Video: Shooting at temple fair in Phitsanulok leaves helper dead

webfact

Video: Shooting at temple fair in Phitsanulok leaves helper dead

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Police in Phitsanulok are looking for two young Thai man after a man helping at a temple fair in the northern Thai city was shot dead on Monday night. 

Doctors at Phromphiram Hospital alerted police when thirty year old Amphon was brought in by his father. 

He had been shot in the chest by a shotgun. He was transferred to Phuttachinrat Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 1.45 am Tuesday. 

A bullet had punctured a lung and main artery. 

His father Jarun, 58, said that his son was helping out in the car park at the temple of Wat Klong Kae Tawan Ork where there was a celebration for an abbot. 

After some music and a Likay performance finished he heard a shot and rushed to an area by the crematorium where he found his son.

Yesterday at 9am police and forensics were poring over the scene looking for evidence. 

They found blood and shell casings.

They will be helped by a video taken on a phone by a woman who started filming when an argument broke out. 

Phromphiram police are looking for two men who they believe can help them with their inquiries, reported Sanook.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-28

Jaew is one of our usual workers but she did not come again today and probably won't for a few days. Sadly, it is because the young man killed was her nephew. This is my neck of the woods and according to the bamboo grapevine, this is what happened.

The nephew always helped out at the local temple by directing traffic when there was a celebration of some sort. He had an altercation with a 16-year old boy who then shot him. The shooter and his friend then dumped the weapon by the Naresuan Dam.

Will have to wait and see who the police round up.

spraying driveway.JPG

Shooting Update:

The teenage shooter has been located and released to his parents. The victim's family will not burn the body until a settlement can be reached between both families involved. 

Even though, I have lived in Thailand for years this common Thai reaction to a tragedy still confuses me...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:07 AM, missoura said:

Shooting Update:

The teenage shooter has been located and released to his parents. The victim's family will not burn the body until a settlement can be reached between both families involved. 

Even though, I have lived in Thailand for years this common Thai reaction to a tragedy still confuses me...

Everything has a value / price in Thailand..... 

Archived