Vientiane Thai Consulate: Risky to dropoff late?

Following up on a few posts in another thread about the best time to go to the consulate:

On 1/30/2017 at 1:54 PM, ubonjoe said:

You should have enough time to get to the consular section in Vientiane. They close the gates at 11:30.

Others have done it with later flights than you.

On 1/30/2017 at 4:01 PM, LandOfWiles said:

I recently arrived at the Vientiane visa office at 11am and the place was almost empty. I was in an out within five minutes. I was application number 250 and I had to wait about 90 minutes for that number to be called the following day. I would not go there too soon for pickup if you have a similarly high number. 

Sounds like a good plan and confirms my experience that the line seems to shrink a lot after 10:30am. At 8:30am there is usually a huge line and 2 hour wait.

So I'm tempted to go around 10:30 to 11am now.

But I can see a scenario where I happen to go on a day where it's quite busy even going late in the window (10:30 to 11). In that case, do they continue to serve all the people in line or must you come back the next day (this would cause me to miss my plane and have to rebuy another ticket)

Edited by Hal65

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

They serve everyone who is inside before 11.30 .

The later that you get there , the later that you will get your PP back the next day

Could be as late as 3.30 PM

I assume 3:30PM is also not a cutoff time and if you have a number, you will also be served?

Asking because I think I may have waited longer than that before. I think they call about 90 numbers per hour if memory serves me correctly.

14 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

I assume 3:30PM is also not a cutoff time and if you have a number, you will also be served?

Asking because I think I may have waited longer than that before. I think they call about 90 numbers per hour if memory serves me correctly.

I was talking about getting you PP back the next day , and roughly they hand them back at about 3 per minute . So, if you have a number 500 , you can expect your PP back around 3.30 PM , but they stay open until everyone has their PP back .

Try to avoid Mondays , as thats when all the visa runners go

• Like 1

Just got back after arriving at 10:40 am. I'm around number #400. In and out took under 40 minutes waiting in 2 lines, well under the 2.5 hours it usually takes me. I'm a latecomer convert now.

I think tomorrow I will time my walk to arrive at around 3pm (1.5 hours / around 240 numbers processed) just to be safe.

Edited by Hal65