Mexico calls for 'full investigation' of U.S. tear gas at border

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Longcut said:

If tomorrow the Thai government said, that Farangs are no longer wanted in Thailand and need to leave. If found here after so many days, you will be arrested and deported or jailed. 

How many would stay? Would you be storming the border after being deported? Or would you take the hint that you are no longer wanted and go back home or to somewhere more inviting?

I think I would move on. 

Somehow these immigrants think they have a right to enter the United States. Not sure where they get that from. But, I can guess.

I guess you are clueless as to why they are going there ????

Never too old to learn. I really had no idea so many adults in the USA were so afraid of the boogie-man. I guess I just wasn't listening...

List of demonized peeps in the USA over time: native Americans; Chinese; Africans; Irish; Catholics; Italians; Japanese; Poles; Latins; Muslims; gays; women... am I missing anyone?

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Never too old to learn. I really had no idea so many adults in the USA were so afraid of the boogie-man. I guess I just wasn't listening...

List of demonized peeps in the USA over time: native Americans; Chinese; Africans; Irish; Catholics; Italians; Japanese; Poles; Latins; Muslims; gays; women... am I missing anyone?

Yeah cool attempt at patronizing & gaslighting people's genuine concern with thousands of unvetted illegal aliens storming a nations border and then casually hiding behind your uninformed personal interpretation of asylum laws. 

If you had it your way the borders would be open to anyone claiming asylum to just freely enter and roam around until their claims are processed and thats insane, literally no other nation is supposed to do that but somehow in the feeble minds of liberals the USA is supposed to? 

Oh hell naw. 

7 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Yeah cool attempt at patronizing & gaslighting people's genuine concern with thousands of unvetted illegal aliens storming a nations border and then casually hiding behind your uninformed personal interpretation of asylum laws. 

If you had it your way the borders would be open to anyone claiming asylum to just freely enter and roam around until their claims are processed and thats insane, literally no other nation is supposed to do that but somehow in the feeble minds of liberals the USA is supposed to? 

Oh hell naw. 

He didn’t say that.  I hope your not American.  If you are, study USA  history, and go help stop the “invasion” ????

9 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Oh hell naw. 

Oh there is gaslighting... centuries of it. Be afraid... Be VERY afraid. Immigration has worked out soooo badly for the USA!!! 55555!!!

TALK about gaslighting... your whole second paragraph is a master-class!! NO ONE ON THE LEFT WANTS UNFETTERED IMMIGRATION. Just follow the rule of law OR change the laws when you have a super-majority... ooops missed the boat on that unpopular legislation... Why?

1 minute ago, Redline said:

He didn’t say that.  I hope your not American.  If you are, study USA  history, and go help stop the “invasion” ????

Oh so you're his spokesperson now? How cute ????

What part of American history do I need to read up on that states anyone can come in and out of a country whenever they want if they claim "Asylum".

Oh there is gaslighting... centuries of it. Be afraid... Be VERY afraid. Immigration has worked out soooo badly for the USA!!! 55555!!!

TALK about gaslighting... your whole second paragraph is a master-class!! NO ONE ON THE LEFT WANTS UNFETTERED IMMIGRATION. Just follow the rule of law OR change the laws when you have a super-majority... ooops missed the boat on that unpopular legislation... Why?

Do you not understand the difference between illegal immigration and legal immigration? 

Because what happened with the caravan is called illegal immigration. 

What my wife has in the USA is called legal immigration. 

Nobody said immigration is "sooooooo bad" but you. 

You say no one wants unfettered immigration but thats literally what you're advocating for, on top of which you're advocating for chaos at a nations border like they have some kind of right to do that. They dont, and never will. 

And the Trump admin is following the rule of law, just like the Obama administration. 

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

LOL what a joke of a post. Youre such a partisan hack its unreal. 

Like if you have children in tow and you bum rush the border you are exempt from tear gas? 

You think when obama's admin used tear gas it was only males rushing the border and getting gassed, but now since trump is in office its women and children and border patrol is targeting kids with tear gas canisters? 

Absurd. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-caravan-tear-gas-how-does-trump-compare-to-obama-immigration-2018-11

Ah... it’s still obamas fault... it’s all Obama’s fault... even when trump is seeking to overturn everything Obama (that’s the confusing bit).... and yet the obvious reality is that trump is not using live rounds, as is the case in Israel’s similar border violence,( surrounding immigration) and as such, he should be awarded a Nobel peace prize for gassing the wee kiddies... MAGA!

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-caravan-tear-gas-how-does-trump-compare-to-obama-immigration-2018-11

Ah... it’s still obamas fault... it’s all Obama’s fault... even when trump is seeking to overturn everything Obama (that’s the confusing bit).... and yet the obvious reality is that trump is not using live rounds, as is the case in Israel’s similar border violence,( surrounding immigration) and as such, he should be awarded a Nobel peace prize for gassing the wee kiddies... MAGA!

What? Obama used gas canisters and Trump also used gas canisters. 

Liberals are enraged that trump used gas canisters but weren't even aware Obamas Admin did the exact same. 

Im failing to see how you are making any kind of coherent point against what Im saying. Seems like youre agreeing with me. 

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Anybody can walk up to your door and knock and ask for help. If you react by punching them in the face rather than telling them, "sorry I can't help", it may be you with the problem.

