USA or Canadian tourist visa for Thai gf

I realize there are current threads similar. Briefly our situation (I realize it is her application not mine) I'm Australian live bkk on retirement extension. She thai and does not work. Together same condo on going lease bkk. She has had 3 tourist visas over 5 years and she has visited maybe 6 times, always sticking to conditions. Also numerous trips to Japan etc. She has little money in her bank. I have plenty of money/capital. So which country would I best try obtain her tourist visa

No misinterprete this. I used to use TV a lot. I still recommend it to many farang I chat with. I recall long time ago this particular forum was a busy info centre. My recent threads have had total zero replies about 3 diffent topics. In fact this current one was posted HOURS ago and still my post is most recent in All replies. Best I Google elsewhere.

It's 9 am Thursday morning in BKK so you expect a reply the first evening or you get mad?  There are certain individuals who are Masters in this sort of topic.  Not me.   I'm sure a master will be along shortly

She won't get a visa to the USA applying alone without seasoned money in her bankbook.   Some say even with 200,000 you don't get a visa.  Sone say if she is to good looking at interview she won't get a USA visa.   Does she have children here, property?  It's only 6500 ba to try.    I don't know about other countries. 

21 minutes ago, Elkski said:

It's 9 am Thursday morning in BKK so you expect a reply the first evening or you get mad?  There are certain individuals who are Masters in this sort of topic.  Not me.   I'm sure a master will be along shortly

She won't get a visa to the USA applying alone without seasoned money in her bankbook.   Some say even with 200,000 you don't get a visa.  Sone say if she is to good looking at interview she won't get a USA visa.   Does she have children here, property?  It's only 6500 ba to try.    I don't know about other countries. 

Thankyou for that info. I think you misinterpreted my comments about this forum. To clarify, I stated that my op was about 2pm yesterday. Point is over 5 hours later it was still second on list of threads after pinned topics. Meaning no one had posted in this forum for 5 hours on ANY topic. That seems significant change from years gone by.

One thing that will help her a lot is the fact that you are not American or Canadian.

She should make it as clear as possible in her application, along with evidence, that you have a strong relationship and have lived happily together in Bangkok for several years (if that is the case). This will help show she has good reason to return home.

Her previous visas for other countries will most definitely help.

I'd say she has a fair chance, even with limited personal savings. Make sure she explains how the trip will be financed.

With regard to which is easier to obtain, US or Canada: I don't know which is easier (I doubt if anyone knows) but I will say that the Canada visa application is the most difficult of any that my girlfriend has applied for, with USA coming a close second. They certainly don't make it easy! 

Thanks macahoom. When I helped her with first tourist visa (helped being code for me doing application and she signed it) was that I was living in Thailand on "retirement visa" and were travelling together etc etc. I provided very detailed travel itinerary, all fights to and within booked paid for etc. I even included future flights to places after we returned to los. I showed substantial financials and provided all in "my sponsor letter".

I guess I was curious if USA are interested in those things.

If any members are reading and looking for advice on visa for AU, there is excellent site. Something like " ozvisa....." Or just type Australian visa for Thai girlfriend "

Its not written by lawyer, its just written by guy with LOT of experience. I found it very helpful. I was wondering if there was similar site specifically regarding USA.

I agree with you regarding fact that I'm not American, live in bkk with long term visa etc might actually help. When I first took her to au, I built up her bank account over time and from memory (5 yrs ago) declared I had gifted her those funds. Again not sure how USA views this. Its about showing what they regard as important. Its not until your in serious relationship with a Thai you find out its not easy to travel. The list of countries you can visit include many south American countries, but not so cheap to fly to from bkk. Japan has been a godsend as we found out what a great joint it is. Go often.

For Canada, I recommend try a personal visit to the embassy in BKK and show proof of your past travels together, proof of your co-habitation, copies of paid tickets, hotels, etc. to Canada, copy of your eTA to Canada, you might get her a tourist visa. The embassy needs to be assured that she will return to Thailand on time. Aussies need an eTA to visit Canada.

12 hours ago, Banana7 said:

For Canada, I recommend try a personal visit to the embassy in BKK and show proof of your past travels together, proof of your co-habitation, copies of paid tickets, hotels, etc. to Canada, copy of your eTA to Canada, you might get her a tourist visa. The embassy needs to be assured that she will return to Thailand on time. Aussies need an eTA to visit Canada.

Thankyou. I didn't even know you could do to embassy. I assumed VSF did the process trendy building

Archived