Jump to content

Pattaya high season hotel bookings well down on 2017 - but there could be a reason say THA


webfact

Recommended Posts

Perhaps the word is out that Pattaya is no longer the place to go to. I used to love Pattaya, and stayed there many times, but the last couple of times made me change my mind on that. The traffic is horrible, the infrastructure is the same broken decrepitude it has been for the past couple of decades. Some pavements haven't been fixed for 30 years. Beach Rd floods after a normal shower because they can't work out how to drain water into the sea, the beach is vanishing, and everything is getting too expensive for the 10th rate experience one now gets in Pattaya.

How different it all is to the first time I rode down Beach Rd in the 90s. Then I thought I'd discovered paradise. Since then, too many bad councils, too much greed has ruined it. Even the girls are a turn off, as they spend all their time looking at their phones, and none on potential customers.

 

Can it be fixed- I doubt it. Bulldoze the whole place and start again, perhaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Georgie65 said:

Now if only we could get rid of the UK and European liberal/socialist, white trash, government mooching, alcoholic. sex tourist/pedophile, opportunist parasites! The UK and Europe are the real problem here in Pattaya and around Thailand... Believe that!!!!!! 👀 🇺🇸 🤘 🇹🇭

LOL. Without the "sex tourists", Pattaya wouldn't exist as a place anyone would want to go to. It was just a beach with a fishing village before it became mongers paradise.

Those that ignore history are doomed to make silly posts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whitemouse said:

I know people who are here 12 months a year, and they depend on high season income, they are not doing very well. 

I can't sympathise with them. Anyone farang that "invests" in LOS is just waiting to fail, and that has been known for decades, certainly as long as I had been holidaying in Thailand. Like they say, the way to make a small fortune in LOS is to start with a large one.

I once styed in a guest house owned by a Brit. He was an idiot and had no idea how to run a business in Thailand. My best experiences have been in establishments run by Thais.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps the word is out that Pattaya is no longer the place to go to. I used to love Pattaya, and stayed there many times, but the last couple of times made me change my mind on that. The traffic is horrible, the infrastructure is the same broken decrepitude it has been for the past couple of decades. Some pavements haven't ..

 

 

Yes yes, you posted many times your walks on Pattaya, counting pot holes.

 

You have been Pattaya bashing for a while. My guess is, you can't stay here for some reason. 

 

You do not live here, you are not here now. So what do you know? Nothing!

 

You take the crown of No1 Pattaya basher at TVF. I guess that's something lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't sympathise with them. Anyone farang that "invests" in LOS is just waiting to fail, and that has been known for decades, certainly as long as I had been holidaying in Thailand. Like they say, the way to make a small fortune in LOS is to start with a large one.

 

You put down Pattaya for 1 reason only - you lack means to live here.

Good! It's the small things that make me happy 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

 

You put down Pattaya for 1 reason only - you lack means to live here.

Good! It's the small things that make me happy 🙂

555555555555555555

I had the choice of anywhere to live in LOS for a year, and rejected Pattaya in favour of Chiang Mai. 

I note that you didn't address what I said in the post you quoted, but made a personal attack on me instead, when you know zero about me, other than my complaints about potholes, and even that is wrong, as my complaints were about the pavements.

Says much about you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

You do not live here, you are not here now. So what do you know? Nothing!

I think I know a bit more about the subject than you, with your 695 posts.

55555555555555555555

BTW, I used to live in Pattaya for a long time, in addition to many, many visits before and after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes, I get that but the invasion is complete, you can't get away from them. Went for a swim and lunch in the Areca Lodge last week. Mostly farangs with their farang wives, a few farangs with their Thai "girlfriends. Large group of young Indians spread round the pool and started acting like complete idiots. Really annoying. Most people, us included, packed up and left the pool area.

Sorry but I don't live in Pattaya anymore so I don't know.  What do young Indians do to act like complete idiots? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

555555555555555555

I had the choice of anywhere to live in LOS for a year, and rejected Pattaya in favour of Chiang Mai. 

I note that you didn't address what I said in the post you quoted, but made a personal attack on me instead, when you know zero about me, other than my complaints about potholes, and even that is wrong, as my complaints were about the pavements.

Says much about you.

So then, from bad beach to no beach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So then, from bad beach to no beach.

There are a couple of beaches next to reservoirs in Chiang Mai which have most of the attributes of a beach apart from salt water. A better option for us however is somewhere like Mountain Float which is a series of buildings on rafts that float out in the middle of the expansive Mae Ngud reservoir, a great place to go and eat and relax for the day when the weather is hot.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

555555555555555555

I had the choice of anywhere to live in LOS for a year, and rejected Pattaya in favour of Chiang Mai. 

I note that you didn't address what I said in the post you quoted, but made a personal attack on me instead, when you know zero about me, other than my complaints about potholes, and even that is wrong, as my complaints were about the pavements.

Says much about you.

CM is a s-hole because of the smoke and immigration.  Pattaya because of the tourists.  Pattaya has better food and shopping so that decides it for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, murraynz said:

there are definitely more indians coming to pattaya, than in previous years.

i cant understand why they mostly walk on the roads, then cross without looking-- very dangerous for motorcyclists.

Because that is how it works in India, they expect to be beeped at.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...