Re-entry Permit

You can obtain your reentry permit at airport. Return before you setv expires and then get a 30 day extension. The reentry permit will be valid till your setv end date. 

Ha posted this at same time as ubon. BTW always take his advice over other mugs like me..

Edited by DrJack54
Error

1 minute ago, mosquitotweeter said:

Awesome, can i get the permit from the same place you make the extensions in Bangkok?

Yes, and at either airport on the way out.

IMPORTANT The re-entry permit only protects your current permitted to stay date, you don't get any extra days for the days you are out of the country.

For example say you are currently stamped until 30 Jan 19, if you leave Thailand and return on 10th January you will still be stamped until 30th January 2019. 

5 minutes ago, prb said:

Good morning,

Does this re-entry permit protects you from any hassles from immigration when you come back to the country?

Its exactly what it says it is, a re-entry permit, allowing you to leave and return during the original "Permitted to stay until" stamp. All the same immigration laws and requirements remain the same.

That's very interesting to know...I hadn't realised I could buy a single re-entry permit from airports...I have always gone to immigration to buy it. Can I get a permit from any airport that has international outbound flights? from Chiang Mai for example...going to Taipai? As long as I return within my original extension of stay, can I come back into Thailand at any date or is it limited to a month or two?

I know I need to report back to immigration within 24hrs of arrival.

9 minutes ago, Bert Jones said:

That's very interesting to know...I hadn't realised I could buy a single re-entry permit from airports...I have always gone to immigration to buy it. Can I get a permit from any airport that has international outbound flights? from Chiang Mai for example...going to Taipai? As long as I return within my original extension of stay, can I come back into Thailand at any date or is it limited to a month or two?

I know I need to report back to immigration within 24hrs of arrival.

Not all airports have re-entry permit desks.

Chiang Mai has one.

The desks are located after security prior to or just after the departure immigration desks (Don Mueang) dependent upon the airport.

Re-entry permits are also available at some of the larger border crossings as well.

• Thanks 1