Mexico calls for 'full investigation' of U.S. tear gas at border

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Im not spiting an entire nation, only about half of it.

And youre god damn right. 

When you vote liberal democrat you do the same to me and my way of life and what I believe in, and you couldn't care less so don't expect me to care either. 

It is not a black and white world mon ami. I'd wager we agree on more than we disagree on. Taking a hard-line ideological position leaves little room for your fellow Americans who may see things just a few degrees different than you.

In my day-to-day life I am constantly interacting with people I have little to no use for but somehow I manage to work with them to achieve positive outcomes for all.

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

You know, if your take is soooo good you wouldn't need to lie & make up stories about it. Because thats what youre doing right now, and that tells me that youre the one with the problem. 

It's simple! What part of, You must apply at a port of entry for Asylum do the people who condone lawlessness not understand! If you cross anywhere else it's a crime.   Wait in line, it's legal! If you cross somewhere else ,good chance your gonna get deterred !It's about time my GOV.stopped this lawlessness!

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

It's simple! What part of, You must apply at a port of entry for Asylum do the people who condone lawlessness not understand! If you cross anywhere else it's a crime.   Wait in line, it's legal! If you cross somewhere else ,good chance your gonna get deterred !It's about time my GOV.stopped this lawlessness!

They ARE applying at a point of entry. So no worries!! All a big nada-burger. Recall the troops!! Lol!, 5555!

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

What if it was a mob throwing stones at your house? 

Would you still be so welcoming?

Good point! If your referring to the mob as the 500 plus that rushed the border, a vast majority were detained on the Mexican side and are being deported for committing violence . Throwing rocks and bottles at police is a serious offense.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46339085

Just now, riclag said:

Good point! If your referring to the mob as the 500 plus that rushed the border, a vast majority were detained on the Mexican side and are being deported for committing violence . Throwing rocks and bottles at police is a serious offense.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46339085

Yes... good point. If the caravan arrived at my door in the same proportion to USA population they would be smaller than an ant. Scary. So hard to deal with. Whatever will we do? Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

They ARE applying at a point of entry. So no worries!! All a big nada-burger. Recall the troops!! Lol!, 5555!

The Troops where used to enhance and support logistics. A brilliant move!

My country has the local police and 19k of CBP , to do the law enforcement! If need be the Military police will be used to protect the soldiers if they are in danger of being harmed while attempting their duties of recon and setting barriers! I'm so proud of my government stance 

11 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Why do you insist on lying? Like why lie when there is video evidence of over 500 people trying to illegally and forcibly enter the country? That is not applying for asylum. Its mind boggling that you keep saying they are applying at a port of entry like they are all standing single file waiting to fill out the forms. 

https://twitter.com/emmamurphyitv/status/1066785535937654784

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes... good point. If the caravan arrived at my door in the same proportion to USA population they would be smaller than an ant. Scary. So hard to deal with. Whatever will we do? Be afraid. Be very afraid.

My country must make a stand!This lawlessness is a precursor for future violence ! 

Millions more want to come

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244655/central-americans-among-millions.aspx

2 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

What? Obama used gas canisters and Trump also used gas canisters. 

Liberals are enraged that trump used gas canisters but weren't even aware Obamas Admin did the exact same. 

Im failing to see how you are making any kind of coherent point against what Im saying. Seems like youre agreeing with me. 

Or... I’m pointing out that just because Obama did it,  it’s not an excuse for trump to do it.... when will trumpists own their own bad, instead of blaming Obama for it.?

or... I’m pointing out (in the link), that Obama didn’t really do it to the extent that trump has done it, and therefore it’s a false equivalency.

or... I’m pointing out that nobody really heard about Obama doing it, because he didn’t do it as bad, otherwise we would all have heard about it, a la trump

or... I’m pointing out that trump fans will find excuse anywhere

or... I’m pointing out the hypocracy of trumpists decrying everything Obama... witness...  reversing the Obama era Paris accord, squashing Obama era national park deals, crushing Obama era international deals, smashing Obama era domestic reform... and yet, here they claim to emulate Obama ( even if most didn’t know Obama did this, prior to the GOP and it’s fake news allies, telling us all about it.).... surely in keeping with his (A45) performance to date, trump should act in an opposite manner to Obama.

or... I’m pointing out, thru sarcasm ( my bad), that your post is absurd, as it relies solely on the actions on another president, in a different situation, in a different time setting, to validate what the now government has chosen to do, in the now.... if y’all want to blame the ex president, perhaps y’all should also praise him for any good done by A45..... oh wait.... that’s right... What good?

but to agree with you... well... I certainly will when you post something agreeable

12 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Would you open your home to an illegal alien that you didnt know? Or are you gonna keep dodging the question. 

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Back that up.

And then demonstrate the previous administration used tear gas against children.

Tear gas usage at the border by year (because border patrol keeps records):

2012: 26 times

2013: 27 times

2014: 15 times

2015: 8 times

2016: 3 times

2017: 18 times

If you would read the article and other reports, you would see that there are very few women and children present (except in the mind's eye of "certain reporters with an agenda") and that they were being used as a human shield. You know, same as the Palestinians do.

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

The Troops where used to enhance and support logistics. A brilliant move!

