Honda unveils new Civic

snoop1130

6 hours ago, 2unique said:

Mixed driving I get around 13 km..  10ish around town

This is what we get from MrsJ's Civic RS ... bought March 2017. I can get computer indicated 20Km/l driving steady at 110-115Km/Hr and using cruise and in economy mode, as that is more gentle with the accelerator on hills etc.... around town I think it is thirsty ... Below is measured fuel used (not computer indicated)... taken from Fuelly.com...into which I input all fuel ups. For more info look me up in Fuelly.

Fuel.JPG.e116b60dc165f3e8aefe52839184ffbd.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/29/2018 at 6:03 PM, nchuckle said:

The 2.4 crv is an old technology petrol engine and in an suv a rather uneconomical choice. For similar price the much more modern twin turbo Diesel version would be far better.especially on economy. The turbo petrol civic would also be much better on economy.

I agree. I've been driving a relative pjs for the last 2 days. It's not bad but rather too soft. I would change the shocks and springs. I will also test the CRV diesel soon. Too bad diesel doesn't come with 5 seats.

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

I agree. I've been driving a relative pjs for the last 2 days. It's not bad but rather too soft. I would change the shocks and springs. I will also test the CRV diesel soon. Too bad diesel doesn't come with 5 seats.

Interested to hear your impressions afterwards. I’m disappointed it’s only a 1.6 diesel and a bit lacking in ultimate power (less than the petrol). I know torque will be better but why not a 2 liter diesel with a bit more power in such a large vehicle ?

18 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I never understand why people worry so much about what they spend on fuel.

Even driving 50,000 km a year, what’s the spend?

What’s the savings at 10 or 20%?

Buy what you like because you like it.

Agreed..

At 50k per year with 12km/l compared to 16km/l  we're looking at about 125,000 baht compared to 93,750 baht on fuel (at 30baht/liter).

That's  31,250 baht, a difference of 85 baht per day....

But who really does 50,000kms per year??? We're lucky if we do 5,000kms!!! 

But, for companies it makes a difference or say someone on a 30,000 baht a month salary who drives on average 200km day (for 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year)....

Agreed..

At 50k per year with 12km/l compared to 16km/l  we're looking at about 125,000 baht compared to 93,750 baht on fuel (at 30baht/liter).
That's  31,250 baht, a difference of 85 baht per day....

But who really does 50,000kms per year??? We're lucky if we do 5,000kms!!! 

But, for companies it makes a difference or say someone on a 30,000 baht a month salary who drives on average 200km day (for 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year)....

Yes, and people earning 30k a month aren’t trying to decide between a new Civic or a new CRV...

35 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I never understand why people worry so much about what they spend on fuel.

Even driving 50,000 km a year, what’s the spend?

What’s the savings at 10 or 20%?

Buy what you like because you like it.

Couldn't agree more ???? spent my working life in the oilfields, loved paying high price for gas, when prices were high I always had a job ???? 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:25 PM, nchuckle said:

Interested to hear your impressions afterwards. I’m disappointed it’s only a 1.6 diesel and a bit lacking in ultimate power (less than the petrol). I know torque will be better but why not a 2 liter diesel with a bit more power in such a large vehicle ?

The first European honda diesel was a 2.2, but was less powerful than the current 1.6. The 1.6 superseded there. I hope to look at the crv diesel this coming weekend. 

Archived