Honda unveils new Civic

snoop1130

Honda unveils new Civic

By The Nation

civic2-8eb1.jpg

Honda Automobile (Thailand) has unveiled the New Honda Civic together with the introduction of new Honda CR-V 5-seat benzene-powered variant.

The company has also unveiled a new Honda Accord 10th generation for the first time in Thailand and the hybrid supercar Honda NSX at the 35th Thailand International Motor Expo 2018 at the Honda booth (A14) in Challenger Hall 2, Muang Thong Thani, ‪from November 30 to December 10‬.

Pitak Pruittisarikorn, the chief operating officer, said: “First, we are introducing a new Honda Civic, a sport premium sedan that is ready to bring you across to the next level of confidence. 

“This new model features an exclusive intelligent safety technology called Honda SENSING, a technology that will provide you with confidence on every journey you take. Honda Civic has been a number one sedan among Thai consumers and today we are offering them the next level of design with features allowing consumers to experience a truly sport spirit of Honda’s sport sedan icon.” 

The new Honda Civic is available as a TURBO RS priced at Bt1,219,000, TURBO priced at Bt1,104,000, 1.8 EL priced at Bt964,000 and 1.8E priced at Bt874,000. It is available in five colours including lunar silver metallic, modern steel metallic, crystal black pearl and two new colours – brilliant sporty blue metallic and platinum white pearl. For customers who are interested, the new vehicle is currently available to book during the Motor Expo and at Honda showrooms. The New Honda Civic will also be available ‪from January 12‬.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30359465

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-28

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Lungstib said:

And they just go on growing, getting bigger and bigger with every model. Does it ever end?

index.jpg

I sometimes wonder just how much it would cost if Toyota or Honda were to produce a basic, but safe. small 4 seater car, with no radio, no electric window or electric mirrors, no central locking and no other fancy, unnecessary embellishments?  Could it be produced for under 500,000 baht and if so, surely there would be a market for it in the poorer Asia countries?

Of course everybody would like all of the extras, but, unfortunately they seem to be putting the price beyond many poorer people. Ideally, we do not require more cars on the Thai roads, but if it reduced the number of motor cycles and therefore many of the needless deaths, it would not be a bad thing.

4 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I sometimes wonder just how much it would cost if Toyota or Honda were to produce a basic, but safe. small 4 seater car, with no radio, no electric window or electric mirrors, no central locking and no other fancy, unnecessary embellishments?  Could it be produced for under 500,000 baht and if so, surely there would be a market for it in the poorer Asia countries?

Of course everybody would like all of the extras, but, unfortunately they seem to be putting the price beyond many poorer people. Ideally, we do not require more cars on the Thai roads, but if it reduced the number of motor cycles and therefore many of the needless deaths, it would not be a bad thing.

We are in the iPhone and gizmo era....

When it comes to gizmo stuff in LOS there will be more carnage, why, more time looking at a screen and fooling with it, and never understanding it.....

5 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

It's on the market since ages. Go to 

Www.dacia.co.uk

I’ve noticed a 5 door Civic variant which incorporates the more modern and desirable 1.5 turbo engine rather than the old technology less powerful 1.8. I’ve never seen one on the road or in a dealership and thought this might have a lot of appeal (hatchback). Also interested in the CRV now it has a diesel but it is a puny 1.6 with quite a low power output for such a large suv,why? In uk press the diesel has bombed in Europe and they’re hardly selling any which may explain why it’s now in thailand . 1.7 million baht though. They’ve offered a petrol hybrid CRV to compensate for that poor reception but guess they’ll stick to flogging the engines no one else wants!

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I’ve noticed a 5 door Civic variant which incorporates the more modern and desirable 1.5 turbo engine rather than the old technology less powerful 1.8. I’ve never seen one on the road or in a dealership and thought this might have a lot of appeal (hatchback). Also interested in the CRV now it has a diesel but it is a puny 1.6 with quite a low power output for such a large suv,why? In uk press the diesel has bombed in Europe and they’re hardly selling any which may explain why it’s now in thailand . 1.7 million baht though. They’ve offered a petrol hybrid CRV to compensate for that poor reception but guess they’ll stick to flogging the engines no one else wants!

