Pattaya high season hotel bookings well down on 2017 - but there could be a reason say THA

webfact

39 minutes ago, BestB said:

How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand ?

furthermore let’s say out of 1 million Chinese , how many considered “average” ?

I just had a guest from UK for 21 days who has dropped about 250000 baht not including travel and board.

So that’s about 4 tones of your average Chinese .

No doubt you or your cheer leader will tell me this is not average but then I am yet to have a Chinese who would spend 1/10 of that

unless of course your theory is that all those buses carry average Chinese , that would explain 7-11 stores running out of mama noodles on daily basis.

You should read a link before posting fake news about it. 

Chinese Spending on overseas travel per person in Thailand $2026(66,858 baht)  Page 14 in the linked article. 

Now say you are sorry and will actually read before commenting next time.????

https://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsenglobal/cn/docs/Outbound Chinese Tourism and Consumption Trends.pdf

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Average Chinese tourist spends 67,000 baht per vacation.  Mine is not anecdotal evidence by a bigoted anti Asian who can no longer afford Thailand it is from Nielsen.com.

https://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsenglobal/cn/docs/Outbound Chinese Tourism and Consumption Trends.pdf

Unfortunately you have to drill down a bit to pick the truth out of this document.

Average spend per tourist per destination is very revealing. US top with $4462 per head. Thailand bottom of the list at $2026 per head.

Thailand attracts the bottom of the barrel Chinese tourists as it's considered a cheap destination but not with the attractions wealthy Chinese crave. They are selfie crazy. Why take a selfie with yet another temple (which they have in their own country) when they can have a selfie with the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Tower Bridge, Nelsons Column, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Piza or any number of landmarks that are new and unlike anything in China and world famous? 

We don't get the big spending Chinese visitors here and never will.

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh I see so in that 5% there can not be the “ average Chinese “?

the only anecdote are your endless rants when you are totally clueless 

Others will no doubt find it more than slightly odd that your esteemed residence manages to attract a single THB 250K++ UK based spending tourist but some how doesn't see a single Chinese tourist who is willing to spend more than 5,800 per day....perhaps time to revisit your marketing strategy and treatment of Chinese guests perhaps! 

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately you have to drill down a bit to pick the truth out of this document.

Average spend per tourist per destination is very revealing. US top with $4462 per head. Thailand bottom of the list at $2026 per head.

Thailand attracts the bottom of the barrel Chinese tourists as it's considered a cheap destination but not with the attractions wealthy Chinese crave. They are selfie crazy. Why take a selfie with yet another temple (which they have in their own country) when they can have a selfie with the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Tower Bridge, Nelsons Column, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Piza or any number of landmarks that are new and unlike anything in China and world famous? 

Compared to the average Falang posting in the income letter debate I'd say the Chinese were the big spenders.  I think one has to compare apples to apples or Thai visitors to Thai visitors. 

42 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You should read a link before posting fake news about it. 

Chinese Spending on overseas travel per person in Thailand $2026(66,858 baht)  Page 14 in the linked article. 

Now say you are sorry and will actually read before commenting next time.????

Sorry for what? let me repeat since you missed it the first time, how many are average?

34 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Others will no doubt find it more than slightly odd that your esteemed residence manages to attract a single THB 250K++ UK based spending tourist but some how doesn't see a single Chinese tourist who is willing to spend more than 5,800 per day....perhaps time to revisit your marketing strategy and treatment of Chinese guests perhaps! 

Yes you keep ranting on about marketing, which you clearly have no clue about what so ever,

Next...:coffee1:

37 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The issue is not which country the Chinese tourist spends the most money in, but, which nationality spends the most money per visit whilst on holiday in Thailand. The answwr to that question, in average terms, is the Chinese, a nice try at deflection Spidey but no gigar today! 

The majority of Chinese tourists are budget tourists, driven around like cattle in a truck from event to event.

The majority is also poor, otherwise they wouldn't be budget toursits, so why would they be bigger spenders than those from countries with a much higher net worth?

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

And this kind of post is the perfect example of what clueless looks and sounds like.

How exactly do you know how much person spends? How does Nielsens know how much person spends?

Do they visit bars to get itemized bills? or every market stall, retail shop,gogo bar, club, clinic, hotel, taxi driver,  etc etc etc.

How exactly they have arrived at exact number, especially in a country where a HUGE number of businesses not only not registered at all, but hardly anyone pays real taxes as hiding income is just too easy

These are based either on data provided by the some government agency or a sample survey of selected limited number of people.

But please carry on.......

