

"

The abbreviation is in fact Math since it is not plural."

Boys, boys.... okay Brits, Aussies and some other members of commonwealth say "maths". Americans say "math" (I'm a yank). If math/s is shortening of mathematics, should have that "s". Perhaps "plural" because their are various sorts of "maths": +,-, trig, etc rather than seeing it as one big tent containing it all. Excuse me, but my sheeps are calling.

Is it possible to study a mathematic!

4 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

"

The abbreviation is in fact Math since it is not plural."

Boys, boys.... okay Brits, Aussies and some other members of commonwealth say "maths". Americans say "math" (I'm a yank). If math/s is shortening of mathematics, should have that "s". Perhaps "plural" because their are various sorts of "maths": +,-, trig, etc rather than seeing it as one big tent containing it all. Excuse me, but my sheeps are calling.

It's a plural noun, according to the oed, therefore 'maths' is correct.

????

49 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If you want an influx of foreign currency just ban all Embassy income confirmation letters and force all expats here to have 800,000 in a Thai bank....oh.

800,000 baht in the bank is no problem for us as we are farang and all of us have money trees.the truth be known it's probably 99% of immo officers that have that kind of money laying around.

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sticky rice and Mango .! Jeez' push the boat out won't you .. 

If they want 'em back we know what'll have 'em descending like a swarm of locust .. 

IMG_20181127_213844.jpg

so 10000 Chinese will each get 500grm of sticky rice and 0.05 of a mango. something is off here.

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

This smacks of racism to me. Why can't I get a free visa and a bowl of kho thom????? 

I'm sure as long as you provide proof of your Chinese lineage you'll be eligible. If you  go far enough back you'll be able to find that Chink in the curtains.

About time Thai Gov't, put more time ensuring treatment of Expats living in Thailand by Thai Immi is fair & reasonable. Old story , seek new business & not take care of existing customers!!

Recent changes to Retirement Visa requirements & procedures are vague & without proper information to those affected by the changes. All very well for Maj-General Surachate Hakpal to be "making a name for himself" dealing with illegal immigrants, how about taking interest & care of all the legal Expats , who pour Billions & Billions of Baht into Thai economy every year!! 

From what I see in Phuket tourist numbers are well down with hotel occupancy rates possibly at the lowest for some time for this time of year.

The biggest nationality here by far are the Russians; "big spenders" according to the article. Well the statisticians must get their figures from 7-Eleven and street food vendors!

It appears to me that the Government and TAT are panicking as these announcement are appearing in the press almost as often as Big Joke's latest exploits.

What about us Expats that work here, pay taxes, spend lots of money on rent, cars, food, golf, etc, and hire/pay Thai employees?  We travel and now that they have stopped pay for Fast Track service, we have endure hours of standing behind the Hordes of these "quality" tourists being wooed by TAT.  No one allows for business air travel these days and that is the only way to get "Fast Track" (if droves of Chinese don't force their way over to fast track).  I know of three expats that are looking to be based elsewhere due to the airport travel problems.  Has anyone seen any numbers for the amount of money Expats or foreign companies contribute to the Thai economy? 

1 minute ago, Kurtsie said:

What about us Expats that work here, pay taxes, spend lots of money on rent, cars, food, golf, etc, and hire/pay Thai employees?  We travel and now that they have stopped pay for Fast Track service, we have endure hours of standing behind the Hordes of these "quality" tourists being wooed by TAT.  No one allows for business air travel these days and that is the only way to get "Fast Track" (if droves of Chinese don't force their way over to fast track).  I know of three expats that are looking to be based elsewhere due to the airport travel problems.  Has anyone seen any numbers for the amount of money Expats or foreign companies contribute to the Thai economy? 

It’s time you realize in Thailand it’s nkt about quality but quantity . 

Having 1 million people spend just as much as 27 million does not look good on the paper.

aim is to have large numbers to impress ????

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Govt offers free dinner, free visa too..." 

'We'll even bend over and let you have a go if you come and give us money!'

That option is available in Walking street.. price POA

Archived