I thought that the 5-Door (Hatchback) with the 1.5Ltr Turbo can out in March 2017 ...

On 11/28/2018 at 7:16 PM, snoop1130 said:

First, we are introducing a new Honda Civic, a sport premium sedan that is ready to bring you across to the next level of confidence. 

Confidence ????  confident that other people think you have more than you do, or you make more money.  Or, that your car won’t break down, or maybe you can accelerate faster through the red light

15 hours ago, Henryford said:

Bigger and more expensive. The top model is nearly 30,000 GBP.

The was a thread some time ago which said " You know you're in Thailand when..........a Honda Civic is considered a luxury car".

14 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Toyota Yaris, Mitsubishi Attrage, Nissan Almera and even a Mazda 2 are in that price range, and have most of the embellishments. IMHO their only drawbacks are the small motors and CVT transmissions, which has them struggling on mountain roads.

12 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I thought that the 5-Door (Hatchback) with the 1.5Ltr Turbo can out in March 2017 ...

Not sure when launched and I think the turbo engine was more recently?- I didn’t think that early but never seen one. Thought the hatch would be far more practical and popular.

51 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Not sure when launched and I think the turbo engine was more recently?- I didn’t think that early but never seen one. Thought the hatch would be far more practical and popular.

It's one of the few cases where the saloon model is better looking than the hatchback.  Quasi-sportscar compared to Quasimodo.

That is the ridiculous and stupid model policy of Honda for developing countries like Thailand.
I was at the Motor Expo and asked staff at the Honda booth either about smaller 1.5 engines or hybrids for new civic and H-RV.
The answer was they will be too expensive and people won't buy it...
All the customer want is cheap cheap and big cc engines.
Mindset like 20 or 30 years ago.
That is the price of living in a developing country...
By the way, except for the new accord Honda scrapped all hybrid models on the Thai market.
Other manufacturers seem to be doing similar except Toyota for some bigger cars.

13 hours ago, CLW said:

That is the ridiculous and stupid model policy of Honda for developing countries like Thailand.
I was at the Motor Expo and asked staff at the Honda booth either about smaller 1.5 engines or hybrids for new civic and H-RV.
The answer was they will be too expensive and people won't buy it...
All the customer want is cheap cheap and big cc engines.
Mindset like 20 or 30 years ago.
That is the price of living in a developing country...
By the way, except for the new accord Honda scrapped all hybrid models on the Thai market.
Other manufacturers seem to be doing similar except Toyota for some bigger cars.

As I pointed out though,the new 1.5 turbo engine is available on the civic..but why not on the HRV???

Toyota offer the hybrid on the equivalent sized CHR though. I can understand why hybrids not so feasible in Thailand (perhaps more maintenance to teach Thai dealer staff and lower cost of fuel than Europe). Surprised they don’t offer more Diesel engine saloon cars here given they are struggling to sell Diesel engines in Europe and the lower cost of diesel fuel here- they would be ideal for Thailand 

39 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

As I pointed out though,the new 1.5 turbo engine is available on the civic..but why not on the HRV???

Toyota offer the hybrid on the equivalent sized CHR though. I can understand why hybrids not so feasible in Thailand (perhaps more maintenance to teach Thai dealer staff and lower cost of fuel than Europe). Surprised they don’t offer more Diesel engine saloon cars here given they are struggling to sell Diesel engines in Europe and the lower cost of diesel fuel here- they would be ideal for Thailand 

There are more tax incentives to go hybrid in Thailand. The Camry hybrid is just 4 percent excise tax. Fuel economy in much better in them than diesels. I would think the next step for Honda is to put the 192 hp 1.5 into the CRV in its next generation, replacing the 2.4. o did read one report, maybe from Japan, about the 1.5 being put in the hrv. Not sure if we would ever see that here though.

