BANGKOK 23 April 2019 05:55
loginwith

Ordering a phone Ali Express

On 11/29/2018 at 11:27 PM, daocat555 said:
I like the Honor 8X for people interested in a nice mid-range big screen phone.  I just wish loginwith would post what $220 phone he is interested in so we will know what style of phone he is looking at (compact? big screen? etc).

How about sharing, please, loginwith.

The phone was not relevant to my question :-)

Anyway, in the end I purchased a Mi Max 3. Nice phone, very good battery life, good price (9000). But also - very important - rootable with Magisk and has a decent "xda" community. I also looked at the Poco F1, but the notch was too big (and in my test the scrolling performance in Firefox was better in the Mi Max 3, despite the 636 in the Max 3 vs 845 in the Poco F1). Only downside so far: It is not stock Android, so it feels a bit more bloated. The Mi A2 (Android One) is very nice phone, but the battery ...

16 hours ago, loginwith said:

The phone was not relevant to my question 🙂

Anyway, in the end I purchased a Mi Max 3. Nice phone, very good battery life, good price (9000). But also - very important - rootable with Magisk and has a decent "xda" community. I also looked at the Poco F1, but the notch was too big (and in my test the scrolling performance in Firefox was better in the Mi Max 3, despite the 636 in the Max 3 vs 845 in the Poco F1). Only downside so far: It is not stock Android, so it feels a bit more bloated. The Mi A2 (Android One) is very nice phone, but the battery ...

I've been looking at the mi max 3, honor 8x max and the mate 20 X  but i would also appreciate being able to root the phone and debloat everything or install custom software to get it the way i like it

Huawei are very difficult if not impossible to get the bootloader unlock codes these days but i might have to consider it because they're isn't much available in those screen sizes (~7") with flagship spec internals and the mate 20 x blows everything away by quite a bit, especially in the camera department