Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 January 2019 11:16
snoop1130

Honda unveils new Civic

Recommended Posts

Honda unveils new Civic

By The Nation

 

civic2-8eb1.jpg

 

Honda Automobile (Thailand) has unveiled the New Honda Civic together with the introduction of new Honda CR-V 5-seat benzene-powered variant.

 

The company has also unveiled a new Honda Accord 10th generation for the first time in Thailand and the hybrid supercar Honda NSX at the 35th Thailand International Motor Expo 2018 at the Honda booth (A14) in Challenger Hall 2, Muang Thong Thani, ‪from November 30 to December 10‬.

 

Pitak Pruittisarikorn, the chief operating officer, said: “First, we are introducing a new Honda Civic, a sport premium sedan that is ready to bring you across to the next level of confidence. 

 

“This new model features an exclusive intelligent safety technology called Honda SENSING, a technology that will provide you with confidence on every journey you take. Honda Civic has been a number one sedan among Thai consumers and today we are offering them the next level of design with features allowing consumers to experience a truly sport spirit of Honda’s sport sedan icon.” 

 

The new Honda Civic is available as a TURBO RS priced at Bt1,219,000, TURBO priced at Bt1,104,000, 1.8 EL priced at Bt964,000 and 1.8E priced at Bt874,000. It is available in five colours including lunar silver metallic, modern steel metallic, crystal black pearl and two new colours – brilliant sporty blue metallic and platinum white pearl. For customers who are interested, the new vehicle is currently available to book during the Motor Expo and at Honda showrooms. The New Honda Civic will also be available ‪from January 12‬.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30359465

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lungstib said:

And they just go on growing, getting bigger and bigger with every model. Does it ever end?

index.jpg

I sometimes wonder just how much it would cost if Toyota or Honda were to produce a basic, but safe. small 4 seater car, with no radio, no electric window or electric mirrors, no central locking and no other fancy, unnecessary embellishments?  Could it be produced for under 500,000 baht and if so, surely there would be a market for it in the poorer Asia countries?

 

Of course everybody would like all of the extras, but, unfortunately they seem to be putting the price beyond many poorer people. Ideally, we do not require more cars on the Thai roads, but if it reduced the number of motor cycles and therefore many of the needless deaths, it would not be a bad thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new Civic looks great. They appear to be moving back to the original sporty lines of the 2000 Civic Coupe - the most highly praised Honda ever produced according to Honda blogs. Relatively few sold in Thailand and still see them around, going strong.

 

image.png.6020fda9f7b8bacc6c1354ac01764ccb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I sometimes wonder just how much it would cost if Toyota or Honda were to produce a basic, but safe. small 4 seater car, with no radio, no electric window or electric mirrors, no central locking and no other fancy, unnecessary embellishments?  Could it be produced for under 500,000 baht and if so, surely there would be a market for it in the poorer Asia countries?

 

Of course everybody would like all of the extras, but, unfortunately they seem to be putting the price beyond many poorer people. Ideally, we do not require more cars on the Thai roads, but if it reduced the number of motor cycles and therefore many of the needless deaths, it would not be a bad thing.

We are in the iPhone and gizmo era....

 

When it comes to gizmo stuff in LOS there will be more carnage, why, more time looking at a screen and fooling with it, and never understanding it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I sometimes wonder just how much it would cost if Toyota or Honda were to produce a basic, but safe. small 4 seater car, with no radio, no electric window or electric mirrors, no central locking and no other fancy, unnecessary embellishments?  Could it be produced for under 500,000 baht and if so, surely there would be a market for it in the poorer Asia countries?

 

Of course everybody would like all of the extras, but, unfortunately they seem to be putting the price beyond many poorer people. Ideally, we do not require more cars on the Thai roads, but if it reduced the number of motor cycles and therefore many of the needless deaths, it would not be a bad thing.

It's on the market since ages. Go to 

Www.dacia.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve noticed a 5 door Civic variant which incorporates the more modern and desirable 1.5 turbo engine rather than the old technology less powerful 1.8. I’ve never seen one on the road or in a dealership and thought this might have a lot of appeal (hatchback). Also interested in the CRV now it has a diesel but it is a puny 1.6 with quite a low power output for such a large suv,why? In uk press the diesel has bombed in Europe and they’re hardly selling any which may explain why it’s now in thailand . 1.7 million baht though. They’ve offered a petrol hybrid CRV to compensate for that poor reception but guess they’ll stick to flogging the engines no one else wants!

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I’ve noticed a 5 door Civic variant which incorporates the more modern and desirable 1.5 turbo engine rather than the old technology less powerful 1.8. I’ve never seen one on the road or in a dealership and thought this might have a lot of appeal (hatchback). Also interested in the CRV now it has a diesel but it is a puny 1.6 with quite a low power output for such a large suv,why? In uk press the diesel has bombed in Europe and they’re hardly selling any which may explain why it’s now in thailand . 1.7 million baht though. They’ve offered a petrol hybrid CRV to compensate for that poor reception but guess they’ll stick to flogging the engines no one else wants!

 

I thought that the 5-Door (Hatchback) with the 1.5Ltr Turbo can out in March 2017 ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 7:16 PM, snoop1130 said:

First, we are introducing a new Honda Civic, a sport premium sedan that is ready to bring you across to the next level of confidence. 

Confidence 🙄  confident that other people think you have more than you do, or you make more money.  Or, that your car won’t break down, or maybe you can accelerate faster through the red light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Henryford said:

Bigger and more expensive. The top model is nearly 30,000 GBP.

The was a thread some time ago which said " You know you're in Thailand when..........a Honda Civic is considered a luxury car".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I sometimes wonder just how much it would cost if Toyota or Honda were to produce a basic, but safe. small 4 seater car, with no radio, no electric window or electric mirrors, no central locking and no other fancy, unnecessary embellishments?  Could it be produced for under 500,000 baht and if so, surely there would be a market for it in the poorer Asia countries?

 

Of course everybody would like all of the extras, but, unfortunately they seem to be putting the price beyond many poorer people. Ideally, we do not require more cars on the Thai roads, but if it reduced the number of motor cycles and therefore many of the needless deaths, it would not be a bad thing.

Toyota Yaris, Mitsubishi Attrage, Nissan Almera and even a Mazda 2 are in that price range, and have most of the embellishments. IMHO their only drawbacks are the small motors and CVT transmissions, which has them struggling on mountain roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Has Honda retained the auto torque converter gearbox, or gone over to CVT?

I have CVT in mine (2016 Civic RS).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×