There are more tax incentives to go hybrid in Thailand. The Camry hybrid is just 4 percent excise tax. Fuel economy in much better in them than diesels. I would think the next step for Honda is to put the 192 hp 1.5 into the CRV in its next generation, replacing the 2.4. o did read one report, maybe from Japan, about the 1.5 being put in the hrv. Not sure if we would ever see that here though.
I hope there will be more hybrids in the future available in the market in Thailand.

Strangely in all other markets the H-RV is available with the 1.5 engine. Hope it will come here at a later time.

Similar goes to the odd pickups. I didn't do very much research but from advertisings that I saw Isuzu is the only brand offering a 1.5 engine in its cars, others all 2.4 or bigger.

Weve had an Accord in the family for 3 years now, nice but i cant see any usefull purpose it being Battery Assist. Neither can SIL, its being changed back to the new 019 Accord. this time not in Brain Dead Black or Scalextric Assist. Be nice to hear others who have used them, not from just those who have Google Brain expertise. I tried to like it in the first few weeks. but soon chose the battered Swift if i got blocked in the drive.

Weve had an Accord in the family for 3 years now, nice but i cant see any usefull purpose it being Battery Assist. Neither can SIL, its being changed back to the new 019 Accord. this time not in Brain Dead Black or Scalextric Assist. Be nice to hear others who have used them, not from just those who have Google Brain expertise. I tried to like it in the first few weeks. but soon chose the battered Swift if i got blocked in the drive.
English please

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

Petrol hybrids are not more economical than diesels unless they are PHEVs where the batteries can be charged from the mains. The write up the new CRV hybrid shows it to be less economical than the diesel option 

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Petrol hybrids are not more economical than diesels unless they are PHEVs where the batteries can be charged from the mains. The write up the new CRV hybrid shows it to be less economical than the diesel option 

Do you mean this one? T

https://www.autostation.com/news/more-info-2019-honda-cr-v-hybrid?gclid=CjwKCAiA0ajgBRA4EiwA9gFOR3ImYJr8OONjyvYYsMcOkPxhlJfB7mUv0hgkC4UBCMbQqukqEB_5ARoC_PAQAvD_BwE

This hybrid gets 18.8 km/l in 2wd form. What is the consumption of the diesel?

This problem is that most makes don't offer both hybrid and diesel versions. This makes comparisons difficult. 

17 hours ago, DavisH said:

Do you mean this one? T

https://www.autostation.com/news/more-info-2019-honda-cr-v-hybrid?gclid=CjwKCAiA0ajgBRA4EiwA9gFOR3ImYJr8OONjyvYYsMcOkPxhlJfB7mUv0hgkC4UBCMbQqukqEB_5ARoC_PAQAvD_BwE

This hybrid gets 18.8 km/l in 2wd form. What is the consumption of the diesel?

This problem is that most makes don't offer both hybrid and diesel versions. This makes comparisons difficult. 

My 3 litre diesel pickup which is not an efficient shape gets 16/17 so that hybrid is quite poor (and real world will be worse than quoted ) . The Times article (which I no longer have) confirmed the CRV hybrid consumption was worse than the diesel 

On 11/30/2018 at 1:05 AM, Lacessit said:

The was a thread some time ago which said " You know you're in Thailand when..........a Honda Civic is considered a luxury car".

Maybe as it always bottoms out on the Thai roads the same as a luxury car. 

On 12/8/2018 at 12:32 PM, nchuckle said:

My 3 litre diesel pickup which is not an efficient shape gets 16/17 so that hybrid is quite poor (and real world will be worse than quoted ) . The Times article (which I no longer have) confirmed the CRV hybrid consumption was worse than the diesel 

17km to the litre out of a 3.0 litre....????

Archived