You know, if your take is soooo good you wouldn't need to lie & make up stories about it. Because thats what youre doing right now, and that tells me that youre the one with the problem. 

33 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Oh so you're his spokesperson now? How cute ????

What part of American history do I need to read up on that states anyone can come in and out of a country whenever they want if they claim "Asylum".

Read the history of USA immigration, and the studies on how it has made America the greatest country in the world in innovation.  There has to be strong enforcement, but not misguided or illegal.  I guess the right is afraid the Hispanics are going to lock them up in 15 years ????  And, I am cute-nailed that part ????

17 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Anybody can walk up to your door and knock and ask for help. If you react by punching them in the face rather than telling them, "sorry I can't help", it may be you with the problem.

What if it was a mob throwing stones at your house? 

Would you still be so welcoming?

2 minutes ago, Redline said:

Read the history of USA immigration, and the studies on how it has made America the greatest country in the world in innovation.  There has to be strong enforcement, but not misguided or illegal.  I guess the right is afraid the Hispanics are going to lock them up in 15 years ????

The right knows that they left is importing their future voting block from foreign countries south of the border and lying about it, and they have their minions like yourself who will believe them. Nobody said immigration is bad, we say illegal immigration is bad. There is a difference and you refuse to acknowledge it and instead opt for insults. You are totally acknowledging my point here by your last sentence. 

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

We were aware it happened. We are also aware that using teargas against criminal individuals is different than than demonizing a caravan which has arrived in roughly the same numbers and demographics for 15 years and teargassing the group.

So Obama did it against criminals and Trump did it against non-criminals? You know thats a lie right? 

4 minutes ago, Longcut said:

What if it was a mob throwing stones at your house? 

Would you still be so welcoming?

So... in your analogy a few thousand people arriving at the border of a country of 350 million is equal to a mob showing up at my house... hmmm... lets look at the numbers... your assertation would mean if 1/7,000 of a person showed up at my house it would be a "MOB"... 555555 THAT'S funny!!

You DO realize that the caravans have come for 15-ish years and are only now dubbed an invasion. Previously they were just people to be processed under US law. Weird, eh?

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So... in your analogy a few thousand people arriving at the border of a country of 350 million is equal to a mob showing up at my house... hmmm... lets look at the numbers... your assertation would mean if 1/7,000 of a person showed up at my house it would be a "MOB"... 555555 THAT'S funny!!

You DO realize that the caravans have come for 15-ish years and are only now dubbed an invasion. Previously they were just people to be processed under US law. Weird, eh?

You cant even argue honestly. This is how I know that you and people like you are part of the problem. You and I both know if you need to resort to intellectual dishonesty then you dont have a good position on the issue. 

And no, caravans at this size and intensity is a new thing. Previously they were small and didnt gather much attention. 500 to 1000 people actually stormed the border this time and just the numbers of people that actually stormed the border this time (not the total people) is larger than most caravans in and of themselves. 

40 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

What? Obama used gas canisters and Trump also used gas canisters. 

Liberals are enraged that trump used gas canisters but weren't even aware Obamas Admin did the exact same. 

You seem to think we view 44 as you view 45... infallible. Not in the least. 44 was a great orator but a crappy pres in my opinion. He was a verbal populist, but a functional corporatist.

You seem to think we view 44 as you view 45... infallible. Not in the least. 44 was a great orator but a crappy pres in my opinion. He was a verbal populist, but a functional corporatist.

Pretty serious gymnastics you're doing around the issue right now. And I don't view Trump as infallible, I just despise modern liberalism so much I would vote for Satan himself before voting for even a moderate Democrat. 

But Trumps got the right idea on immigration. His infallible on that issue.

8 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

You cant even argue honestly. This is how I know that you and people like you are part of the problem. You and I both know if you need to resort to intellectual dishonesty then you dont have a good position on the issue. 

And no, caravans at this size and intensity is a new thing. Previously they were small and didnt gather much attention. 500 to 1000 people actually stormed the border this time and just the numbers of people that actually stormed the border this time (not the total people) is larger than most caravans in and of themselves. 

Have you ever heard of tetherball? You may need a tether to reality and facts.

Immigration - legal AND illegal is near lowest ever. The USA is the safest it had been in its short history.

The biggest threat to the country is humongous deficit, welfare for the rich, and giant, unnecessary military incursions sucking out any funding to benefit working people and small business, not the powerless Latins wandering about or entering the country.

9 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

I just despise modern liberalism so much I would vote for Satan himself before voting for even a moderate Democrat. 

Ok. Fair enough. You are just irrational and would spite an entire nation and its most vulnerable people over the mental masturbation of  ideology. Good to know.

Ok. Fair enough. You are just irrational and would spite an entire nation and its most vulnerable people over the mental masturbation of  ideology. Good to know.

Im not spiting an entire nation, only about half of it.

And youre god damn right. 

When you vote liberal democrat you do the same to me and my way of life and what I believe in, and you couldn't care less so don't expect me to care either. 

12 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Have you ever heard of tetherball? You may need a tether to reality and facts.

Immigration - legal AND illegal is near lowest ever. The USA is the safest it had been in its short history.

The biggest threat to the country is humongous deficit, welfare for the rich, and giant, unnecessary military incursions sucking out any funding to benefit working people and small business, not the powerless Latins wandering about or entering the country.

Nice spin.

Archived