Honda unveils new Civic

snoop1130

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2018 at 10:44 AM, JoeW said:

The 1.5 Turbo engine is available in the HRV in Europe from next month...

It may be a while before we get that. I think the CRV will abandon the 2.4 and opt for the 1.5 turbo in the meantime. Probably at the next model change.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

It may be a while before we get that. I think the CRV will abandon the 2.4 and opt for the 1.5 turbo in the meantime. Probably at the next model change.

Probably. 1.5 Turbo already available in the CRV in Europe. Now, get ready for a major recall from Honda soon in Thailand...Was informed that for many 1.5 turbos there is gasoline seeping into the engine oil. 

A trip yesterday afternoon to do my 90 day report in Korat. Isuzu manual (3 years old). Drive with anticipation and stay off the brakes ....the opposite to how Thais drive. [emoji38] 
11C2EDB6-AA7C-48B6-8EDB-820F5B69029B.thumb.jpeg.8478144ba8bb6930f8836f2238d21ea8.jpeg
About 6 l / 100 km. Not too bad.
How much cc? 2.4?

36 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Probably. 1.5 Turbo already available in the CRV in Europe. Now, get ready for a major recall from Honda soon in Thailand...Was informed that for many 1.5 turbos there is gasoline seeping into the engine oil. 

Any links? That would be a surprise given that Honda has one of the highest reliability factors of any manufacturer 

5 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Any links? That would be a surprise given that Honda has one of the highest reliability factors of any manufacturer 

Highest reliability for sure, but at this moment the new civic has a few issues: leaking valve covers, leaking oil pan gaskets, broken steering columns, gasoline + oil mix, leaking main seal. I ain't bashing as I drive a civic myself. Just be ready for a recall soon. Gasoline and oil mix is only for 1.5 turbos.

44 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Just hope they’ve sorted the headlights out, they’re pretty abysmal on the 2016 sedan, apart from that, a good ride.

headlights are still the same projector + halogen bulb. They can be easily upgraded to the RS led headlights for 30,000 THB or you can put an aftermarket HID kit or LEDs in.

18 minutes ago, JoeW said:

headlights are still the same projector + halogen bulb. They can be easily upgraded to the RS led headlights for 30,000 THB or you can put an aftermarket HID kit or LEDs in.

It’s the low-beam projectors that are the issue, maybe I’ll try the HID conversion on those, apparently LED aren’t good in projectors; more spread but the ‘hotspot’ is lost.

10 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

It’s the low-beam projectors that are the issue, maybe I’ll try the HID conversion on those, apparently LED aren’t good in projectors; more spread but the ‘hotspot’ is lost.

I agree with you. I changed mine to Osram 6000K HIDs. Absolutely love them, I can highly recommend.

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Highest reliability for sure, but at this moment the new civic has a few issues: leaking valve covers, leaking oil pan gaskets, broken steering columns, gasoline + oil mix, leaking main seal. I ain't bashing as I drive a civic myself. Just be ready for a recall soon. Gasoline and oil mix is only for 1.5 turbos.

I like your Posts..Are You in the Trade, your posts dont have the Googled Copy n Paste smell about them, as you see too much of regarding info on newer cars from folks who hardly ever buy new ones.Can we guess the  Oil Mix/Fuel prob, mines that the Turboes puffing it in. Broken steering thingy seems scary. Anyway Honda aint Ford,  they embarrassed and fix fast.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Down hill.....????

It’s only the big old naturally aspirated V8s beloved of the yanks (in old tanks like Transams)that are going 'downhill'. ???? Ferrari,Porsche,BMW M sport have basically thrown in the towel for non turbo performance models. 

19 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

It’s only the big old naturally aspirated V8s beloved of the yanks (in old tanks like Transams)that are going 'downhill'. ???? Ferrari,Porsche,BMW M sport have basically thrown in the towel for non turbo performance models. 

Well mechanical stuff moves on, V8 stuff is for gear heads who just like that kinda thing, me...????

But lets not forget, turbo and superchargers have been around for decades, just another tool to provide performance..

It will not be that long till performance will be all electric, go fast with no noise, fortunately I will have been put in a box when folk like that kinda thing over piston music..????

2 hours ago, transam said:

Well mechanical stuff moves on, V8 stuff is for gear heads who just like that kinda thing, me...????

But lets not forget, turbo and superchargers have been around for decades, just another tool to provide performance..

It will not be that long till performance will be all electric, go fast with no noise, fortunately I will have been put in a box when folk like that kinda thing over piston music..????

Yup,love the sound of a burbling V8,nothing quite like it ...except maybe the wail of the V10 in that Porsche Carrera! Electric it will be though. Miss my M3 from ???????? days too!

Bought the 1.5 turbo hatchback on day 1 22nd March, picked up 25th March 2017. Been very reliable - getting 16 -17kml on motorway driving at 118kmh

I'm salty that theh left out the sensing package available now and only costing around 20k extra.

LED headlights are fine but replaced the fogs with HiDs for darker roads and sleeping dogs

Sent from my SM-N960F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, 2unique said:

Bought the 1.5 turbo hatchback on day 1 22nd March, picked up 25th March 2017. Been very reliable - getting 16 -17kml on motorway driving at 118kmh

I'm salty that theh left out the sensing package available now and only costing around 20k extra.

LED headlights are fine but replaced the fogs with HiDs for darker roads and sleeping dogs

Sent from my SM-N960F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What is your fuel economy in mixed driving? I'm tossing up between  2.4 crv (which the wife prefers, but so far does not have honda sensing) and the top spec turbo civic. 

What is your fuel economy in mixed driving? I'm tossing up between  2.4 crv (which the wife prefers, but so far does not have honda sensing) and the top spec turbo civic. 
Honda Sensing, also not in the latest C-RV model?
But maybe I am mixing it up with the new H-RV...

2 hours ago, CLW said:

It's only in the civic turbo rs so far in Thailand. It will also be in the new accord, which is released early in the new year. I'm also waiting to look at that also. 

On 12/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, CLW said:

On 12/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, DavisH said:

Mixed driving I get around 13 km..  10ish around town

On 12/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, DavisH said:

The 2.4 crv is an old technology petrol engine and in an suv a rather uneconomical choice. For similar price the much more modern twin turbo Diesel version would be far better.especially on economy. The turbo petrol civic would also be much better on economy.

Archived