BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Pattaya high season hotel bookings well down on 2017 - but there could be a reason say THA

Just now, marcusarelus said:

This company was founded in 1923 in Chicago by Arthur C. Nielsen Sr. in order to give marketers reliable and objective information on the impact of marketing and sales programs. ACNielsen began expanding internationally in 1939, and now operates in more than 100 countries.

It has no products that it advertises. 

Google is your friend spidey. 

It's clients do.

I am your friend Marcusaurelius.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

As per your request.  The entire post. 

My response is look on page 14 or the link.  Where you will find the information on Chinese spending in Thailand.  Some spend more that 60,000, some spend less than 60,000 but the average Chinese tourist spends 60,000 baht in Thailand per vacation. 

May be third time lucky, "furthermore let’s say out of 1 million Chinese , how many considered “average” ?

Just now, BestB said:

May be third time lucky, "furthermore let’s say out of 1 million Chinese , how many considered “average” ?

From my experience, most of them are a bit on the short side.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Stop deflecting and making up stories, Answer simple question. Out of 1 million how many would be "an average"

Also answer why Chinese Tourism Academy and biggest OTA in China puts "average" spending at 1/3 of your "facts" ie 24000 baht.

There would be no average with one.  You need at least two to compute an average.  If two Chinese come to Thailand and one spends 10 baht and the other 20 baht the average would be 15 baht. 

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

There would be no average with one.  You need at least two to compute an average.  If two Chinese come to Thailand and one spends 10 baht and the other 20 baht the average would be 15 baht. 

So in lament terms you do not have a clue, Roger that

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So what was the point of this survey? What was the client advertising?

Nothing. 

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So what was the point of this survey? What was the client advertising?

No advertising.  That's what I've been trying to tell you.  Neilsons is not an advertising company.

This survey on Chinese tourists' overseas spending and payment was a one-for-one in-depth online survey by Nielsen, commissioned by Alipay. The results of the survey do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the commissioning party. All data collected and presented was based on the basic conditions of the populations and was only intended to be used for the purpose of this survey. Nielsen Consumer Finance Research Team designed this survey and based its opinions on it in an attempt to provide a reference material for the general market, the industry, and the general public.

29 minutes ago, BestB said:

Stop deflecting and making up stories, Answer simple question. Out of 1 million how many would be "an average"

Also answer why Chinese Tourism Academy and biggest OTA in China puts "average" spending at 1/3 of your "facts" ie 24000 baht.

886 times 33 = 29,000 Based on these numbers, this would put the potential spending by Chinese tourists in Thailand this year in the range of $8.86 billion. 

So, tell me what other group of tourists will spend 9 billion in Thailand? 

https://jingtravel.com/thailand-expects-10-million-chinese-tourists-also-plans-attract-high-end-visitors/

886 times 33 = 29,000 Based on these numbers, this would put the potential spending by Chinese tourists in Thailand this year in the range of $8.86 billion. 

So, tell me what other group of tourists will spend 9 billion in Thailand? 

https://jingtravel.com/thailand-expects-10-million-chinese-tourists-also-plans-attract-high-end-visitors/

What does how little each one spends now has to do with total number of tourists.

Yes they use to come in large numbers and spend very little for such a large number.

This is not even backpackers budget, 

What other group? the other 20 million tourists who spend by far more than 29000 baht.

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

What does how little each one spends now has to do with total number of tourists.

Yes they use to come in large numbers and spend very little for such a large number.

This is not even backpackers budget, 

What other group? the other 20 million tourists who spend by far more than 29000 baht.

You only take the total to the bank.  4 Chinese stay in a room and you get paid for the room.  Who cares how much per person.  How many Brits come to Thailand is irrelevant.  How much they spend is.  Thailand wants less people with more money but that has never happened and I doubt it ever will.  You think your survey is accurate and I think Neilson is but one way or the other it's around 8 billion and it is from China.

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You only take the total to the bank.  4 Chinese stay in a room and you get paid for the room.  Who cares how much per person.  How many Brits come to Thailand is irrelevant.  How much they spend is.  Thailand wants less people with more money but that has never happened and I doubt it ever will.  You think your survey is accurate and I think Neilson is but one way or the other it's around 8 billion and it is from China.

Stop deflecting and and making up stories as you go.

Just before you were proclaiming how much money 10 million chinese spend as a whole and no one else does, now you proclaiming how many come is irrelevant.

And whats this nonsense about Thailand wanting less people with more money? did you just make this up?

Thailand loves big numbers and aspires to big numbers, it all about hitting growth in numbers.

Of course you think Nilesen is, because it suits your agenda, actual reality is of no concern to you and would make you look foolish 

16 pages of Pattaya bashing , and by the usual members. 

I think most of them are upset about Pattaya because of the new immigration rules, or if they own a business. 

For the rest of us , Pattaya is the only place we want to live in Thailand.

CM too boring , Bangkok too crowded and polluted. Hua Hin boring. 

14 minutes ago, BestB said:

Stop deflecting and and making up stories as you go.

Just before you were proclaiming how much money 10 million chinese spend as a whole and no one else does, now you proclaiming how many come is irrelevant.

And whats this nonsense about Thailand wanting less people with more money? did you just make this up?

Thailand loves big numbers and aspires to big numbers, it all about hitting growth in numbers.

Of course you think Nilesen is, because it suits your agenda, actual reality is of no concern to you and would make you look foolish 

The re-emergence of the Thai Elite Card is indicative of Thailand’s push to become a luxury tourism destination. 

http://sea-globe.com/wanted-wealthy-tourists-thailand-tourism-thai-elite-card-tourists/

Thailand has been going on and on for years trying to make Thailand a luxury destination and every year when a new Tourism Minister is appointed we hear the same stuff.  More quality tourists.  If you had lived here for a while you would know this. 

Neilson is a very big, old and accurate company trusted the world over and they don't make mistakes.  People pay them big bucks to be right because they don't sell a product they sell information and if the information is wrong they don't make money. 

Thailand is increasing its appeal to luxury travelers.

It's the fourth-most-profitable tourism destination in the world.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-10/travelers-spend-more-money-in-thailand-than-anywhere-else-in-asia

I know you are new to Thailand but try google "Thailand wants to become luxury tourist destination"

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Did your friend Google tell you that? or you have gained this knowledge through personal experience?

Personal experience and anecdotal evidence is seldom accurate and I almost never use it.  Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences.

Personal experience and anecdotal evidence is seldom accurate and I almost never use it.  Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences.

Personal experience? so you own business in Pattaya and Phuket and know what is happening in both towns at the same time?

Yes, no doubt faceless statistics are more accurate.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior with no personal knowledge or experience

1 minute ago, Kim J said:

But the discussion is not about how much Chinese tourists are spending. The discussion is about numbers of hotel bookings in Pattaya! The cost of those rooms and what tourists spend whilst here is completely irrelevant to the discussion. But I will refer you back to your post No 179 in the discussion, and for some unknown reason you introduced statistics on tourists spending power.

Are you trying to deny bookings are down? Or what else are you trying to say? Maybe you could enlighten us, because your postings are becoming ever more confusing.

Not confusing but erratic.;)