My country has the local police and 19k of CBP , to do the law enforcement! If need be the Military police will be used to protect the soldiers if they are in danger of being harmed while attempting their duties of recon and setting barriers! I'm so proud of my government stance 

Good for you. Money well spent, eh. 5555555! What a difference it made!! Not like a few border guards and a little teargas wouldn't work!! ????

1 minute ago, cooked said:

Tear gas usage at the border by year (because border patrol keeps records):

2012: 26 times

2013: 27 times

2014: 15 times

2015: 8 times

2016: 3 times

2017: 18 times

If you would read the article and other reports, you would see that there are very few women and children present (except in the mind's eye of "certain reporters with an agenda") and that they were being used as a human shield. You know, same as the Palestinians do.

9 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Why do you insist on lying? Like why lie when there is video evidence of over 500 people trying to illegally and forcibly enter the country? That is not applying for asylum. Its mind boggling that you keep saying they are applying at a port of entry like they are all standing single file waiting to fill out the forms. 

https://twitter.com/emmamurphyitv/status/1066785535937654784

Uhm... you believe they would rush the entry if it were NOT being closed? Read the words of Mr. Scott regarding how easy orderly processing is. Or, if you don't believe him read up on the ops he referred to. But, of course, you have the right to be afraid.

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Good for you. Money well spent, eh. 5555555! What a difference it made!! Not like a few border guards and a little teargas wouldn't work!! ????

Best leave the planning and tactics up to the border authorities ! They have more experience  at keeping illegals and violent people  out while  protecting my country!  

2 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Would you open your home to an illegal alien that you didnt know? Or are you gonna keep dodging the question. 

Who is opening their home to an illegal alien?

is this question representative of either side of the argument?

who are the “illegal” aliens you talk of?

If you know any illegal aliens, as an uptight citizen, you should report them... it’s the law... unless your in a sanctuary city, isn’t it?

anyway... moving forward, the question can be re written to ask; would you open your house to a stranger?

answer... no... would you? And more importantly, has anyone really been asked to open their homes to a stranger?

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Best leave the planning and tactics up to the border authorities ! They have more experience  at keeping illegals and violent people  out while  protecting my country!  

Now that’s great advise that should have been given to donal, vs Mike.....

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Read the words of Mr. Scott regarding how easy orderly processing is.

Im sorry but I couldn't care less what "Mr. Scott" thinks, and he is by no means a subject matter expert, and furthermore from what I gather we have worked in some of the same fields within the gov. 

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Uhm... you believe they would rush the entry if it were NOT being closed?

LOL so they can storm the border if the US closes it? Thats your logic and justification? And you dont see how insane that sounds???

9 minutes ago, mikebike said:

But, of course, you have the right to be afraid.

Afraid? 

Ok, Mr Hero, how many are you taking in? 

8 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Understood. We MUST be fearful of the powerless. We must flick off the flea that itches while we let the malignancy grow. Jawohl. 

There are millions of powerless actual Americans within our borders already, yet these illegal aliens get more help and assistance then some of our own citizens and cost the country billions of dollars and thats totally ok with you because of your ideology. 

12 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

If I were a nation of 350 million, ostensibly the greatest, most powerful, nation on earth, I wouldn't be trembling at a few thousand peeps at my border like a victim of Jigsaw...

I was in Cortez in about 2004-5 with my wife on a bike tour of 4 corners/southwest and stopped a biker bar around Mesa Verde. As soon as we entered the bar 2 locals started buying us Jagger-bombs. We drank with them for hours and accepted their generous offer to crash at their place as we were in no shape to get back on our bikes... Turns out one of them was recently released for a beating with tire iron and 200 stitches to an innocent on a 72 hour meth run... still ankle bracleted... Nicest folks we ever met.

Life is not a highway, its a narrow winding road. You never know what you'll find but being afraid NEVER helps.

24 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Im sorry but I couldn't care less what "Mr. Scott" thinks, and he is by no means a subject matter expert, and furthermore from what I gather we have worked in some of the same fields within the gov. 

So... didn't bother to read up on the ops but felt confident in ignorantly replying. Hint... They WERE as successful as he stated.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

We would close it and we'll keep it closed if we're going to have a problem. We’ll keep it closed for a long period of time," Trump said.

You are the problem, trump.

The thing you should keep closed is your mouth.

22 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

There are millions of powerless actual Americans within our borders already, yet these illegal aliens get more help and assistance then some of our own citizens and cost the country billions of dollars and thats totally ok with you because of your ideology. 

Yes, we get it. USA carries an oversize portion of its own population in poverty. A few more (incidentally statistically more productive) is a heinous burden for America. Yet other, less successful nations can pull it off. How do they do it? How did the USA do it for a couple of centuries?

You are, of course, aware that capitalism REQUIRES a pool a cheap (almost slave), available labor to function, right?

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, what utter nonsense comes out of the guy's mouth, yet millions of Americans support him, albeit the minority, who seem to believe they are the majority - go figure

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, what utter nonsense comes out of the guy's mouth, yet millions of Americans support him, albeit the minority- go figure

8 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes, we get it. USA carries an oversize portion of its own population in poverty. A few more (incidentally statistically more productive) is a heinous burden for America. Yet other, less successful nations can pull it off. How do they do it? How did the USA do it for a couple of centuries?

You are, of course, aware that capitalism REQUIRES a pool a cheap (almost slave), available labor to function, right?

Gawd you just make-it-up as you go dont ya. 

Archived