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Which the quoted pdf doesn't address at all. It's about Chinese tourists abroad, doesn't mention other nationalities. Complete deflection. Can I have my "gigar" now?

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sorry for what? let me repeat since you missed it the first time, how many are average?

You wrote, "How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand"  I told you to read the article look at page 14.  Plus If you don't know what average means go back to primary school.  

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You wrote, "How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand"  I told you to read the article look at page 14.  Plus If you don't know what average means go back to primary school.  

Nice one, try quoting the entire post, not only what suits your agenda

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Which the quoted pdf doesn't address at all. It's about Chinese tourists abroad, doesn't mention other nationalities. Complete deflection. Can I have my "gigar" now?

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

And this kind of post is the perfect example of what clueless looks and sounds like.

How exactly do you know how much person spends? How does Nielsens know how much person spends?

Do they visit bars to get itemized bills? or every market stall, retail shop,gogo bar, club, clinic, hotel, taxi driver,  etc etc etc.

How exactly they have arrived at exact number, especially in a country where a HUGE number of businesses not only not registered at all, but hardly anyone pays real taxes as hiding income is just too easy

These are based either on data provided by the some government agency or a sample survey of selected limited number of people.

But please carry on.......

250,000 household panelists across 25 countries use in-home scanners to record their purchases from each shopping trip. And the scanner-based sales and causal information we gather each week from thousands of retail outlets helps identify the “why” as well as the “what” behind consumer product purchases.

This is how information is gathered today.  Australia's Monthly Population Survey for example.  You probably believe they query every person in Australia.  Welcome to 2018 = they don't.  They survey.  Sorry if you don't accept living in today.s world with today's information technology. 

It is impossible to speak with a contemporary person with an 1800's mindset and education.  I understand how life must be difficult for you. 

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

250,000 household panelists across 25 countries use in-home scanners to record their purchases from each shopping trip. And the scanner-based sales and causal information we gather each week from thousands of retail outlets helps identify the “why” as well as the “what” behind consumer product purchases.

This is how information is gathered today.  Australia's Monthly Population Survey for example.  You probably believe they query every person in Australia.  Welcome to 2018 = they don't.  They survey.  Sorry if you don't accept living in today.s world with today's information technology. 

It is impossible to speak with a contemporary person with an 1800's mindset and education.  I understand how life must be difficult for you. 

???????????? carry on, truly entertaining 

For some reason, i am willing to bet my house i have better education than you

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Wrong it mentions other countries that Chinese visit which is the point.  They spend 60,000 baht in Thailand and 120,000 in Thailand.  USA is a long ways away and gets the rich Chinese who can pay for the flight.  Thailand is close and gets the cheap Chinese who can pay for the bus. 

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Wrong it mentions other countries that Chinese visit which is the point.  They spend 60,000 baht in Thailand and 120,000 in Thailand.  USA is a long ways away and gets the rich Chinese who can pay for the flight.  Thailand is close and gets the cheap Chinese who can pay for the bus. 

Speaking of mindset and lack of education, Poster was not commenting how much Chinese spent in US, but how much other nationalities spend in Thailand

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Unfortunately, the survey was carried out by an American company for an undeclared client. US companies carrying out surveys have a long history of starting at the answer and working back to the question i.e. ask the client what he expects from the survey and make sure that the client gets what he wants. He who pays the piper calls the tune. This kind of survey is notoriously inaccurate, particularly when carried out by US companies.

Just ask yourself this, if the survey was done by in home scanners in Chinese homes, would those scanners be in middle/upper class homes or would the majority be in factory workers homes with the families living 10 to a room?

I'm afraid that the survey isn't worth the paper it's written on - not that it says much anyway.

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I guess scanners in China show little different figures, more like 1/3 of what your scanners show????????

Recently released data from the China Tourism Academy and Ctrip puts the average spending per Chinese international trip at $886

https://jingtravel.com/thailand-expects-10-million-chinese-tourists-also-plans-attract-high-end-visitors/

45 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Come on guys, think team. Is it which nationality spends the most money in Thailand or which country they spend the most in?

The survey (for what it's worth) gives no indication which nationality spends the most in Thailand but does indicate that the Chinese spend less in Thailand than any other country.

"They spend 60,000 baht in Thailand and 120,000 in Thailand."

You sound at the end of your tether Marcusaurelius, dazed and confused, time to dip out of the debate and let simoh1498 continue to argue that black is white.

