BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Pattaya high season hotel bookings well down on 2017 - but there could be a reason say THA

1 hour ago, madmen said:
1 hour ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:
They absolutely dont in the low end. You can get even 10% discount if you pay cash like guest houses.

You must be kidding. Not a single guest house in the country will except credit cards , beads or shells. It's always always cash

There are several hundred guest houses that can be booked using Agoda or similar, all of which accept credit cards!

8 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

National Parks for two, Royal Palace for three, and so on.

Uninteresting for most people. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

Uninteresting for most people. 

The majority of national parks we've been to have been simply outstanding, The royal palace gets a bit old after showing it to overseas visitors half a dozen times!

7 hours ago, madmen said:
8 hours ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:
They absolutely dont in the low end. You can get even 10% discount if you pay cash like guest houses.

You must be kidding. Not a single guest house in the country will except credit cards , beads or shells. It's always always cash

I was sure an "inn" I stay at in Thailand is cash only, as the OTA's will let me book there but state that one pays cash upon arrival.

I finally asked though and found out they would do a cc for 3% fee. (A hotel in Vietnam same thing).

(I get more than that back from the cc so I used it).

4 hours ago, Kim J said:

May I be so bold as to refer you back to post No 325 in this thread. Reminding us all that this thread is about Pattaya hotel bookings?

Have you stopped gorging on Swiss cheese yet, Kim? 

7 hours ago, Kim J said:

Maybe so. But deal with the establishment direct and most will prefer cash.

Whenever I book a guesthouse with Agoda or booking.com it's always pay at guesthouse cash only.

There are several hundred guest houses that can be booked using Agoda or similar, all of which accept credit cards!
That's just to hold the booking. You pay cash when you get there.!

1 hour ago, madmen said:
11 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

That's just to hold the booking. You pay cash when you get there.!

Nonesence, there's plenty of ways to pay by credit card at either  guest houses directly or via booking sites beforehand, plenty.

Nonesence, there's plenty of ways to pay by credit card at either  guest houses directly or via booking sites beforehand, plenty.
Nope. 2 star hotels taking American express and visa.. To funny

On 11/29/2018 at 2:12 PM, SheungWan said:

You have a hard life.

Done my 50 years if tax paying. 

Now I'm doing Thai paying. lol

19 hours ago, johng said:
21 hours ago, ebean001 said:
Show your driver's license. then you get thai rates for entry.

Doesn't work everywhere ,Floating market Pattaya for one.

Used to be free entry a few years ago. 

Went upmarket and $$$ 

Aquarium has Thai prices and several levels of farang price. 

Depends on the document you show.

Same some of the parks.

Thai free, farang (Up to you).

Used to be free entry a few years ago. 
Went upmarket and $$$ 
Aquarium has Thai prices and several levels of farang price. 
Depends on the document you show.
Same some of the parks.
Thai free, farang (Up to you).
Used to get into floating market free but a few months ago went with our familly who were here and i had to pay,but afterwards went to the office,they took my pic and gave me a free vip pass,so now i get in free again ,cant wait unti next year when they come again :D

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Show your driver's license. then you get thai rates for entry.

Not always but worth a try.

I got knocked back very recently, but it was a newly opened and as of yet incomplete theme park and introductory prices were in play, double for foreigners with no exceptions. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, SheungWan said:

So then, from bad beach to no beach.

I never stayed in Pattaya for the beach. My username refers to the beaches of Koh Phangan, Railay, Koh Lanta etc.

The only reason I didn't stay on one for my last year in paradise was that I would have been too sad as I have all the best memories of my times on them, and knowing it was for the last time would have made me too melancholy to enjoy them.

I had never lived in Chiang Mai before, so there was not that problem to endure.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, simoh1490 said:

There are a couple of beaches next to reservoirs in Chiang Mai which have most of the attributes of a beach apart from salt water. A better option for us however is somewhere like Mountain Float which is a series of buildings on rafts that float out in the middle of the expansive Mae Ngud reservoir, a great place to go and eat and relax for the day when the weather is hot.

I don't remember the name, but there was a small reservoir north of C M where my wife and I used to go to eat in small huts on the water's edge, or picnic on the grass by the lake. Nice and relaxing only minutes away from the city madness.