Thai govt offers free dinner, free visa too 

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

“We will also work to expand tourism to second-tier provinces. However, long-term security, fair pricing and good hospitality will bring back sustainable tourism to Thailand,”

There is nothing sustainable about increasing tourism 5 to 10% every year.

I think he meant to say "sustainable greed".

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Karma... Try to pick a choose who they want to come to Thailand. Then flaunt their Chinese in our faces. Thailand government and their lying tourism ministry can go take a flying jump in their tourism numbers as far as I care. There is no way that I would recommend anyone to come visit Thailand. I wouldn't want to be blamed for a host of things that could go wrong. Its like setting up a good friend with someone who abuses people. Let Thailand reap what it has sown. 

7 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

It's Karma... Try to pick a choose who they want to come to Thailand. Then flaunt their Chinese in our faces. Thailand government and their lying tourism ministry can go take a flying jump in their tourism numbers as far as I care. There is no way that I would recommend anyone to come visit Thailand. I wouldn't want to be blamed for a host of things that could go wrong. Its like setting up a good friend with someone who abuses people. Let Thailand reap what it has sown. 

I think exactly the same... someone must very dislike family or friends

to recommend them Thailand for holidays .

Will Mr.P host it himself, a dinner with a friendly despot, what Chinese could ever resist that? Make it a buffet and you'll get 100% of the mainland peasants in blue buses in no time. What a joyful and wonderful idea, please set the dates so I can escalate my get the hell out of dodge effort before it, pretty please.

You don't want  the chinese there as tight as #%/@  they don't spend as most come on a 0 b tour and get conned into having to spend there money with a touring ring or I call it a Co op but the Thais think that the chinese are  the cash cows  WRONG . Farangs spend the money  also devaluation of the Bhat  would help its way over inflated  But you know the Thais  they cannot be told by a  farang how to do it.

They are funny the have the attitude of they will always come and are pretty open about it. When they don't come the cry into there jop soup. That there  making no money blows my mind  it's not rocket science is it??? to create tourism 

16 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Hint for writers and tourism folk, the Chinese have different festive seasons to the Christian based societies. Maybe targeting those would work better.

Oh come on...learning about your target market in order to get their interest...no way. It's all about what the Thai's think you should want. If you don't want what we are offering you better get a grip and change your attitude or I won't be able to take your money....and we know you don't want that to happen. Anyone for sticky rice and mango?

12 hours ago, cracker1 said:

A quote from your story above.

“The Europeans were the biggest spenders, with higher revenue of over 30 per cent. Canadians and Russians were also big spenders, creating an increase in revenue of 22 per cent and 20 per cent respectively,” Weerasak added."

I have never been asked about my spending habits in the 15 years I have been visiting Thailand so how have these percentage figures been ascertained ?

Anyone else been surveyed about their spending ?

never been asked...

On 11/28/2018 at 5:29 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Govt offers free dinner, free visa too..." 

'We'll even bend over and let you have a go if you come and give us money!'

And they call girls trying to support their families prostitutes

They should offer free tourist visas for all nationalities.  As for free meals, they could be culturally sensitive.  Ask Americans on arrival "You want fries with that?" For Canadians, "How about some poutine?"  "Haggis, anyone?"  etc...

4 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

They should offer free tourist visas for all nationalities.  As for free meals, they could be culturally sensitive.  Ask Americans on arrival "You want fries with that?" For Canadians, "How about some poutine?"  "Haggis, anyone?"  etc...

You know your international (fat) fast food well. Maybe a funnel cake too.

16 minutes ago, neeray said:

You know your international (fat) fast food well. Maybe a funnel cake too.

Reminds me I read about a kimchee crisis awhile back in Korea.  Bad crop year for cabbage I think it was.  They had to break down and temporarily allow cabbage imports.

9 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

why does not the Thai government try and do something nice for the ex-pats that spend all their money here. Free extension of stay, free dinner

They are screwed already, stuck here so why bother. Just keep squeezing out every drop. The faster the better.

About time Thai Gov't, put more time ensuring treatment of Expats living in Thailand by Thai Immi is fair & reasonable. Old story , seek new business & not take care of existing customers!!
Recent changes to Retirement Visa requirements & procedures are vague & without proper information to those affected by the changes. All very well for Maj-General Surachate Hakpal to be "making a name for himself" dealing with illegal immigrants, how about taking interest & care of all the legal Expats , who pour Billions & Billions of Baht into Thai economy every year!! 
99% of it is in happy hours.

17 hours ago, madmen said:
On 11/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, eggers said:
About time Thai Gov't, put more time ensuring treatment of Expats living in Thailand by Thai Immi is fair & reasonable. Old story , seek new business & not take care of existing customers!!
Recent changes to Retirement Visa requirements & procedures are vague & without proper information to those affected by the changes. All very well for Maj-General Surachate Hakpal to be "making a name for himself" dealing with illegal immigrants, how about taking interest & care of all the legal Expats , who pour Billions & Billions of Baht into Thai economy every year!! 

7 hours ago, balo said:

Hey what about me ?   I want mango sticky rice too! 

Okay fine, I have to disguise myself then. 

chinese-gentleman-costume.jpg

17 hours ago, madmen said:
On 11/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, eggers said:

What RU talking about?? happy hours?? 

On 11/28/2018 at 6:15 AM, Crossy said:

Somehow the maths doesn't work here.

That's 500g of rice and 0.05 of a mango per guest. You could possibly smell the mango on the rice.

I think that is the general idea. To mush the mango flesh into the sticky rice so you only get the color and smell but not the flesh of mango. Trust the Thais to not even vet the math before printing. Now it is going into the book of records for the most skinflint government sponsored free meals in recent times.  

On 11/28/2018 at 11:51 PM, ajarnmarc said:

never been asked...

Figures plucked out of their behind.... how would they know which nationality spent how much? Maybe at dutyfree outlets only where they got your passport info and the Thais did some creative projections from there... 

• 2 weeks later...

Might I suggest they look back on the not too distant past and ask why the locusts left in the first place? The pushing , shoving, fighting, hissing, grabbing, etc..all for a piece of shrimp. Is Thailand that desperate, rhetorical I'm sure but...

Clearly something wrong when a group of them shows up and you can see other tourists and locals fleeing out the back of venues. 

Unless of course, they've changed? :  }

Might I suggest they look back on the not too distant past and ask why the locusts left in the first place? The pushing , shoving, fighting, hissing, grabbing, etc..all for a piece of shrimp. Is Thailand that desperate, rhetorical I'm sure but...

Clearly something wrong when a group of them shows up and you can see other tourists and locals fleeing out the back of venues. 

Unless of course, they've changed? :  }

Archived