24 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, the survey was carried out by an American company for an undeclared client. US companies carrying out surveys have a long history of starting at the answer and working back to the question i.e. ask the client what he expects from the survey and make sure that the client gets what he wants. He who pays the piper calls the tune. This kind of survey is notoriously inaccurate, particularly when carried out by US companies.

Just ask yourself this, if the survey was done by in home scanners in Chinese homes, would those scanners be in middle/upper class homes or would the majority be in factory workers homes with the families living 10 to a room?

I'm afraid that the survey isn't worth the paper it's written on - not that it says much anyway.

Sorry but you don't know anything about ACNielsen Corp.

For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics.  An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world's population.

More than 9,000 clients in more than 100 countries rely on ACNielsen's.

Not only is it worth the paper it is written on Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE:NLSN) today announced its fourth quarter and full year 2017 results. Revenues were $1,761 million for the fourth quarter of 2017, up 6.3%, or 4.2% on a constant currency basis, compared to the fourth quarter of 2016. Revenues were $6,572 million for the full year of 2017, up 4.2%, or 3.8% on a constant currency basis compared to 2016.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180208005374/en/Nielsen-Reports-4th-Quarter-Full-Year-2017

Try google before you post next time.  You will sound a bit less clueless.

Sorry but you don't know anything about ACNielsen Corp.

For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics.  An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world's population.

More than 9,000 clients in more than 100 countries rely on ACNielsen's.

Not only is it worth the paper it is written on Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE:NLSN) today announced its fourth quarter and full year 2017 results. Revenues were $1,761 million for the fourth quarter of 2017, up 6.3%, or 4.2% on a constant currency basis, compared to the fourth quarter of 2016. Revenues were $6,572 million for the full year of 2017, up 4.2%, or 3.8% on a constant currency basis compared to 2016.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180208005374/en/Nielsen-Reports-4th-Quarter-Full-Year-2017

Try google before you post next time.

Yes, they do very good business by giving the client the results it wants. As I said.

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Come on guys, think team. Is it which nationality spends the most money in Thailand or which country they spend the most in?

The survey (for what it's worth) gives no indication which nationality spends the most in Thailand but does indicate that the Chinese spend less in Thailand than any other country.

"They spend 60,000 baht in Thailand and 120,000 in Thailand."

You sound at the end of your tether Marcusaurelius, dazed and confused, time to dip out of the debate and let simoh1498 continue to argue that black is white.

10 million Chinese tourists spending 60,000 baht each in Thailand.  Who spends more?

10 million Chinese tourists spending 60,000 baht each in Thailand.

Which, per head ain't a lot. How much does the average American 2 week millionaire or Japanese businessman spend in Thailand? Never seen a Chinese tourist making it rain 100 baht notes in Sapphire.

I used to spend treble that when I came here on holiday. And that was just spending money.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

How does a link which talks in general terms and mentiones popular destinations for Chinese such as Australia translates into this is how much Chinese spend in Thailand ?

furthermore let’s say out of 1 million Chinese , how many considered “average” ?

I just had a guest from UK for 21 days who has dropped about 250000 baht not including travel and board.

So that’s about 4 tones of your average Chinese .

No doubt you or your cheer leader will tell me this is not average but then I am yet to have a Chinese who would spend 1/10 of that

unless of course your theory is that all those buses carry average Chinese , that would explain 7-11 stores running out of mama noodles on daily basis.

As per your request.  The entire post. 

My response is look on page 14 or the link.  Where you will find the information on Chinese spending in Thailand.  Some spend more that 60,000, some spend less than 60,000 but the average Chinese tourist spends 60,000 baht in Thailand per vacation. 

Neilsons has been in business for 90 years and increasing in volume and profit because the information they give clients is operable and correct. 

No the information they give let's the client tell the story it want's to tell.

You'll never make it big in advertising by telling the truth.

Just now, Spidey said:

No the information they give let's the client tell the story it want's to tell.

You'll never make it big in advertising by telling the truth.

This company was founded in 1923 in Chicago by Arthur C. Nielsen Sr. in order to give marketers reliable and objective information on the impact of marketing and sales programs. ACNielsen began expanding internationally in 1939, and now operates in more than 100 countries.

It has no products that it advertises. 

Google is your friend spidey. 

This company was founded in 1923 in Chicago by Arthur C. Nielsen Sr. in order to give marketers reliable and objective information on the impact of marketing and sales programs. ACNielsen began expanding internationally in 1939, and now operates in more than 100 countries.

It has no products that it advertises. 

Google is your friend spidey. 

It's clients do.

I am your friend Marcusaurelius.

Archived