Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Pattaya high season hotel bookings well down on 2017 - but there could be a reason say THA

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

You have told us previoulsy that Chinese tourists represent less than 5% of your customer base. Since you don't target the Chinese market it comes as no surprise that you haven't seen Chinese tourists spending at the same level as your anecdotaal one off, well above average UK tourist you claim to have seen recently.....why are you surprised!   

Oh I see so in that 5% there can not be the “ average Chinese “?

 

the only anecdote are your endless rants when you are totally clueless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BestB said:

How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand ?

 

furthermore let’s say out of 1 million Chinese , how many considered “average” ?

 

I just had a guest from UK for 21 days who has dropped about 250000 baht not including travel and board.

 

So that’s about 4 tones of your average Chinese .

 

No doubt you or your cheer leader will tell me this is not average but then I am yet to have a Chinese who would spend 1/10 of that

 

unless of course your theory is that all those buses carry average Chinese , that would explain 7-11 stores running out of mama noodles on daily basis.

You should read a link before posting fake news about it. 

Chinese Spending on overseas travel per person in Thailand $2026(66,858 baht)  Page 14 in the linked article. 

 

Now say you are sorry and will actually read before commenting next time.😜

https://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsenglobal/cn/docs/Outbound Chinese Tourism and Consumption Trends.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Average Chinese tourist spends 67,000 baht per vacation.  Mine is not anecdotal evidence by a bigoted anti Asian who can no longer afford Thailand it is from Nielsen.com.

https://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsenglobal/cn/docs/Outbound Chinese Tourism and Consumption Trends.pdf

 

Unfortunately you have to drill down a bit to pick the truth out of this document.

 

Average spend per tourist per destination is very revealing. US top with $4462 per head. Thailand bottom of the list at $2026 per head.

 

Thailand attracts the bottom of the barrel Chinese tourists as it's considered a cheap destination but not with the attractions wealthy Chinese crave. They are selfie crazy. Why take a selfie with yet another temple (which they have in their own country) when they can have a selfie with the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Tower Bridge, Nelsons Column, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Piza or any number of landmarks that are new and unlike anything in China and world famous? 

 

We don't get the big spending Chinese visitors here and never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh I see so in that 5% there can not be the “ average Chinese “?

 

the only anecdote are your endless rants when you are totally clueless 

Others will no doubt find it more than slightly odd that your esteemed residence manages to attract a single THB 250K++ UK based spending tourist but some how doesn't see a single Chinese tourist who is willing to spend more than 5,800 per day....perhaps time to revisit your marketing strategy and treatment of Chinese guests perhaps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately you have to drill down a bit to pick the truth out of this document.

 

Average spend per tourist per destination is very revealing. US top with $4462 per head. Thailand bottom of the list at $2026 per head.

 

Thailand attracts the bottom of the barrel Chinese tourists as it's considered a cheap destination but not with the attractions wealthy Chinese crave. They are selfie crazy. Why take a selfie with yet another temple (which they have in their own country) when they can have a selfie with the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Tower Bridge, Nelsons Column, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Piza or any number of landmarks that are new and unlike anything in China and world famous? 

 

We don't get the big spending Chinese visitors here and never will.

Compared to the average Falang posting in the income letter debate I'd say the Chinese were the big spenders.  I think one has to compare apples to apples or Thai visitors to Thai visitors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You should read a link before posting fake news about it. 

Chinese Spending on overseas travel per person in Thailand $2026(66,858 baht)  Page 14 in the linked article. 

 

Now say you are sorry and will actually read before commenting next time.😜

https://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsenglobal/cn/docs/Outbound Chinese Tourism and Consumption Trends.pdf

 

Sorry for what? let me repeat since you missed it the first time, how many are average?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Others will no doubt find it more than slightly odd that your esteemed residence manages to attract a single THB 250K++ UK based spending tourist but some how doesn't see a single Chinese tourist who is willing to spend more than 5,800 per day....perhaps time to revisit your marketing strategy and treatment of Chinese guests perhaps! 

Yes you keep ranting on about marketing, which you clearly have no clue about what so ever,

 

Next...:coffee1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately you have to drill down a bit to pick the truth out of this document.

 

Average spend per tourist per destination is very revealing. US top with $4462 per head. Thailand bottom of the list at $2026 per head.

 

Thailand attracts the bottom of the barrel Chinese tourists as it's considered a cheap destination but not with the attractions wealthy Chinese crave. They are selfie crazy. Why take a selfie with yet another temple (which they have in their own country) when they can have a selfie with the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Tower Bridge, Nelsons Column, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Piza or any number of landmarks that are new and unlike anything in China and world famous? 

 

We don't get the big spending Chinese visitors here and never will.

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

The majority of Chinese tourists are budget tourists, driven around like cattle in a truck from event to event.

 

The majority is also poor, otherwise they wouldn't be budget toursits, so why would they be bigger spenders than those from countries with a much higher net worth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

And this kind of post is the perfect example of what clueless looks and sounds like.

 

How exactly do you know how much person spends? How does Nielsens know how much person spends?

 

Do they visit bars to get itemized bills? or every market stall, retail shop,gogo bar, club, clinic, hotel, taxi driver,  etc etc etc.

 

How exactly they have arrived at exact number, especially in a country where a HUGE number of businesses not only not registered at all, but hardly anyone pays real taxes as hiding income is just too easy

 

These are based either on data provided by the some government agency or a sample survey of selected limited number of people.

 

But please carry on.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

Which the quoted pdf doesn't address at all. It's about Chinese tourists abroad, doesn't mention other nationalities. Complete deflection. Can I have my "gigar" now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sorry for what? let me repeat since you missed it the first time, how many are average?

You wrote, "How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand"  I told you to read the article look at page 14.  Plus If you don't know what average means go back to primary school.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You wrote, "How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand"  I told you to read the article look at page 14.  Plus If you don't know what average means go back to primary school.  

Nice one, try quoting the entire post, not only what suits your agenda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

Which the quoted pdf doesn't address at all. It's about Chinese tourists abroad, doesn't mention other nationalities. Complete deflection. Can I have my "gigar" now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BestB said:

And this kind of post is the perfect example of what clueless looks and sounds like.

 

How exactly do you know how much person spends? How does Nielsens know how much person spends?

 

Do they visit bars to get itemized bills? or every market stall, retail shop,gogo bar, club, clinic, hotel, taxi driver,  etc etc etc.

 

How exactly they have arrived at exact number, especially in a country where a HUGE number of businesses not only not registered at all, but hardly anyone pays real taxes as hiding income is just too easy

 

These are based either on data provided by the some government agency or a sample survey of selected limited number of people.

 

But please carry on.......

250,000 household panelists across 25 countries use in-home scanners to record their purchases from each shopping trip. And the scanner-based sales and causal information we gather each week from thousands of retail outlets helps identify the “why” as well as the “what” behind consumer product purchases.

 

This is how information is gathered today.  Australia's Monthly Population Survey for example.  You probably believe they query every person in Australia.  Welcome to 2018 = they don't.  They survey.  Sorry if you don't accept living in today.s world with today's information technology. 

 

It is impossible to speak with a contemporary person with an 1800's mindset and education.  I understand how life must be difficult for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...